PDA

View Full Version : Ubi survey

russ.nl
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I got this (http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/34079/SOW_survey.htm) from the 1.JaVA site. It was originaly posted on SimHQ.

It is a survey from Ubi about SoW though they don't say so. Looking at the questions it seems they do read some of the topics posted here.

Pretty strange that they didn't post this on there own forum. Or have I missed it?

Platypus_1.JaVA
03-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by russ.nl:

Pretty strange that they didn't post this on there own forum. Or have I missed it?

Probably not.

Platypus_1.JaVA
03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
If you read between the lines of some of the questions, you'll notice they would like to know wich way to steer the development of BoB

russ.nl
03-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Yes I noticed that too. But that makes me think that this survey is not just from Ubi. Or does Ubi have that much power over de development of a game, this game?

Some question suck. When they ask what you want in SoW and give you surten options. I want it all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

-HH- Beebop
03-08-2007, 01:47 PM
After page 3....."the survey has been deactivated."

knightflyte
03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Yes I noticed that too. But that makes me think that this survey is not just from Ubi. Or does Ubi have that much power over de development of a game, this game?

Some question suck. When they ask what you want in SoW and give you surten options. I want it all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Or if they gave you the option to list in order of preference. Several places they let you choose three options out of a list of seven. In other questions when there were certain things you felt were as important as other options in the question you could only choose one of the answers.

So instead of flying historically accurate missions you have the latest whiz bang graphics and engine, which would preclude the option of a good campaign. All three are important, but the way the question is presented you get only one or the other, which may cause development in a way that won't be satisfactory or be what the sim has the potential to be.

russ.nl
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
"Quote"
So instead of flying historically accurate missions you have the latest whiz bang graphics and engine, which would preclude the option of a good campaign. All three are important, but the way the question is presented you get only one or the other, which may cause development in a way that won't be satisfactory or be what the sim has the potential to be.
"quote"

Yep I didn't like that question either. Indeed it needs all three, it were 3 right?. But I had to make a choice so I went for new engine. I thought that you can always make it as realistic as possible for your self and it will be possible to make campains so. Oh well we will see. I hope Ubi publicly presents the results.

knightflyte
03-08-2007, 04:47 PM
That's how I answered to russ, but the way the questionaire narrowed down to get to that question I hope they'll realize all the options are important. I'd hate to have a beaytiful looking game with a poor campaign mode or inferior AI.

I'm hoping their definition of a new engine is all encompassing and not limieted to purty Spits and 109s.

I'm sure Oleg won't over look any aspect of the sim, but if UBI's driving the horse then the cart must follow.... if you know what I mean.

I DID like the question of a delux version. Sounds interesting.

Tater-SW-
03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
I filled it out, got my discount code, and then tried to order SH4. Coupon invalid. Typical.

Tater-SW-
03-08-2007, 06:32 PM
BTW, if you have trouble using your code, talk to customer service, they can fix you up, it just takes a while to get through to them.

PB0_shadow
03-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Or does Ubi have that much power over de development of a game, this game?

depending on the development contract; but I would guess that Ubi has indeed a big word over the development of this game, because it's a development contract and not a simple publishing one.
Then it depends on how much Oleg understands Ubi's requests

Krt_Bong
03-09-2007, 07:24 AM
And then after all those questions they take you to an ad for Blazing Angels: a console style arcade game

russ.nl
03-09-2007, 07:41 AM
This is beginning to consurn me. Ubi having power over the development of SoW.

Knightflyte said: "I'm hoping their definition of a new engine is all encompassing and not limieted to purty Spits and 109s"

When I read this at first I thought you don't have to worry about that. Oleg is making a new phisics engine in wich you could fly any plane realisticly. For one reason that is I think why we get the sukhoi 26. And ofcourse for the stunt squads. What better way to show of your flight engine then with stuntplanes and the beatifull movies people make with them. And it is free.

But if Ubi has power over the development of SoW I'm not so shore anymore.

knightflyte
03-10-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm still hopeful. I may not have the greatest love for UBI, and sometimes the things they do puzzle me, but we have had an aweful lot of support for IL2 over the years. How many patches? Included in the patches were pre versions of the BoB flight model.

For all we know they could be trying to find the best way to market the game and not how they can steer the developement.

As I've said on previous occassions: this game's been in developement since late 2003. (we even used to get Friday updates) I think the crew are far enough along in the process that UBI won't interfere.

I'll keep a positive attitude.

VMF-214_HaVoK
03-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I fear at times SoW will see the same fate as many new titles do. So concerned with latest and greatest graphics while the actual game play suffers. Happens all the time as of late.

VMF-214_HaVoK
03-10-2007, 05:24 PM
If UBI interferes with the development of SoW in anyway IL-2 will live strong much longer then many think. I hope this is not the case but UBI has done it before...the Rainbow Six series comes to mind when they closed down Redstorm and ruined a great franchise title. UBI always like to add console flavor to most of their pc titles, but what the idiots do not realize it would seem is that Windows is the worlds most popular game platform!