PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer for this game is complete....

Mynimoe
11-17-2010, 09:07 AM
I have to vent, so im sorry.

First, I find that the inability to foresee assassinations is incredibly annoying. I have no problem finding my targets. But I cannot hide from other players to save my life. And before you say that I'm not blending or trying to be stealthy, I am. I hide in haystacks, i blend with walking crowds, i stand at stalls yet they ALWAYS find me. Why is it that the hunting assassin has the advantage. It seems like its about being an offensive player rather than defensive.

Second, on the extremely rare occassion that i DO detect my attempted killer, i try and stun them yet they are always able to kill me before i stun them, even if i initiate my stun first. I dunno.

Some people would say that i just suck at the multiplayer but i just think its horribly flawed. It just seems to me that the person who is hunting you has the advantage, almost like they're a better assassin....wait a minute, arent they all suppose to be assassins? wouldnt the assassin be smart enough to detect the assassin that is hunting him? just saying....

Wishin2bFishin
11-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Well, I'd give you some insight if I was able to connect! sorry

CourtJestGaming
11-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Mynimoe:

First, I find that the inability to foresee assassinations is incredibly annoying. I have no problem finding my targets. But I cannot hide from other players to save my life. And before you say that I'm not blending or trying to be stealthy, I am. I hide in haystacks, i blend with walking crowds, i stand at stalls yet they ALWAYS find me. Why is it that the hunting assassin has the advantage. It seems like its about being an offensive player rather than defensive.

Second, on the extremely rare occassion that i DO detect my attempted killer, i try and stun them yet they are always able to kill me before i stun them, even if i initiate my stun first. I dunno.

Some people would say that i just suck at the multiplayer but i just think its horribly flawed. It just seems to me that the person who is hunting you has the advantage, almost like they're a better assassin....wait a minute, arent they all suppose to be assassins? wouldnt the assassin be smart enough to detect the assassin that is hunting him? just saying....

Some pointers I'd give are to blend within crowds of the same model/persona as you. The more persona's the better.

Another good thing to do is blend in a still crowd, with a persona in another crowd not far from you. The radar isn't pinpoint accurate and can throw off the pursuer some.

Another good tip is to always look around, and behind you as you walk. If you spot a pursuer, a red arrow will appear over them while they approach you, if you see it early enough, it gives you a better chance to know how close they are and when you can stun them better. However stunning an enemy is not the easiest things, as even said by Ubisoft. But if spotting them early, it seems to be easier to do than of course, never spotting them at all.

If you don't spot a pursuer, and they are stealthy enough, 9 out of 10 times you are dead, unless they kill the wrong target.

Games like these tend to take a bit more thought instead of just running around, I personally also stay off of roofs in most situations, with the exception of say, Manhunt or the like. It's easy to tell if you are being hunted in that mode while on a roof, when you see a persona climbing a roof that isn't your teammate heh.

Fitzy010
11-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Don't hide in haystacks, for some reason everyone who hides in them get killed.

If you do happen to see your killer, drop a smoke bomb perhaps?

Morph and disguise comes in handy.

I don't find any of these problems when I played, maybe you just need a little bit more experience to get better. (Practice Makes Perfect)

Melancrater
11-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Mynimoe:

I had this same problem when i was playing the beta... i could never find anybody. After i played awhile i was able to detect them more and more... then i wasnt able to stun anyone when i tried. Once again, after i played more i got the hang of it. Stunning takes precise timing but when you do it enough it comes natural. Another thing that helped me was go to a standing crowd and use morph and stay there. Keep looking around and most of the time you can see your pursuer. Either attempt to stun him or see if he kills the wrong person. Some people will walk to the group and use morph to find you though, changing everyone to there character cept you.

Rainie
11-17-2010, 11:47 AM
I don't agree that the person targeting you has the advantage, they only have as much advantage that you give them. The trick is to not only look for your target but to look for suspicious looking personas as well. There's a lot of strategy in this game and you just have to play more to get used to it. I'll give you some of my tactics to see if they help you (and anyone else who's having trouble with the mp), these work for me so they might work for you too

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> only hide in haystacks if there is another persona around with the same character skin as you, if there isn't and someone comes looking for you most likely they'll check the haystack

<LI> if you're hiding in a crowd or standing at a stall, make sure there's at least one other persona with the same character skin, this lowers the chances of your hunter to select you, and don't run to the spot!

<LI> try to stay off rooftops as much as possible, if you get spotted it's a dead giveaway that you're not a npc. I personally love shooting down roof runners with my gun from the ground http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

<LI> when you're looking around for your target, look for personas who start off walking straight but start turning your way as you come close to them, I find that 70% of the time it's my hunter

<LI> if you can, avoid running at full speed, npcs don't do that so it gives you away. And don't jog for long distances either, the npcs will sometimes jog a bit but never for more than a few seconds either

<LI> don't stand on ledges unless your about to do an air assassination on someone

<LI> level up more so you can unlock the abilities, they come in handy [/list]

That's all I can think of right now, hopefully that helps. I hate it when people say something is unplayable when a lot of people aren't having problems

obliviondoll
11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Some advice on stunning from someone with beta experience (but the full game's not out until tomorrow here):

Don't try to counter an assassination, or try to go up to your hunter to use stun.

Stay hidden until they approach, make sure the group you're in has at least one other model that looks like you, or if you're in a haystack, make sure there's another model nearby that does.

When your hunter is trying to decide which one to kill, THAT's when you stun.

Also, if you have disguise, and your pursuer starts a chase, go around the corner, disguise and join the crowd. Then stun when they're running past or while they're trying to work out why there's nobody who looks like you any more.

