PDA

View Full Version : FBD stats on WarClouds/greatergreen not accurate anyway?

Jumoschwanz
03-08-2005, 08:19 AM
The name "Jumoschwanz", which I fly online with will come up on a few server's webpages including greatergreen and WarClouds if you punch it into their search feature, but the stats that come up are not never accurate.

Long ago I noticed that greatergreen's stats were no where close in keeping track of the hours I spent on thier server, and the other day I flew a long misson on WarClouds western front server, going through 3/4 tank of gas in a 109 and hitting planes three times with good shots, taking the wing off one, then landing at my base. This mission never even showed up at all in WarClouds stats.

I am sure it is not just me either. So take the stats pages of these servers with a grain of salt.S!

Jumoschwanz

Jumoschwanz
03-08-2005, 08:19 AM
The name "Jumoschwanz", which I fly online with will come up on a few server's webpages including greatergreen and WarClouds if you punch it into their search feature, but the stats that come up are not never accurate.

Long ago I noticed that greatergreen's stats were no where close in keeping track of the hours I spent on thier server, and the other day I flew a long misson on WarClouds western front server, going through 3/4 tank of gas in a 109 and hitting planes three times with good shots, taking the wing off one, then landing at my base. This mission never even showed up at all in WarClouds stats.

I am sure it is not just me either. So take the stats pages of these servers with a grain of salt.S!

Jumoschwanz

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-08-2005, 09:31 AM
There is a known bug in the time-recording feature of FBD that the developers are aware of and have every intention to fix. This certainly doesn't nullify the other data recorded for each pilot though. While there are definite challenges to the accuracy of the scoring system, the data collected by FBD is generated by the game itself...NOT the script of FBD. Oftentimes the WAY the game records a kills dictates the way FBD will record it as well.

Example: If you get kill-confirmation in the side bar but not in the chat log, then you likely won't get credit for it in the stats page. This is usually after an engagement where noone crashed or was beaten "decisively", but rather landed heavily damaged at an airfield.

The stats are more accurate than not in almost every case.

TB

FatBoyHK
03-08-2005, 09:47 AM
yes the stats machine is very unstable. Usually, when I have a good day with 10+ of kills, the stats machine must be down... No big deal, I have already learnt to play for fun and disregards the stats http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DangerForward
03-08-2005, 10:14 AM
I've found that if I wait about a minute and a half before disconnecting, the stats get recorded correctly.

gates123
03-08-2005, 10:24 AM
If you need to disconnect after your first sortie then respawn real quick before you exit and it will log it fer sure. Also you have to wait till the map flips to the next before it posts anything to the html page.

Hristo_
03-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Definitely losing track of things. I'll try the 2 minute before disconnect approach.

thanks

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-08-2005, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hristo_:
Definitely losing track of things. I'll try the 2 minute before disconnect approach.

thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, as Gate stated, you can simply try to leave when the maps rotate. In most cases the maps are scheduled to run only an hour or so (usually depending on flight times) and the stats are recorded when the maps cycle.

Personally, I haven't had FBD drop any of my sorties in quite a long time.

TB

VFS-22_SPaRX
03-08-2005, 02:10 PM
I really do not have anymore to add to this since TB summed it up pretty well. FBD gathers its stats via IL2s scoreing system. If IL2 does not post your stat then FBD will not pick it up.