PDA

View Full Version : this is actually from brotherhood

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 02:34 PM
My question is and i know its very old and i know u guys answered it before but i really dont know it yet till now and cuz i just joined the forum ,more important my question is why did Juno control desmond to kill lucy i mean what good can come of it,she is an assassin just like the rest. and thx for answering plus reading .

goclo822
11-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by An1Stark:
My question is and i know its very old and i know u guys answered it before but i really dont know it yet till now and cuz i just joined the forum ,more important my question is why did Juno control desmond to kill lucy i mean what good can come of it,she is an assassin just like the rest. and thx for answering plus reading .
No one knows. They haven't really explained it yet. Everyone is just waiting and hoping for that answer in AC3.

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Juno doesnt care if she was an Assassin or not, Juno has a grand plan, and she is working on it. this grand plan only involves Desmond.Juno had Desmond kill Lucy to get him to fall into Coma via shock, and she didnt want to risk the union between Desmond and Lucy, because it wasnt part of the plan, so she removed lucy entirely from the equation. So she hit 2 birds with one stone; make Desmond fall into Coma by killing Lucy .

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 02:40 PM
its funny to think about it i actually remember one of the developers say that AC revelations will answer all of your questions xD

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Juno doesnt care if she was an Assassin or not, Juno has a grand plan, and she is working on it. this grand plan only involves Desmond.Juno had Desmond kill Lucy to get him to fall into Coma via shock, and she didnt want to risk the union between Desmond and Lucy, because it wasnt part of the plan, so she removed lucy entirely from the equation. So she hit 2 birds with one stone; make Desmond fall into Coma by killing Lucy . you really think so man i thought they took her out cuz maybe they would fall in love and that maybe will risk everything

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 02:44 PM
its funny to think about it i actually remember one of the developers say that AC revelations will answer all of your questions xD
the devs didnt say that..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Juno doesnt care if she was an Assassin or not, Juno has a grand plan, and she is working on it. this grand plan only involves Desmond.Juno had Desmond kill Lucy to get him to fall into Coma via shock, and she didnt want to risk the union between Desmond and Lucy, because it wasnt part of the plan, so she removed lucy entirely from the equation. So she hit 2 birds with one stone; make Desmond fall into Coma by killing Lucy . you really think so man i thought they took her out cuz maybe they would fall in love and that maybe will risk everything </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Uhhh hello ? thats what I said..
Taking out lucy was partly due to TWCB not wanting them to fall in love..

Serrachio
11-27-2011, 02:46 PM
What I'm now kinda sure about after playing Revelations is that Juno made Desmond go into the coma so that he could find the Sync Nexus and Jupiter.

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
What I'm now kinda sure about after playing Revelations is that Juno made Desmond go into the coma so that he could find the Sync Nexus and Jupiter. i dont think sooo dude juno just wanted lucy out thats it and it was a chance that desmond was in a coma and actually worked out will for him LOL

twenty_glyphs
11-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Juno doesnt care if she was an Assassin or not, Juno has a grand plan, and she is working on it. this grand plan only involves Desmond.Juno had Desmond kill Lucy to get him to fall into Coma via shock, and she didnt want to risk the union between Desmond and Lucy, because it wasnt part of the plan, so she removed lucy entirely from the equation. So she hit 2 birds with one stone; make Desmond fall into Coma by killing Lucy .

This is all still conjecture. None of this was said or really even hinted at in the games. If only Desmond is involved, why do Shaun and Rebecca get to live? The only thing we have to go on is Juno said "You know very little. We must guide you." The story has never even come close at hinting why Lucy would get in the way of any plan. All that you've said is just what people are guessing at the moment and the story has not given us any answers.

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by An1Stark:
the devs didnt say that..

they did say that man i watched god knows how many vids about ac R even before it was out i know what im talking and i not saying like they mess up hello its the only best game ever i was just wondering thats all

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

This is all still conjecture. None of this was said or really even hinted at in the games. If only Desmond is involved, why do Shaun and Rebecca get to live? The only thing we have to go on is Juno said "You know very little. We must guide you." The story has never even come close at hinting why Lucy would get in the way of any plan. All that you've said is just what people are guessing at the moment and the story has not given us any answers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Juno says, "only one will accompany you through the journey, she lies not within our sight" and "only she remains to be found" The plan did not involve Lucy, her words are proof that she didnt want to risk a union between the 2, but at the same time she wanted desmond to go into a coma, so she makes him kill Lucy to fall into a coma.
By killing Lucy, the risk of their union is removed and desmond goes into a Coma to find the Sync nexus and jupiter..

S-EVANS
11-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by An1Stark:they did say that man i watched god knows how many vids about ac R even before it was out i know what im talking and i not saying like they mess up hello its the only best game ever i was just wondering thats all

Things like that kinda information change all the time, theres only one true way of staying on top of it. The official word is always the gosspil one, and the last official statement with regards to this matter after a brief look is...

03/11/2011Assassin's Creed

Revelations: 'Desmond's story will continue'
Ubisoft Montreal on continuing beyond EzioAssassin's Creed Revelations is not the end, nor the beginning of the end, just the end of the beginning, to borrow a phrase from Winston Churchill.

As the first two parts of the series hurtle to an epic conclusion and we see Ezio and Altair's stories all wrapped up, we're finally set to bid a fond and slightly teary farewell to two of the most iconic characters in recent gaming years.

Source (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-GB/news/index.aspx?c=tcm:21-32437&ct=tcm:6-231-32)

twenty_glyphs
11-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Juno says, "only one will accompany you through the journey, she lies not within our sight" and "only she remains to be found" The plan did not involve Lucy, her words are proof that she didnt want to risk a union between the 2, but at the same time she wanted desmond to go into a coma, so she makes him kill Lucy to fall into a coma.
By killing Lucy, the risk of their union is removed and desmond goes into a Coma to find the Sync nexus and jupiter..

When does Juno say, "We can't risk you falling in love with Lucy"? Her words are not proof that she doesn't want Lucy with Desmond, only that a "she" needs to be found and accompany Desmond through the gate. We still only have our own speculation to go on. Why should we assume that Desmond would be distracted by Lucy when the story never told us this? It never really even hinted at that. It's not a bad assumption, but the story has not given us an actual answer. Desmond had not been distracted by Lucy up to that point in the story, and there had been barely any interaction between them beyond mild playful flirting.

And the coma was never completely explained. Subject 16 says that Desmond's problem is too many ancestors' memories floating around his head. He makes it sound like the coma is all the result of the Bleeding Effect, and his solution comes from that assumption. There is never any indication that the coma is from Juno and the Apple within the story itself. You may be satisfied with the assumptions that you're making, but a lot of people are not happy because the story has not answered these questions and barely even revisited these mysterious events.

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 03:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

This is all still conjecture. None of this was said or really even hinted at in the games. If only Desmond is involved, why do Shaun and Rebecca get to live? The only thing we have to go on is Juno said "You know very little. We must guide you." The story has never even come close at hinting why Lucy would get in the way of any plan. All that you've said is just what people are guessing at the moment and the story has not given us any answers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
By killing Lucy, the risk of their union is removed and desmond goes into a Coma to find the Sync nexus and jupiter.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> thats it man right their all i wanted,but hey i think i know who is she "that remains to be found" if you remember in brotherhood subect 16 puzzles at the end when u meet him and he says"she is in eden you must find her , find eve she is in eden , her DNA is the key" and i think what she meant about eve is that desmond ancestors adam right and desmond must find the girl that eve's is her ancestor and take her DNA so he can save everybody and its also part in saving the world and dont forget the grand temple and the place that they have all die in the cut-scene if u remember the women and the baby damit sooo many questions yet we hold a few answer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 03:15 PM

When does Juno say, "We can't risk you falling in love with Lucy"? Her words are not proof that she doesn't want Lucy with Desmond, only that a "she" needs to be found and accompany Desmond through the gate. We still only have our own speculation to go on. Why should we assume that Desmond would be distracted by Lucy when the story never told us this? It never really even hinted at that. It's not a bad assumption, but the story has not given us an actual answer. Desmond had not been distracted by Lucy up to that point in the story, and there had been barely any interaction between them beyond mild playful flirting.

And the coma was never completely explained. Subject 16 says that Desmond's problem is too many ancestors' memories floating around his head. He makes it sound like the coma is all the result of the Bleeding Effect, and his solution comes from that assumption. There is never any indication that the coma is from Juno and the Apple within the story itself. You may be satisfied with the assumptions that you're making, but a lot of people are not happy because the story has not answered these questions and barely even revisited these mysterious events. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
K Boss, whatever you say, but when that "Mystery" is answered I`ll come back here and be childish and say "In YAW FACE !!"

I remember saying that Altair and maria would end up together, and everyone thought I was an idiot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

S-EVANS
11-27-2011, 03:16 PM
And the coma was never completely explained. Subject 16 says that Desmond's problem is too many ancestors' memories floating around his head. He makes it sound like the coma is all the result of the Bleeding Effect, and his solution comes from that assumption. There is never any indication that the coma is from Juno and the Apple within the story itself. You may be satisfied with the assumptions that you're making, but a lot of people are not happy because the story has not answered these questions and barely even revisited these mysterious events.

100% FACT - I share the same reasoning myself too

raven11d
11-27-2011, 03:18 PM
i think assassin m must have looked into the secrets of the apple and the apple ůust have revealed it to him

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An1Stark:they did say that man i watched god knows how many vids about ac R even before it was out i know what im talking and i not saying like they mess up hello its the only best game ever i was just wondering thats all

Things like that kinda information change all the time, theres only one true way of staying on top of it. The official word is always the gosspil one, and the last official statement with regards to this matter after a brief look is...

03/11/2011Assassin's Creed

Revelations: 'Desmond's story will continue'
Ubisoft Montreal on continuing beyond EzioAssassin's Creed Revelations is not the end, nor the beginning of the end, just the end of the beginning, to borrow a phrase from Winston Churchill.

As the first two parts of the series hurtle to an epic conclusion and we see Ezio and Altair's stories all wrapped up, we're finally set to bid a fond and slightly teary farewell to two of the most iconic characters in recent gaming years.

Source (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-GB/news/index.aspx?c=tcm:21-32437&ct=tcm:6-231-32) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Ya man really sad that they are not going to come back againhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif really bumped about it

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by raven11d:
i think assassin m must have looked into the secrets of the apple and the apple ůust have revealed it to him

*YAWN*............................................ ...... Oh, I was supposed to laugh ?

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 03:22 PM

And the coma was never completely explained. Subject 16 says that Desmond's problem is too many ancestors' memories floating around his head. He makes it sound like the coma is all the result of the Bleeding Effect, and his solution comes from that assumption. There is never any indication that the coma is from Juno and the Apple within the story itself. You may be satisfied with the assumptions that you're making, but a lot of people are not happy because the story has not answered these questions and barely even revisited these mysterious events. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ya man ur right im not satisfied they didnt give us much to go on lol

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Maybe you just expected too much ?
basing your expectation on no valid fact ?
and then blaming Revelations for something it never said it was..

raven11d
11-27-2011, 03:26 PM
maybe you should get of your high horse and admit the fact that your theory - how plausible it may be - is just that .. a theory

killzab
11-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Assassin M aren't you tired of defending the game to death ???

It DOES have flaws, particularly in the story and while it's still a good game, it is certainly not perfect...

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by killzab:

It DOES have flaws, particularly in the story and while it's still a good game, it is certainly not perfect...
And arent you tired of invalid complaining ?
I never said the game was perfect, you people are simply blaming the game for something it never said it was.
and My theory is based on solid facts, some of you just refuse to see the context by which it is valid and simply want something that tells you "THIS"

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killzab:

I never said the game was perfect, you people are simply blaming the game for something it never said it was.
and My theory is based on solid facts, some of you just refuse to see the context by which it is valid and simply want something that tells you "THIS" </div></BLOCKQUOTE> your theory is based on nothing dude the things you say half of them are all not true and based on the game your theory just doesnt match up right and none is blaming the game its just everybody thought "hey its the just the last game for ezio and altair we thought they will wrap up the story by now and given us more answers" and hell even with desmond a little bit

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 03:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killzab:

and My theory is based on solid facts, some of you just refuse to see the context by which it is valid and simply want something that tells you "THIS" </div></BLOCKQUOTE> your theory is based on nothing dude the things you say half of them are all not true and based on the game your theory just doesnt match up right and none is blaming the game its just everybody thought "hey its the just the last game for ezio and altair we thought they will wrap up the story by now and given us more answers" and hell even with desmond a little bit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
really ? what is "Untrue" in what I said ?

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An1Stark:

and My theory is based on solid facts, some of you just refuse to see the context by which it is valid and simply want something that tells you "THIS" </div></BLOCKQUOTE> your theory is based on nothing dude the things you say half of them are all not true and based on the game your theory just doesnt match up right and none is blaming the game its just everybody thought "hey its the just the last game for ezio and altair we thought they will wrap up the story by now and given us more answers" and hell even with desmond a little bit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
really ? what is "Untrue" in what I said ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> ok for one is the coma you said the juno was the one that putted desmond in to it but infact they didnt say anything about it at all im with twenty_glyphs in this one its because desmond had soo much memories inside of it head thats why he went in a coma to find the sync nexus and wakr the hell up

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 03:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An1Stark:

really ? what is "Untrue" in what I said ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> ok for one is the coma you said the juno was the one that putted desmond in to it but infact they didnt say anything about it at all im with twenty_glyphs in this one its because desmond had soo much memories inside of it head thats why he went in a coma to find the sync nexus and wakr the hell up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i got to turn up man need the sleep it 3 am here we will finish this tomorrow :P see ya

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 03:59 PM

really ? what is "Untrue" in what I said ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> ok for one is the coma you said the juno was the one that putted desmond in to it but infact they didnt say anything about it at all im with twenty_glyphs in this one its because desmond had soo much memories inside of it head thats why he went in a coma to find the sync nexus and wakr the hell up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
16 says "quite a shock you had out there" "your a broken man; your mind, its broken" "your lucky someone had the brains to plug you back here"

It is partly due to the bleeding effect, i wont argue with that, but he was fine and dandy right until he shanked Lucy.

zhengyingli
11-27-2011, 04:11 PM

really ? what is "Untrue" in what I said ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> ok for one is the coma you said the juno was the one that putted desmond in to it but infact they didnt say anything about it at all im with twenty_glyphs in this one its because desmond had soo much memories inside of it head thats why he went in a coma to find the sync nexus and wakr the hell up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
16 says "quite a shock you had out there" "your a broken man; your mind, its broken" "your lucky someone had the brains to plug you back here"

It is partly due to the bleeding effect, i wont argue with that, but he was fine and dandy right until he shanked Lucy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about the Desmond and Lucy falling in love thing, even though it's a sound theory, what I am sure is Juno's the reason that Desmond's in a coma. Juno told Desmond to awaken the Sixth, and awakened the Sixth he did (the glowing arm of his), at the end of Revelations. So in short, the end of Brotherhood and the end of Revelations has all of it spelled out for us. If any of you are still not convinced, spend some time looking up dev interviews/panels, and find that it's officially confirmed that Lucy's death is what tipped Desmond over the edge.

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by zhengyingli:

I don't know about the Desmond and Lucy falling in love thing, even though it's a sound theory, what I am sure is Juno's the reason that Desmond's in a coma. Juno told Desmond to awaken the Sixth, and awakened the Sixth he did (the glowing arm of his), at the end of Revelations. So in short, the end of Brotherhood and the end of Revelations has all of it spelled out for us. If any of you are still not convinced, spend some time looking up dev interviews/panels, and find that it's officially confirmed that Lucy's death is what tipped Desmond over the edge.
YOU HAVE MADE SENSE !!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif THANK YOU !!

raven11d
11-27-2011, 04:23 PM

that there is exactly why ppl need INGAME closure/fact cause i've played the 4 AC games and never did a dev pop up in one of them to tell me yes, Desmond went into a coma bc he killed Lucy

from what i know from the games there were a lot of possibilities

1. due to too much time spent in the animus. it did the trick for subject 16
2. bc desmond was using the apple. using the apple was not so healthy for Ezio in the final sequences from brotherhood and Abbas wasn't feeling all dandy either.

just to point out a few obvious possibilties.

and yes, i collected all flags, feathers, codex pages and what not i all 4 games .. still no dev pop up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

zhengyingli
11-27-2011, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zhengyingli:

that there is exactly why ppl need INGAME closure/fact cause i've played the 4 AC games and never did a dev pop up in one of them to tell me yes, Desmond went into a coma bc he killed Lucy

2. bc desmond was using the apple. using the apple was not so healthy for Ezio in the final sequences from brotherhood and Abbas wasn't feeling all dandy either.

and yes, i collected all flags, feathers, codex pages and what not i all 4 games .. still no dev pop up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juno asks Desmond to awaken the Sixth-->Desmond fell into a coma after killing Lucy-->Desmond awakened the Sixth in his coma.

Forget the fact that the devs confirmed it(which I didn't know until last night), regardless of the actual reason that caused Desmond's coma, as that can be up for debate, Juno knew what the consequences were. It's totally legit to ask the questions you have asked, however when looking at the grand scheme of things, Lucy's death served as the means for Juno to awaken Desmond's Sixth.

Though I don't blame people for craving the specifics, which I do myself, but people seem to ignore the bare-bones flow chart that the game put out. "Why did Lucy die?" That question's redundant as it has been answered in Revelations; Lucy's death is responsible for awakening the Sixth so Desmond can save the cheerleader, save the world.

I tried explaining solely with the info provided by the games to the best of my abilities, no devs talks required.

S-EVANS
11-27-2011, 05:20 PM
First of all lucys fait has not been made clear ingame or by developers her status is currently unknown..

Also a person on the development team has clearly and publically spoken out in a interview whilst answer a direct question, saying...

Did the gravity of his attack on Lucy just overwhelm him? Unfortunately, the situation can’t be explained away so easily. “That was the shock that shattered him. But it was a long time coming,” says McDevitt. “Just like what happened with Subject 16 and subjects beforehand, prolonged exposure to the Animus and reliving these fragmented memories really does a number on your head. You begin to develop something like multiple personality disorder, and you slowly go crazy.

the developers can change anything at any given time so whilst i can sit here and use books and everything at my disposal to arrive at an outcome

only a gods given fool would preach it, beyond what is gosspil and the gosspil facts are nothing more than what the game provides... not interviews or heresay. even a member of the team clearly states in an interview with regards to desmond attacking lucy - it cant explained away so easy...

NONE OF US - know the storyline for the next game and the developers sure as beans arent going to tell us or anyone, whilst the thoery is present and is to a degree substantial is still a thoery until it becomes gosspil...

the interview ended with this comment

McDevitt simply says, “Our goal is to leave you with more answers than questions.”

so if its ok with some people on this forum who seem to think they know it all, i will wait for the gosspil word

raven11d
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
what he ^ said

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 11:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zhengyingli:

and yes, i collected all flags, feathers, codex pages and what not i all 4 games .. still no dev pop up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> THANK YOU http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif NOW THAT MAKE SENSE you took the words right out of my mind bro

An1Stark
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raven11d:

and yes, i collected all flags, feathers, codex pages and what not i all 4 games .. still no dev pop up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juno asks Desmond to awaken the Sixth-->Desmond fell into a coma after killing Lucy-->Desmond awakened the Sixth in his coma.

Forget the fact that the devs confirmed it(which I didn't know until last night), regardless of the actual reason that caused Desmond's coma, as that can be up for debate, Juno knew what the consequences were. It's totally legit to ask the questions you have asked, however when looking at the grand scheme of things, Lucy's death served as the means for Juno to awaken Desmond's Sixth.

Though I don't blame people for craving the specifics, which I do myself, but people seem to ignore the bare-bones flow chart that the game put out. "Why did Lucy die?" That question's redundant as it has been answered in Revelations; Lucy's death is responsible for awakening the Sixth so Desmond can save the cheerleader, save the world.

