PDA

View Full Version : Are firecrackers better now than they were in ACB?

DeanOMiite
12-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Because the cooldown on them is crazy now. 75 seconds? In ACB it was muuuuch shorter. I think rapid reload FC was something like 25 seconds, maybe 35, now it's 60 at its absolute shortest. Are they stronger now or something?

Leather_Knight
12-30-2011, 03:02 PM
No. Then again, I've never liked them. Just the same minor annoyance they were in ACB.

TalentedTrack98
12-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Well now theres like a completely white screen while in ACB you could kinda see through it but its not super better

PlasticAssasin8
12-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Dont think they work better, you can stun or kill easier through this version i think

stinks8
12-30-2011, 03:13 PM
I think if you have a team working together in MH they are quite useful, especially since they can be thrown. I have been thinking of switching to them since I can seem to time my mute right.

persiateddy95
12-30-2011, 03:25 PM
100% worse.

Limed_-
12-30-2011, 05:21 PM
They worked well in Brohood for me, but they just don't seem to work well in Revelations, I've also noticed that the white screen effect had a MUCH longer duration in Brohood.

DannyStrong
12-30-2011, 05:40 PM
they're much more useful now that they can be thrown.

Chronomaancy
12-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
100% worse.

This.

swiftavenger212
12-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Chronomaancy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
100% worse.

This. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^

DannyStrong
12-31-2011, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Chronomaancy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
100% worse.

if you toss firecrackers they're like templar vision but you don't reveal your position. just sit back and 75% of the time your target runs straight to you

GotACoolName
12-31-2011, 01:28 AM
They've been severely nerfed by the ridiculous cooldown and (offensively) massive stun range, but they're still more useful because they can be thrown. But there's not much that can be done when you throw FCs at a crowd blend, unless your target is stupid and does nothing or runs straight to you.

I personally love how Ubisoft officially stated that firecrackers were the "best" ability in Brotherhood and that people using smoke were ignorant, and then they nerfed the mediocre firecrackers in Revelations and made the best ability even better.

AntiChrist7
12-31-2011, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by DannyStrong:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomaancy:
100% worse.

if you toss firecrackers they're like templar vision but you don't reveal your position. just sit back and 75% of the time your target runs straight to you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or they just drop a smoke bomb that last longs

Anykeyer
12-31-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by GotACoolName:
They've been severely nerfed by the ridiculous cooldown and (offensively) massive stun range, but they're still more useful because they can be thrown. But there's not much that can be done when you throw FCs at a crowd blend, unless your target is stupid and does nothing or runs straight to you.

I personally love how Ubisoft officially stated that firecrackers were the "best" ability in Brotherhood and that people using smoke were ignorant, and then they nerfed the mediocre firecrackers in Revelations and made the best ability even better.
FC wasn't best ability overall, but with proper approach you could make smoke/mute useless against you, especially in manhunt. FC could also be abused in assassinate.
Now its more balanced with increased cooldown and lower blinding effect. You can greatly increase blinding effect if you cause your victim to rotate his/her camera. And throwing is very usefull in team games like manhunt.

WLP Adoniis
12-31-2011, 06:50 AM
they need to fix it because i can see my target or pursuer every time they use it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif . ACB'S FC was way better than the new one . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

<STRIKE>THE AERIAL ASSASSINO </STRIKE>

Zoidberg747
12-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Noooo, ACB Firecrackers didnt suck and take 70 seconds to cool downXD

gothpunkboy89
12-31-2011, 12:10 PM
I really don't notice a difference. For me they are always support abilities. I rarely use it if i plan to kill them myself. I sit back and throw it so they are focused on me and fail to see my team mate walking up from the other side for the silent kill.

The long time is a pain but the ability to force you from hiding is a powerful ability in team game modes.

plus if you craft any cool down bonus to it, the cool down timer is severely reduced. 1 cool down and 1 range craft plus the cool down boost perk and I really don't notice much of a difference between ACR and ACB.

Rainin420
12-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by GotACoolName:

LOL WHO SAID THIS? WHEN? LOL.

Zoidberg747
12-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Rainin420:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GotACoolName:

LOL WHO SAID THIS? WHEN? LOL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was during the summer I think. It showed that Ubi had no idea what they were talking about.

obliviondoll
01-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Ubisoft released stats on ability and persona use (which should have told them the Knight was one of the least popular characters and a bad choice to keep in the game).

They basically tried to claim that Firecrackers are just as effective as Smoke, but with a wider area of effect and shorter cooldown.

I got the feeling that NOBODY there tried playing the game EVER when I was reading that.

Anykeyer
01-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Its not far from truth really. You cant focus on someone or stun 2 people and it takes more to master this ability for defense use. But in right hands FC was indeed overpowered.

AwkwardlyBruta
01-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Ubisoft released stats on ability and persona use (which should have told them the Knight was one of the least popular characters and a bad choice to keep in the game).

They basically tried to claim that Firecrackers are just as effective as Smoke, but with a wider area of effect and shorter cooldown.

I got the feeling that NOBODY there tried playing the game EVER when I was reading that.

Maybe they ment for running away?
I mean they DID say stunning should never be used as a counter.

Redbanana27
01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Favourite ability ACB: Firecrackers
Favourite ability ACR: Firecrackers

Although if the cooldown was back down to 25 seconds i would give every member at Ubisoft a hug, i just got to rember that they will give me a stun 9/10 times every 50 seconds http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif