PDA

View Full Version : Need help with views Trackir Pro4.

bchivers3377
08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Just got one tonight but I can't center ext.views. Can this be programed into the X52 software so I can center it with my joystick?

p-11.cAce
08-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Yes it can - on my x-45 I've got it programmed to to the index finger switch on the front of the "guard". You have to use the saitek software to map the function though - if you try to map it to the TIR software directly it does not work - not sure why but could not get it to work until I posted to the tech help forum here and was told to map it via the software: now it works like a charm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Divine-Wind
08-28-2006, 07:33 PM
You mean to get the view back behind the plane? The external view is centered by default at the plane's front right/left (forgot which one). I don't know if there's anyway to change this.

Oh, and welcome to the world of TrackIR gaming. Your experience will change and improve immensely.

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of something else. Like he said, you have to use the SST software (extremely easy to use, once you know your way around) to assign one of the buttons to it.

bchivers3377
08-28-2006, 08:13 PM
I tried to to use the saitek software to map the function but it won't let me map whichever key TIR uses to center. I tried using different keys with the X52 and I tried different hotkeys with the TIR but eveytime I map a key on the X52 then change the hotkey to match it it revets the X52 key back to where it was.

Divine-Wind
08-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Map whichever key you want to center TrackIR in TrackIR, then close it. Now map that key to whichever button you want on the X52 using the profiling software. It should work now.

Tully__
08-29-2006, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by bchivers3377:
I tried to to use the saitek software to map the function but it won't let me map whichever key TIR uses to center. I tried using different keys with the X52 and I tried different hotkeys with the TIR but eveytime I map a key on the X52 then change the hotkey to match it it revets the X52 key back to where it was.

What Divine-Wind said. By default TIR "traps" keys mapped to TIR functions so that no other applications can see those keys while TIR is running. To map them in the Saitek software you'll have to either shut down the TIR software while editing the profile or change the settings in TIR so those keys aren't read only by TIR.

bchivers3377
08-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Was able to map a button on my joystick, thanks. Just wish there was a way to center ext.views to the back of the plane.

Klemm.co
08-29-2006, 04:03 PM
If you dont know already, you can press F8 in game, and the view will center behind your plane. But then you will only have up- and downmovement of the view available, not sideways.

Tully__
08-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by bchivers3377:
Was able to map a button on my joystick, thanks. Just wish there was a way to center ext.views to the back of the plane.

F8 (Chase view) is locked to centre or the ViewForward button (default is POV_hat_up or Numpad_8 IIRC) will snap the free camera external view behind the plane at its current attitude.

Edit: I haven't had TIR set up for a while, you may have to toggle TIR off for these to work. It can be set up as an advanced command or macro so one key press toggles TIR off, centres the view, toggles TIR back on then centres TIR if you like. The saitek software is very flexible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Divine-Wind
08-29-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm thinking you could do a macro with the profiling software so pushing the button will simultaneously center TrackIR and push Numpad 8.

bchivers
08-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Good idea, haven't been able to make it work yet. Will try again latter. Thanks.

bchivers
08-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
I'm thinking you could do a macro with the profiling software so pushing the button will simultaneously center TrackIR and push Numpad 8. Couldn't get the macro to work not sure why but I used the new advanced command and came up with a workable solution. I took Tully's advice and had to pause TIR and then F8 then pause again. The only problem is that I only have up and down views no side to side so I hit the button for ext. views and it gives me the regular view not the TIR so I have to hit the new advanced command button again and TIR is working again.
Thanks for the help, couldn,t have figured it out without you'll.