PDA

View Full Version : Wicked game, please don't do a Bungie and ruin it



wepeel
11-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Just thought I'd say thanks for a really cool game, coming from a long-time fan of the PoP series. I deliberately stayed away from forums and trailers hoping not to build up a lot of expectations and preconceptions, and it seems to have worked.

Honestly, I find the level of immersion incredible. I can ride around just for kicks, sit on top of a tower and watch, or take an hour to prepare for the final step of a kill. When I play, I really feel like I am Altair, putting me right in there the way a really good game is supposed to.

So, here's hoping this IP will indeed take off into several sequels -- and pretty sweet please, do not start messing with a multiplayer mode. Do not go the Halo way of butchering and shortening what started out as an awesome single player campaign in favour of dull multiplayer matches with the ocean of idiots that is X-box Live.

Spend all the resources and all the disc space on making kickass single player campaigns, fleshing them out and improving them.

me-gud-u-bad
11-28-2007, 12:41 AM
so your saying because i have xbox live i am an idiot?

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 12:50 AM
I don't have X-Box live and I feel like the idiot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I can' afford it, It just DOESNT WORK!

Oh well....



But i agree that AC should never have multiplayer... Well maybe... But just co-op...

wepeel
11-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by me-gud-u-bad:
so your saying because i have xbox live i am an idiot?

Nah, nothing personal. To rephrase, there's a lot of less savoury people using it, who I don't have any desire to play with or against, but who always seem to frequently pop up in any kind of randomized game matching.

My main point about avoiding multiplayer isn't that I'd have to suffer 12-year olds squealing "in your face *****!11" at me over Live though, it's that it more often than not wrecks or limits the game's single player portion.

Royal.Mist
11-28-2007, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by wepeel:
Just thought I'd say thanks for a really cool game, coming from a long-time fan of the PoP series. I deliberately stayed away from forums and trailers hoping not to build up a lot of expectations and preconceptions, and it seems to have worked.

Honestly, I find the level of immersion incredible. I can ride around just for kicks, sit on top of a tower and watch, or take an hour to prepare for the final step of a kill. When I play, I really feel like I am Altair, putting me right in there the way a really good game is supposed to.

So, here's hoping this IP will indeed take off into several sequels -- and pretty sweet please, do not start messing with a multiplayer mode. Do not go the Halo way of butchering and shortening what started out as an awesome single player campaign in favour of dull multiplayer matches with the ocean of idiots that is X-box Live.

Spend all the resources and all the disc space on making kickass single player campaigns, fleshing them out and improving them.

Your claim that his game is good is quite extraordinary. Do you have extraordinary evidence other than your own opinion to prove it doesn't belong in the budget bin? Kthx.

Stillzero
11-28-2007, 03:18 AM
The first Halo had a multiplayer aswell, so your post doesn't make any sence.

Other then that it's just opinion based.

MiniAssasin
11-28-2007, 03:35 AM
i agree with him

online ruins most games. too many idiots in the world for it to be fun

wepeel
11-28-2007, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Stillzero:
The first Halo had a multiplayer aswell, so your post doesn't make any sence.

Other then that it's just opinion based.

It did, but the multiplayer part of Halo 1 was bare bones and clearly secondary. In the sequels it ballooned out and basically took over the game. This came at the expense of the single player campaign, which, being what made the game popular in the first place, ended up getting shorter and shorter.

I'm not exactly worried AC will go that far as it's not a shooter, but I still don't want the developers to lose focus of what makes this game great. In my opinion, obviously.

pillaysteven
11-28-2007, 04:31 AM
I agree. Not about Halo, I just plain don't like those games, single player or multiplayer. But I do agree that IPs that are created to be single player, should not branch out and include multiplayer options apart from co-op and even then only if it doesn't come at the expense of the single player whatsoever.

Same about Uncharted. Though now when I think of it Subsistence multiplayer was pretty good and MGS Online will prob be great. But still if it comes at the expense of the single player it should not be done.

GuStick93
11-28-2007, 04:54 AM
agree with you,iv been playing online for a long time,even though the multiplayer can be great,alot of the time its ruined by either hackers/glitchers/idiots/whiny kids.

Thats when i decided that when i want to play online,gears of war halo 3 any game,il just play with a group of friends,and we end up having lots of fun