PDA

View Full Version : New Interview

misterB2001
10-12-2011, 05:52 AM
don't think its been posted yet. very insightful!

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox..._creed_explored.html (http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/assassins_creed_revelations/news/the_future_of_assassins_creed_explored.html)

ProletariatPleb
10-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Since no one has done it yet...Thanks misterB2001, nice find.

Chronomancy
10-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Ew I have to read. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

But nice find regardless.

kriegerdesgottes
10-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Good interview but it frightens me how willing Falko is to make a WWII game :P. Thank goodness Cory May said the series will never go there as long as he works at Ubisoft.

roostersrule2
10-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Good interview but it frightens me how willing Falko is to make a WWII game :P. Thank goodness Cory May said the series will never go there as long as he works at Ubisoft. Thank god he's still there he's just not the main story writer for ACR.

SleezeRocker
10-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Nice read!
Just builds more excitement for nov 15 ^^!

SteelCity999
10-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Good interview but it frightens me how willing Falko is to make a WWII game :P. Thank goodness Cory May said the series will never go there as long as he works at Ubisoft.

I have a feeling, regardless of what he may have said in the past, that we will see WWII in AC4...hopefully not AC3. It would make sense in some ways. Hilter was crazy about finding artifacts and his scientists and engineers were very forward thinkers - they actually had a stealth plane. If we go to France, which I hope we do, it gives them some freedom in writing as to why Hitler did what he did - aside from he was crazy. His death has alot of speculation around it and is one of the few contemporary historical figures that has some ambiguity around his death. They would need a really strong story though to pull it off and be plausible.

Calvarok
10-14-2011, 09:36 PM

Actually, his example of a WW2 game sounded good. Sneaking around german cities, figuring out which powerful figures will help you or hinder you. Political intrigue, multiple countries at war? That's the basic setting of every AC game so far.

rileypoole1234
10-14-2011, 09:49 PM

Honestly the way he described it sounded kind of cool. "You can imagine running around London when the bombs fall." That would be cool. I've always wanted an AC game in London. I hope it happens in one way or another. That was a very good interview I might add. Good to know they still have many fresh ideas to carry on with.

kriegerdesgottes
10-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Imo the WWII setting is a terrible idea for two reasons. First, I can not even begin to count the amount of games that have taken place during that time period and AC goes out of its way to avoid exactly that. Secondly it's a little too modern of a setting for my liking. I don't like the idea of a modern AC game. That's just me though.

naran6142
10-15-2011, 02:13 PM
i dont want a modern AC because i dont want guns to be the primary weapons

the past settings is what draw a lot of people in

i highly doubt there will be a modern AC anytime soon

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Guns being the primary ranged weapon isn't really that big a change. We've had the crossbow and knives forever.

It's not like no-one will use melee weapons any more, in close quarters stealth it would be more efficient and stealthy to kill people with hidden blades.

I think people would be shocked by how little it would change gameplay if they just put a WW2 skin over ACB.

But really, I hate how people can't see the intrigue and horror and action that has happened relatively recently.

Sure, WW2 has been done in shooters a lot, but it's always in some historically dubious recreation of a battle, never actually set within the cities that were engineering the conflict, never about real-life heroes and villians in the war.

It's always about the soldier. Soldiers weren't the only conflicts in the war. From AC's point of view you'd be surprised how fresh it would feel.

Serrachio
10-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Guns being the primary ranged weapon isn't really that big a change. We've had the crossbow and knives forever.

It's not like no-one will use melee weapons any more, in close quarters stealth it would be more efficient and stealthy to kill people with hidden blades.

I think people would be shocked by how little it would change gameplay if they just put a WW2 skin over ACB.

But really, I hate how people can't see the intrigue and horror and action that has happened relatively recently.

Sure, WW2 has been done in shooters a lot, but it's always in some historically dubious recreation of a battle, never actually set within the cities that were engineering the conflict, never about real-life heroes and villians in the war.

It's always about the soldier. Soldiers weren't the only conflicts in the war. From AC's point of view you'd be surprised how fresh it would feel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Saboteur

There is this, and it's not necessarily a shooter.

naran6142
10-15-2011, 02:24 PM
not saying it couldn't be done

but i wasn't talking about game play, a crossbow just isn't the same as a gun if you no wat i mean

tho i guess you are right about an AC twist to WWII being different that every other WWII game

but i dont think it will be done, at least until the main story is over

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 02:35 PM
The Saboteur was more linear and scripted than AC is, but yes, it's one of the very few that takes a different tack.

And Naran, mechanically, a gun is exactly the same as a crossbow. Sure, it would have more shots, but the ROF could be maximised and it would be easy to change the aiming feature into a headshot finiding feature, so you don't get a 1 hit kill unless you aim long enough. Regardless, at close range, people don't fire willy nilly. there would still be open melee combat, it's just that disarming would play a bigger part!

It's so easy to find ways to make it work, and I don't think that anyone should ever rule it out.