PDA

View Full Version : Hi IL2 community

Keff2009
03-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Hello to the community, came across this game IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, it was in a box of bric a brac i bought from a house sale (3.00), so thought i'd look it up, anyhow i intend to try my hand at it see what its all about.

Been playing MSFS2004, had loads of fun with that so hope to have same or even more fun with this.

Have skimmed through nuggets guide so going to try bits and pieces, have also downloaded the program Hyperlobby, and patched game to 4.09 i think it was (is that all i need), sorry i'll read more of the nuggets stuff

So without further ado, i bid you farewell for now as ive got some learning to do.

danjama
03-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Hello mate, ive said it before and ill say it again ,its nice to be getting new players after so long!

IL2 is the bees knees in the ww2 combat world. You sound like your pretty smart.

Now i just recommend getting the 408-409 version switcher, because several servers use different versions of the game and its nice to be able to switch back and forth easily.

Choctaw111
03-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Welcome.
If you have been flying the MSFS series, you will really enjoy Il2, even more so that you have a copy of '46.
It is a learning curve, but it is so much fun. Especially when you know where all of your controls are mapped.
Have a great time with this, and don't hesitate to come in here and ask questions if you have them.

rnzoli
03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Welcome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Been playing MSFS2004, had loads of fun with that so hope to have same or even more fun with this.

Be prepared for a lot of significant differences here from MSFS such as
- no clickable cockpits (no time to point mouse during combat)
- visual modeling is different (no photorealistic scenery due to low level flights)
- stalls and spins are a big danger here (although only scripted, not modelled).

And of course the adrenalin level is much higher, and in online, the interaction is much more intense.

But it's great fun. I came from the civilian sim direction also, and I don't regret it.

Bearcat99
03-20-2009, 04:35 AM
Welcome aboard Keff.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

This sim can be a lot of fun... I have been flying in it for 7 years now... which is amazing.. I havent even kep the same OS for 7 years.... LOL.. When I started this stuff I was on W98.

jamesblonde1979
03-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Keff2009:

You most certainly will mate.

Enjoy!

Keff2009
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Thank you for that guys.
Is it better to join a squadron asap, and learn through that. If so ill be checking out the squadron pages, ive still not done much (so would be a complete starter so to say) as real life has had to take all my time up.
Better to get real life out of the way first eh.

Bearcat99
03-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Id say either go through the basics of The Nugget's Guide, join Joint Ops or both.. and thewn just go to Hyperlobby and hang out. Make sure you DL Teamspeak so that if you are flyihng with folks you can get on comms and just hang. Then if you find a group that fits... ask to join. Unless you are a real jerk (meaning you in general.. not you specifically) most squads will welcome you.. but it is IMO good to hang out and get a feel for what you are dealing with when it comes to squads.