PDA

View Full Version : Career mode - promotions

coreservers
05-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Every time I return to port (steering into wilhelmshaven, then selecting dock) I check to see if I'm to be promotted.
I make sure i've completed the terms of the mission both arriving and staying in my zone for 24 hours.
It still says 0 and "you need to complete a mission"
am i doing wrong??

VikingGrandad
05-29-2006, 07:42 AM
You only get promoted when you get enough renown:

from the SH3 Community Manual:
To be promoted, you must accumulate sufficient renown. For your first promotion, you'll need to accumulate 5,000 renown. Your next promotion comes at 15,000 renown and the third promotion comes at 25,000 renown. The renown needed for a promotion is not the cumulative renown you've gathered through your career, but rather your current amount of renown.

I'm not sure what you mean by:

I've never seen this before. Perhaps tell us some more info to see if that gives any clues:

- How many ships have you typically sunk on patrol? Are they definitely enemy ships, and not neutral or friendly?

- How much renown are you typically getting per patrol?

- How many patrols have you completed?

- How much renown do you have in total?

EDIT - also, on which screen in the game are you getting that "you need to complete a mission" message?

lecek
05-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by coreservers:
Every time I return to port (steering into wilhelmshaven, then selecting dock) I check to see if I'm to be promotted.
I make sure i've completed the terms of the mission both arriving and staying in my zone for 24 hours.
am i doing wrong??

In to Whilhemlshaven? HMMM.

I don't know this is your problem but try saving the game some 50 kilometers out. When the game stops to load Whilhelmshaven end the game right after that. Don't close in on Whilhelmshaven.

See if that makes a difference. (I am not sure it will.)

Note: It is very very good practice to save the game before you return to port.

Blue_Ninja63
05-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi there,

I've only seen the message "you must complete a patrol" when trying to award medals to the crew to resolve this you need to go to your desk and click on personnel files and promote, award medals and upgrade crew through there.

Hope this helps, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

coreservers
05-29-2006, 10:28 AM
sorry my mistake, it does say "you need to complete a patrol".I thuoght i had.
But I don't have 5000 renown yet.