I tried explaining solely with the info provided by the games to the best of my abilities, no devs talks required. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> no man lucy's death is a different story which is juno had to kill lucy's through desmond so that she dont risk not having desmond union with "she still must be found" which i have said it before is the girl who the ancestor of eve and desmond ancestor is adam like 16 said in the last brotherhood puzzle "you must find her ....in eden , find eve, her DNA is the Key"

An1Stark
11-28-2011, 12:00 AM
First of all lucys fait has not been made clear ingame or by developers her status is currently unknown..

Also a person on the development team has clearly and publically spoken out in a interview whilst answer a direct question, saying...

Did the gravity of his attack on Lucy just overwhelm him? Unfortunately, the situation can’t be explained away so easily. “That was the shock that shattered him. But it was a long time coming,” says McDevitt. “Just like what happened with Subject 16 and subjects beforehand, prolonged exposure to the Animus and reliving these fragmented memories really does a number on your head. You begin to develop something like multiple personality disorder, and you slowly go crazy.

the developers can change anything at any given time so whilst i can sit here and use books and everything at my disposal to arrive at an outcome

only a gods given fool would preach it, beyond what is gosspil and the gosspil facts are nothing more than what the game provides... not interviews or heresay. even a member of the team clearly states in an interview with regards to desmond attacking lucy - it cant explained away so easy...

NONE OF US - know the storyline for the next game and the developers sure as beans arent going to tell us or anyone, whilst the thoery is present and is to a degree substantial is still a thoery until it becomes gosspil...

the interview ended with this comment

McDevitt simply says, “Our goal is to leave you with more answers than questions.”

so if its ok with some people on this forum who seem to think they know it all, i will wait for the gosspil word just i got a thing for the beginning of your speech , ya told us about lucy's faith they said it in the game shuan told rebacca that they have buried lucy is Italy just that .

twenty_glyphs
11-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Developer interviews are not part of the game's canon story, and are hard to document and pull reliable info from 6 months later. If a story detail is important, it better be presented in the game's story and not stated by a developer in an interview promoting the game. I don't want the game to hold my hand on every detail of the story, but I want something concrete to go on, and Revelations certainly did not give that to me. We're still not even sure that Desmond awakened the Sixth Sense at the end of Revelations. Perhaps he did, but Juno never said the Sixth Sense involved having glowing lines and glyphs on your arms and hands. Jupiter, Juno and Minerva all had the Sixth Sense and we've never seen any of them with the glowing lines that Desmond had, so we still can't be sure what exactly he unlocked, other than Jupiter's words in his hands.

And there is evidence that Desmond was not fine leading up to activating the Apple. He had a Bleeding Effect-induced dream in AC2, as well as a couple of other visions in the warehouse. Emails in Brotherhood have Rebecca asking Lucy if she's heard Desmond screaming in his sleep and Lucy saying she hates doing this to him. Even Desmond finding the artifacts in Monterrigioni suggests that they are a hallucination of some kind. Sadly, Revelations didn't expand on any of this.

It's pretty obvious they have the story for AC3 mapped out, and it's likely very epic. I imagine there are answers to lots of questions about the First Civilization, Desmond's state of mind, Subject 16's discovery, what's going on with Lucy, Abstergo's plans, and the like. It just seems like the Revelations team wasn't allowed to touch any of this stuff, so had to just tread water with the story without ruining the outline of the existing AC3 story. It's a shame they couldn't have at least dropped a few hints and clues about some of these topics. It didn't even leave us with new questions, it left us with many of the same questions, which is much worse in my opinion.

S-EVANS
11-28-2011, 02:39 AM
just i got a thing for the beginning of your speech , ya told us about lucy's faith they said it in the game shuan told rebacca that they have buried lucy is Italy just that .

Well i musta missed this bit, however i started playing from the beginning again last night, so i will keep an extra hear to the ground this time around...

burtie80
11-28-2011, 03:39 AM
I just think its a real shame that Juno didn't force Desmond to kill Shaun and Rebecca while he was at it...they must be the most two annoying characters in AC!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LightRey
11-28-2011, 03:46 AM
Developer interviews are not part of the game's canon story, and are hard to document and pull reliable info from 6 months later. If a story detail is important, it better be presented in the game's story and not stated by a developer in an interview promoting the game. I don't want the game to hold my hand on every detail of the story, but I want something concrete to go on, and Revelations certainly did not give that to me. We're still not even sure that Desmond awakened the Sixth Sense at the end of Revelations. Perhaps he did, but Juno never said the Sixth Sense involved having glowing lines and glyphs on your arms and hands. Jupiter, Juno and Minerva all had the Sixth Sense and we've never seen any of them with the glowing lines that Desmond had, so we still can't be sure what exactly he unlocked, other than Jupiter's words in his hands.

