PDA

View Full Version : Oleg can you be historical once more and give the spitfire ixe back its gyro sight

Sea_zero
12-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Hi

I like the gunsight in the p51d,you know the the gyro sight. It is especially cool since the British invented it, but it is not cool because it is on in the p51d, not the spitfire ixe, now some people will say well we have the russian version of the spitfire ixe, if that is the case, did the americans supply the russians with their war wining gyro sight and if so, since the british gave it to the americans why cannot we have it in the british spitfire? It could be the case of oh my god the spitfire is already uber and if give them the dam sight the russians, americans and japanese will be dead and the british empire will be supreme for ever more. Now the fact the british invented the gyro sight, and the fact that it was in the spitfire ixe is historical and not meant to dent the pride of some nations. Oleg could you please give use the gyro and I be rather happy because I am very bad at deflection shooting.

This is a thread for true history buffs and not a troll

Sea_zero
12-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Hi

I like the gunsight in the p51d,you know the the gyro sight. It is especially cool since the British invented it, but it is not cool because it is on in the p51d, not the spitfire ixe, now some people will say well we have the russian version of the spitfire ixe, if that is the case, did the americans supply the russians with their war wining gyro sight and if so, since the british gave it to the americans why cannot we have it in the british spitfire? It could be the case of oh my god the spitfire is already uber and if give them the dam sight the russians, americans and japanese will be dead and the british empire will be supreme for ever more. Now the fact the british invented the gyro sight, and the fact that it was in the spitfire ixe is historical and not meant to dent the pride of some nations. Oleg could you please give use the gyro and I be rather happy because I am very bad at deflection shooting.

This is a thread for true history buffs and not a troll

JG52Uther
12-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Stop moaning.If you are serious about it,and you have done your research about this particular a/c having the sight you mention,then why not put it in a bug report?the address is around here somewhere

tsisqua
12-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Sea_zero,

Given the benefit of the doubt, here, that you are not just trying to stir the poo . . .

Posts that begin: "Hey, Oleg . . . " would probably be better placed in Oleg's Ready Room forum. That's where we go to post to Oleg and the 1C team suggestions for improvment/development to the game, and also about the only place that he visits anymore, thanks to the way he has been talked to on the other boards by people like . . . well, never mind. Just take it over there, Dude. That's where it is supposed to be.

Tsisqua

LStarosta
12-28-2004, 10:01 AM
LoL, just learn to shoot.

I doubt anyone's going to work on another cockpit model for a plane that already has one when many of the 3rd party modellers have already begun modelling for BoB.

Capt._Tenneal
12-28-2004, 10:10 AM
It could be the case of oh my god the spitfire is already uber and if give them the dam sight the russians, americans and japanese will be dead and the british empire will be supreme for ever more.

Uh, the russians and americans were on the same side as the british in the war. A thread for "true history buffs" would know about this fact. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

tsisqua
12-28-2004, 10:21 AM
The really sad thing . . .

If zero would only post with a different, nicer, more congenial tone, he could actually be listened to with some interest. As it stands, he appears to be trolling, whether he means to or not, and I am about finished with reading his posts.

Tsisqua

SeaFireLIV
12-28-2004, 10:29 AM
tsisqua,
This guy`s a waste of space. he does it for the kicks.

tsisqua
12-28-2004, 10:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
tsisqua,
This guy`s a waste of space. he does it for the kicks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad, isn't it? Seafire, you should know me well enough by now. I don't normally blow anyone off, but I am there with this guy, and with all my posts, this is a first for me. I'd like to think that I am a fairly tolerant guy, but if I had the ban-stick, I would send him packing. Problem is that he hasn't actually broken any forum rules.

I've actually tried to help the guy a couple of times, and I notice that he never bothers to reply to me, which leads me to believe that he wasn't looking for help at all . . . just trolling.

Tsisqua

Old_Canuck
12-28-2004, 10:37 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif tsisqua is right. This belongs in ORR.

Sea_zero
12-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Hi

No I am not trolling its an historical fact that the spits had the gyro sight, oleg said he was going to make il2 the best historical flight sim, so put in the gyro sight. Now I am rubbish at deflection shooting, but to say learn to shooting on old method is a bit out dated, why the americans and british thought so. I believe the gyro sight was called an ace maker. I saw one these sights at my locak museum and they look fantastic. Can I have it in please. I am asking Oleg, he made the sim so why not put his name on the post, etc Not trolling just like some imput.

tisqua I think you are a funny guy plese keep posting and help me to understand IL2. Thanks for your imput.

SeaFireLIV
12-28-2004, 10:46 AM
I may sound pretty unmerciful, but I`ve seen this, "I`m innocent!" routine before. It`s usually a way of causing confusion so you last longer with your Trolling. Several posts are proving your true intent. Nearly every time you post you have to put in something derogatory about some nation or other.

Maybe you are innocent, but you have a weird way of showing it... even for a kid.

