PDA

View Full Version : PF From Maximum PC - January 2005 Issue

NTESLA
12-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I subscribe to MaximumPC magazine since 1998. Great mag for the PC enthusiast like me. They made a review of PF, they gave it a 8/10 score :

"Pacific Fighter : The battle for the Pacific - Russian style

Oleg Maddox is fast becoming a legend in PC flight sim circles...

...the Russian developer now serves up Pacific Fighters, the best Pacific Theater aerial combat sim since Microprose's classic '1942:Pacific Air War'...

...Pacific Fighers' unscripted and immersive single-player game delivers a consistent challenge from full-throttle take-off to sphincter-puckering carrier landing."

I think Pacific Fighter is getting it's much deserved '15 minutes of fame'!

Keep up the great work Oleg & team!

NTESLA
12-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I subscribe to MaximumPC magazine since 1998. Great mag for the PC enthusiast like me. They made a review of PF, they gave it a 8/10 score :

"Pacific Fighter : The battle for the Pacific - Russian style

Oleg Maddox is fast becoming a legend in PC flight sim circles...

...the Russian developer now serves up Pacific Fighters, the best Pacific Theater aerial combat sim since Microprose's classic '1942:Pacific Air War'...

...Pacific Fighers' unscripted and immersive single-player game delivers a consistent challenge from full-throttle take-off to sphincter-puckering carrier landing."

I think Pacific Fighter is getting it's much deserved '15 minutes of fame'!

Keep up the great work Oleg & team!

HotelBushranger
12-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Good! Finally! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

F4U_Flyer
12-21-2004, 11:30 PM
" sphincter-puckering carrier landing."
Been there , done that ! Many , many times! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

x__CRASH__x
12-22-2004, 01:58 AM
Why don't we see commercials for it, like we do for Ghost Recon, and other FPS games? Can you imagine some War Birds flying around in your living room? If I saw a commercial I'd just have to go play it, no matter what was on! lol

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-22-2004, 07:48 AM
The January issue of PCGamer gave it 88% rating as well. Anything over 80% from them is very good. One of the only low points they listed were

1. Some crucial controls (i.e. chocks) were unmapped by default

Pretty high praise if you ask me. They said alot of good things about it calling it The definitive WWII flight sim...ever"

TB

VF-19
12-22-2004, 08:37 AM
I read the Maximum PC review as well. Good overall, if a bit breif, but slightly incorrect. They state that there are no torpedo bombers in the game. Weird, because I can put torpedoes on a few planes as weapons...

But really, I'm happy it's getting good reviews. And I'm happy I'm having a blast flying all these planes!

jlhopwo01
12-22-2004, 09:07 AM
My guess is that those commercials are for the Xbox/PS2 version of those games for the kiddies.