And there is evidence that Desmond was not fine leading up to activating the Apple. He had a Bleeding Effect-induced dream in AC2, as well as a couple of other visions in the warehouse. Emails in Brotherhood have Rebecca asking Lucy if she's heard Desmond screaming in his sleep and Lucy saying she hates doing this to him. Even Desmond finding the artifacts in Monterrigioni suggests that they are a hallucination of some kind. Sadly, Revelations didn't expand on any of this.

It's pretty obvious they have the story for AC3 mapped out, and it's likely very epic. I imagine there are answers to lots of questions about the First Civilization, Desmond's state of mind, Subject 16's discovery, what's going on with Lucy, Abstergo's plans, and the like. It just seems like the Revelations team wasn't allowed to touch any of this stuff, so had to just tread water with the story without ruining the outline of the existing AC3 story. It's a shame they couldn't have at least dropped a few hints and clues about some of these topics. It didn't even leave us with new questions, it left us with many of the same questions, which is much worse in my opinion.
I agree with the first part.

I really do not agree with the second part. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
Those "suggestions" you speak of are mostly symbolic plot elements or just you over thinking things. We really need to let the idea that Desmond has been in some kind of illusion all along go. It's getting old and it's neither the kind of direction AC would take, nor does it have any solid evidence supporting it.

I sorta agree with the last part.

S-EVANS
11-28-2011, 04:01 AM
The problem with developer diarys, etc is its kinda like reading whats going to happen in your favourite TV program...

you will be granted brief explanations as to what is likely to happen and thus form a substanial viewpoint on top of what your granted within the game itself....

the problem is when people dont allow others to explore the content for themselfs who only take the facts into consideration, and theres nothing to stop a storyline slighty changing from a devs interview to the release of the finished game.

In much the same way that theres a problem created when people flat out preach what they have heard, seen, discovered in such a manner it becomes offensive because they choose to search for things beyond what was provided.

people need to understand things for themselves we all learn in different ways, but how we arrive at a conclusion is not and should never be forced upon them because they dont yet understand or know something.

Whilst im quite new to this forum, its very clear to me that a lot of people dont speak what they want to because the moment they make that choice theres a select few that bombard everything they say as inferior instead of trying to guide them in the right direction.

they quite literally spell it out in a rather disturbing manner, and because they have studying the subject beyond those they tread on wipe them off their shoe in the same manner they try and dictate they conclusions.

Im all for hearing peoples viewpoints in fact i feed on them, but i also have my own and i do try to at least control my wording and avoid a direct confliction with other peoples thoughts.

for those who dont explore beyond what the game provides some viewpoints are merely speculation, whilst for those like myself who search for additional information risk becoming seen by the others as the enemy.

in my quest i have read notes about what development staff have said and as such some have answered questions i required answers for and others have granted access to information which now leads to different questions.

i for one in this thread more than any others relized theres a group of people that if you dont agree despite the fact you dont understand will stamp on you and seek to crush your views

this should not happen in any situation!!!

An1Stark
11-28-2011, 04:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just i got a thing for the beginning of your speech , ya told us about lucy's faith they said it in the game shuan told rebacca that they have buried lucy is Italy just that .

Well i musta missed this bit, however i started playing from the beginning again last night, so i will keep an extra hear to the ground this time around... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> yuuup

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 05:26 AM
the way i see it is since desmond is the prophet he must be the last human with his kind of genetic history, if he had a kid with anyone then that child would be able to keep passing that DNA on in the future and the TWCB would have to keep guiding those people before they could re-build and own the planet again, if that makes sense. either that or lucy is secretly a templar and would've abused the power of the apple as desmond "knows very little"

LightRey
11-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Schmagelborfer:
the way i see it is since desmond is the prophet he must be the last human with his kind of genetic history, if he had a kid with anyone then that child would be able to keep passing that DNA on in the future and the TWCB would have to keep guiding those people before they could re-build and own the planet again, if that makes sense. either that or lucy is secretly a templar and would've abused the power of the apple as desmond "knows very little"
First of all. TWCB are don't seem interested in rebuilding their society. They regretted making hybrids in the first place and the plans they have have been in the making since before the disaster.
Second, that's not how DNA works. If Desmond has, say (and this is a huge overestimation, but it's easy to calculate with) 20% TWCB DNA, and he has a kid with someone with 10% TWCB DNA, then his child will most likely have about 15% TWCB DNA and that is assuming that there is no overlap between Desmond and his spouse, which is very unlikely. This means that if he does have a kid, there is a very high chance that he'll not pass down all of his TWCB DNA and the more generations we look at the more deterioration we see. There is basically a chance of 0% that he'll be able to have some descendant down the line that will be identical to TWCB.

And Lucy wasn't a Templar. Really. It makes no sense. There is absolutely no good reason to assume she was a Templar.

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schmagelborfer:
First of all. TWCB are don't seem interested in rebuilding their society. They regretted making hybrids in the first place and the plans they have have been in the making since before the disaster.
Second, that's not how DNA works. If Desmond has, say (and this is a huge overestimation, but it's easy to calculate with) 20% TWCB DNA, and he has a kid with someone with 10% TWCB DNA, then his child will most likely have about 15% TWCB DNA and that is assuming that there is no overlap between Desmond and his spouse, which is very unlikely. This means that if he does have a kid, there is a very high chance that he'll not pass down all of his TWCB DNA and the more generations we look at the more deterioration we see. There is basically a chance of 0% that he'll be able to have some descendant down the line that will be identical to TWCB.