(p.s. Your more patient than me, Tsisqua. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

tsisqua
12-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Sigh!

Ok.

One more time, Sea_zero. Take your post over to ORR, and keep your request simple. Title it so it sounds less like a demand. something like "Gyro Gunsight For Spitfire", or whatever. Oleg will not give you the time of day if you shout, or do anything other than provide info and requests, not demands. Provide a link to a pic, or some info concerning the sight, and be prepared to hear him say that it may be impossible at this time.

Now, if you want to be part of this community, you need to change a bit. There are very good people here. They will go to all lengths to help you, if you only show that you deserve it. Those of us that have been in here, litterally for years, have mostly become friends.

"If you want friends, you must show yourself to be friendly"

Tsisqua

p1ngu666
12-28-2004, 11:31 AM
the mark XIV/22 will have a gyro sight, AND a slightly better view over the nose.

if the british had there aircraft (to full spec, and missing ones), it would make other nations rather jealose to say the least.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Well I am all turkeyd up the pie hole and sick on christmas spirit.

Soooooo with that in mind.

burn the fooker

BSS_Goat
12-28-2004, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tHeBaLrOgRoCkS:
Well I am all turkeyd up the pie hole and sick on christmas spirit.

Soooooo with that in mind.

burn the fooker <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree BURN HIM! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Raptor_20thFG
12-28-2004, 01:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sea_zero:
Hi

This is a thread for true history buffs and not a troll <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S`
Zero I am very curious to know where you got your information I was under the impression that the Spitfire never had the Gyro Sight. That it was excuslive used in the P 51D

However I could be wrong and I agree this should be in oleg's ready room

FoolTrottel
12-28-2004, 01:27 PM
I disagree (with BSS_Goat)!
Let's just ignore him .. and he will go away....
...and he will come back... and then,
let's ignore him again!

Skycat_2
12-29-2004, 12:24 AM
While this doesn't settle anything, you might like to check out this thread started by Gibbage over a year ago at Netwings, when he was showing the work progress on the Spitfires currently in the game:
http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=540&forum=DCForumID43&omm=0

Look at Gibbage's initial post, and then scroll down to around post #40; the discussion turns to gyroscopic sights used by the RAF in the Spitfires.

Skycat_2
12-29-2004, 12:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor_20thFG:

S`
Zero I am very curious to know where you got your information I was under the impression that the Spitfire never had the Gyro Sight. That it was excuslive used in the P 51D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same sight was installed in late war P-47s as well. The P-47D-40, the last of the 'D' series, had it as standard; I'm assuming that follwing models had it as well.

WTE_Ibis
12-29-2004, 01:21 AM
Could Sea_Zero be the "other" Sir Robin,could they
both be the re-incarnation of our old friend Ray,
could it be a CIA conspiricy,could he be an Oleg
plant to drum up a little "action" on the forums.
Maybe he is a mod with a sense of humour.Me,well
I dunno,something a little strange here methinks.
But I've been wrong plenty of times before.
Just a little grist for the mill.
Cheers, Ibis. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

WOLFMondo
12-29-2004, 02:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raptor_20thFG:
S`
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The XIV and later versions definatly had it, not sure about the IX's, maybe some later versions of it did. Did the Tempest or Typhoon have it? Anyone know?

p1ngu666
12-29-2004, 11:19 AM
icefire said some mark V and IX got it, i guess as a replacement for the mark V.

i dont think typhoon had it, as it was mainly a ground pounder, a tempest may well have

faustnik
12-29-2004, 11:36 AM
I was just reading "Flying Guns of World War II" last night and it said the gyro sight was used with the E-wing Spit IX.

I can get the exact quote later if it is helpful.

Lucius_Esox
12-30-2004, 03:57 AM
Am not sure whats going on here. In the game imo the gunsight on the Spitfire V's are excellent, maybe the best in the game. Get a very unobscured view of the target with a nice uncomplicated dot right in the middle,, easy peasy.
Am gonna show my utter ignorance here how does the aiming differ in the Mustang then, I don't fly them very often?

Sorry about hijacking the thread Sea_zero

Aaron_GT
12-30-2004, 06:23 AM
Raptor wrote:
" I was under the impression that the Spitfire never had the Gyro Sight. That it was excuslive used in the P 51D"

Given that the British developed the sight (Ferranti GGS Mk IID, the K-14 was a copy of this under licence) it would be odd if they didn't use it. In reality it was used in Spitfires, both in the IX and XIV. I am not sure if the Tempest V ever received it before the end of the war.

hunhunter-texas
12-30-2004, 08:27 AM
Apart from isolated field mods, the K14 was never fitted to MkIXE Spits. The mounting bracket which forms part of the panel mounting would require major modification to fit the K14, a very time consuming mod. I have worked on two real MkIXE Spits and a MkXVI and none of them had a gyro sight fitted.