BloodyMoon1
11-17-2010, 02:38 PM
The thing I find funny about this, is it's like the beta all over again. I doubt you suck, but think about something you said. You have no problem finding your target. If it's that way for you, it's the same for the other people as well. And yes, it's hard to avoid getting killed usually, but it's still easy enough to avoid it for long enough to win. Unless you're in first....then everyone is after your *** -.-

And for stun, people had this "problem" in beta too. Stun takes about 1 to 2 seconds to work, which is much better then it was compared to the 2 or 3 seconds for beta, and during the time you're warming up your stun, they have a chance to block and kill you. That's why sometimes you see your character take a swing before they die.

Anyways, my suggestion, keep playing. Unless you were in the beta or you play on the 360, there's about 60k players with more experience then you, so just keep playing, it actually gets easier when you level up because you get fun stuff like morph.

Morph+Poison=Win.

D173120T
11-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I feel for you.I was just the same with the Beta.Was good at tailing and killing but kept getting killed to easily.The only thing you can do i be aware of whats going on around you.Its better to drop tailing your target if you think you have an Assassin on your tail.It pays you to look about you and just WATCH the other characters.Eventually you WILL be able to spot assassins bent on sending you to your grave.Of course there are times wher you get caught totally unawares,but hey thats the Game!
I agree with the comments re the Haystacks,im not 100% sure but if you see someone dissapear into a haystack its usually a PLAYER as opposed to an NPC.Obviously its a tad more difficult the more assassins you have on your ***.You definatly need to unlock stuff as you WILL die very quickly untill you are able to effectivly blend/morph and use some of the more choice weapons.One rule is to make sure your *** is clear,just dont concentrate 100% on your kill.

G0DFATHER06
11-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Well what lvl of people are you playing with..Cause I think around 20 a person can get Templar vision which lets you see the person you are hunting.

Eavath
11-17-2010, 05:25 PM
About stunning : never, never, never stun from the front. Unless your hunter has the worst reflexes in the world, you will lose. Always stun from behind, impossible for the hunter to counter this.

Also, as people have stated before, hide in groups that look like you, major bonus points to hiding in said groups if you have disguise. Also, if you're in disguise, but it's literally about to run out when your hunter is near you, it will actually wait until you're out of their sight (proven on multiple occassions.)

And yes, templar vision sucks when you're not the one using it x_x.

Final point, always, always be aware of your surroundings all around you. Always pan the camera around you, looking for running/jumping personas. Also check to see if one is walking fast towards you, or has been following for a while.

Hope these points help out a bit in multiplayer ^^

XxKillaSniperxX
11-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Eavath:
About stunning : never, never, never stun from the front. Unless your hunter has the worst reflexes in the world, you will lose. Always stun from behind, impossible for the hunter to counter this.

Not true. Though maybe harder from the back, you can still be countered. Assassinations ALWAYS have priority over stuns.

Also to the op, smoke bomb is your friend. It's almost always a guaranteed stun, and when it's not it usually allows for escape. A trick I like to use is when I only have one person me sometimes I will hide in a bale of hay and wait for my pursuer there, preferably by some npcs that look the same. When you see your pursuer, which is usually easier to spot when you're in hay because they come right at you, wait for them to get real close, then throw a smoke bomb. You don't even have to leave the hay to use it. If it stops them, you get a free stun. If not, you keep a chance to escape, but jumping out of the opposite side, and you now know the identity of your pursuer. All the while doing this, you may even get lucky and have your prey walk by while your hiding, netting you some bonus points, as well as a achievement/trophy for the first you do it. There's even a challenge for getting kills from hay.

Mynimoe
11-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Thanks guys for the advice. I will say that this has been the most constructive post i have ever made on a forum. Not one rude or condescending comment. I would like to add that after using some of these techniques it has become easier for me to at least detect who my hunter is, doesnt always mean that i can escape but i can at least react now hah.

Rainie
11-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Glad to hear it, keep at it cuz it'll get easier http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mynimoe
11-30-2010, 05:15 AM
I have become better by 10 fold but i have noticed some new things. Sometimes block from behind doesnt work at all. i mean if im trying to aid a teammate and im not getting the button above the guys head to stun....its frustrating when you know you could have saved your friend. but i think that is lag more than anything.

Ive also noticed sometimes there is a lag on smoke bomb. If i drop a bomb and they walk right through it and get me....that also is frustrating. i dunno. thats about all i have to complain about but i love alliance mode. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

luth411
11-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Yeah latency is the limiting factor in many situations. Your comment about smoke bomb was something I experienced as well. Smoke bomb actually has a short "diffuse time". Fractions of a second elapse (not due to latency) from the time you cast the ability to the time the smoke cloud appears.

You have to get used to throwing it a little earlier than you normally would, and some situations you don't have time to deploy it. It helps to run a few steps then throw it if you know the pursuer is closing in. Someone else can confirm, but I believe firecrackers does not have this small window. Throwing the crackers will instantly create the effect for those in range.

obliviondoll
11-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by mpagano411:
Yeah latency is the limiting factor in many situations. Your comment about smoke bomb was something I experienced as well. Smoke bomb actually has a short "diffuse time". Fractions of a second elapse (not due to latency) from the time you cast the ability to the time the smoke cloud appears.

You have to get used to throwing it a little earlier than you normally would, and some situations you don't have time to deploy it. It helps to run a few steps then throw it if you know the pursuer is closing in. Someone else can confirm, but I believe firecrackers does not have this small window. Throwing the crackers will instantly create the effect for those in range.
They activate immediately, but there's a VERY short window where the thrower is in a "throwing" animation - same with smoke bomb - during which you can be killed/stunned. it's a really fast action though, so doesn't slow you down much.

Crackers go off at the beginning of the animation, smoke goes off at the end.

I could be wrong, but that's what it's looked like from my perspective.