And Lucy wasn't a Templar. Really. It makes no sense. There is absolutely no good reason to assume she was a Templar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> well i'm no geneticist so excuse me for having a thought. if they don't want to rebuild then what are they doing? trying to prevent it from happening again? most likely prevention i think, but now the modern assassins have the apple and "know what to do" so how can there be more AC games at all where you go through history in the animus by ancestral memories? or will AC3 be desmond in masyaf ending it all with no cool history aspect?

S-EVANS
11-28-2011, 06:22 AM
good point about the future games, unless the assassins order starts using aminus to track down every single piece of eden, not sure how they would tie that to desmond however....?

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 06:27 AM
good point about the future games, unless the assassins order starts using aminus to track down every single piece of eden, not sure how they would tie that to desmond however....? at the end with all the vault locations being shown by jupiter on the earth, one seemed brighter than the rest to me and it was in the south china sea area, so maybe there will be the history aspect in india or china. i'm thinkin india because it's about time we climbed the taj mahal, right?

S-EVANS
11-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Westminister Abbey, parliment buildings & Big Ben would be among my wishlist...

Probably why i liked Acre so much, very similiar!!

LightRey
11-28-2011, 06:39 AM
well i'm no geneticist so excuse me for having a thought. if they don't want to rebuild then what are they doing? trying to prevent it from happening again? most likely prevention i think, but now the modern assassins have the apple and "know what to do" so how can there be more AC games at all where you go through history in the animus by ancestral memories? or will AC3 be desmond in masyaf ending it all with no cool history aspect?
Excuse me for criticizing your thought. Just because you have a thought doesn't mean that it's a bad thing to criticize it. Especially if you talk about subjects you don't know much about you're going to have to face the fact that it's likely you'll be wrong.

TWCB were working on a plan to save the world the first time and failed. It seems understandable and considering what they've shown and told quite likely that they simply want to preserve what is left of their society, which seems to mostly pertain to mankind.

Desmond knows "what to do", yes, but that doesn't mean he knows how to do it. Nor do we know whether what he needs to do involves going into the animus or not.

It's very ambiguous and once again there are a huge number of varying possibilities.

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schmagelborfer:
well i'm no geneticist so excuse me for having a thought. if they don't want to rebuild then what are they doing? trying to prevent it from happening again? most likely prevention i think, but now the modern assassins have the apple and "know what to do" so how can there be more AC games at all where you go through history in the animus by ancestral memories? or will AC3 be desmond in masyaf ending it all with no cool history aspect?
Excuse me for criticizing your thought. Just because you have a thought doesn't mean that it's a bad thing to criticize it. Especially if you talk about subjects you don't know much about you're going to have to face the fact that it's likely you'll be wrong.

TWCB were working on a plan to save the world the first time and failed. It seems understandable and considering what they've shown and told quite likely that they simply want to preserve what is left of their society, which seems to mostly pertain to mankind.

Desmond knows "what to do", yes, but that doesn't mean he knows how to do it. Nor do we know whether what he needs to do involves going into the animus or not.

It's very ambiguous and once again there are a huge number of varying possibilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> your excused, but this is a video game, the true laws of DNA don't apply or else desmond would have 0 old world DNA according to what you just wrote because according to him it's been thousands of years since the old world, therefore AC2 would never have happened if they really cared about how DNA actually works

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Westminister Abbey, parliment buildings & Big Ben would be among my wishlist...

Probably why i liked Acre so much, very similiar!! moscow and st. petersburg have some epic landmarks as well, i think they're pretty old too lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
11-28-2011, 06:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

It's very ambiguous and once again there are a huge number of varying possibilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> your excused, but this is a video game, the true laws of DNA don't apply or else desmond would have 0 old world DNA according to what you just wrote because according to him it's been thousands of years since the old world, therefore AC2 would never have happened if they really cared about how DNA actually works </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not true either. According to my logic the concentration of said DNA will dissipate, not disappear.

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

It's very ambiguous and once again there are a huge number of varying possibilities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> your excused, but this is a video game, the true laws of DNA don't apply or else desmond would have 0 old world DNA according to what you just wrote because according to him it's been thousands of years since the old world, therefore AC2 would never have happened if they really cared about how DNA actually works </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not true either. According to my logic the concentration of said DNA will dissipate, not disappear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>your logic and what's real are 2 different things http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
11-28-2011, 07:15 AM
your logic and what's real are 2 different things http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
haha, and you're the expert? You don't even know how genetics work. It's not a linear curve we're talking about.

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 07:26 AM
your logic and what's real are 2 different things http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
haha, and you're the expert? You don't even know how genetics works. It's not a linear curve we're talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>did i say i was? all i'm sayin is what i think's goin on in the story and well since DNA plays a part in the game i'm talking about it in speculation of the story and you have a problem with it for some reason. you write like you're cool or somethin because i don't know all about genetics like you seem to. here's what i know about genetics: your gene pool has either too much chlorine or something's wrong with the relation between your DNA and RNA

LightRey
11-28-2011, 08:04 AM
haha, and you're the expert? You don't even know how genetics works. It's not a linear curve we're talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>did i say i was? all i'm sayin is what i think's goin on in the story and well since DNA plays a part in the game i'm talking about it in speculation of the story and you have a problem with it for some reason. you write like you're cool or somethin because i don't know all about genetics like you seem to. here's what i know about genetics: your gene pool has either too much chlorine or something's wrong with the relation between your DNA and RNA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Insulting are we now? Wow, you must feel so proud to have brought a regular discussion about a theory to the brink of a flame war.

I also don't think you fully understand the role RNA plays within the human body. The only "relation" my RNA and DNA would have would be the same as with any DNA and RNA, since if that weren't the case their chemical properties would differ, which would mean they're not DNA and/or RNA anymore.

But let me explain what happens when a new set of genes is introduced and we look at the reproduction cycle:

A = Human gene set
B = TWCB gene set
H# = #th generation hybrid

Now let's make the preposterous (and technically impossible) assumption that this is an ideal situation where all human DNA is completely different from TWCB DNA.

well first you get the hybrid:
A x B --> H1 with 50% of A and 50% of B

now assuming there is no further introduction of B, we'll get the follwing:

H1 x A --> H2 with 50% to 100% of A and respectively 0% to 50% of B.

Now as you can see here it's unsure what the genes of the descendant will be like, since there is a slight chance that exactly the TWCB half of H1's genes will be passed down to H2. However, the chance that exactly the other half will be passed down is equal. This is called a binomial chance distribution and when doing calculations with it one generally uses the mean value (also known as the expectation value) and the standard deviation, but we'll ignore that one, since that's simply a measurement of the uncertainty and we'll simply be assuming that the expectation value is the one that we'll get).

Now E(H2) (expectation value of H2) will be the following: 75% A and 25% B

next generation:
E(H2) x A --> H3 of which E(H3) = 87.5% A 12.5% B

Now as you can see this is a curve that basically follows the function B(n) = 0.5^n, with n being the nth generation of H.

Now considering the fact that there is a finite amount of genes in our DNA, this function would normally reach 0. However, we have not taken in account the fact that people can have more than one child and there could very well have been several hybrids at the beginning.

Now the problem is the following. The only real way to get a TWCB child from a pair of nth generation, or even an nth and a mth generation hybrid, both need to have at least 50% of the DNA that is different in humans and TWCB (to which the same rules apply as the simplified situation I gave before, so don't worry about that) and both need to pass down said genes. Now, assuming that said genes are spread over all chromosomes (which is extremely probable), the chance that, if these 2 hybrids even existed, they got a child that was a full fledged TWCB is the same as 2 humans having 2 genetically identical children that are not twins.

Do you see my point now?

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 08:12 AM
haha, and you're the expert? You don't even know how genetics works. It's not a linear curve we're talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>did i say i was? all i'm sayin is what i think's goin on in the story and well since DNA plays a part in the game i'm talking about it in speculation of the story and you have a problem with it for some reason. you write like you're cool or somethin because i don't know all about genetics like you seem to. here's what i know about genetics: your gene pool has either too much chlorine or something's wrong with the relation between your DNA and RNA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Insulting are we now? Wow, you must feel so proud to have brought a regular discussion about a theory to the brink of a flame war.

I also don't think you fully understand the role RNA plays within the human body. The only "relation" my RNA and DNA would have would be the same as with any DNA and RNA, since if that weren't the case their chemical properties would differ, which would mean they're not DNA and/or RNA anymore.

But let me explain what happens when a new set of genes is introduced and we look at the reproduction cycle:

A = Human gene set
B = TWCB gene set
H# = #th generation hybrid

Now let's make the preposterous (and technically impossible) assumption that this is an ideal situation where all human DNA is completely different from TWCB DNA.

well first you get the hybrid:
A x B --> H1 with 50% of A and 50% of B

now assuming there is no further introduction of B, we'll get the follwing:

H1 x A --> H2 with 50% to 100% of A and respectively 0% to 50% of B.

Now as you can see here it's unsure what the genes of the descendant will be like, since there is a slight chance that exactly the TWCB half of H1's genes will be passed down to H2. However, the chance that exactly the other half will be passed down is equal. This is called a binomial chance distribution and when doing calculations with it one generally uses the mean value (also known as the expectation value) and the standard deviation, but we'll ignore that one, since that's simply a measurement of the uncertainty and we'll simply be assuming that the expectation value is the one that we'll get).

Now E(H2) (expectation value of H2) will be the following: 75% A and 25% B

next generation:
E(H2) x A --> H3 of which E(H3) = 87.5% A 12.5% B

Now as you can see this is a curve that basically follows the function B(n) = 0.5^n, with n being the nth generation of H.

Now considering the fact that there is a finite amount of genes in our DNA, this function would normally reach 0. However, we have not taken in account the fact that people can have more than one child and there could very well have been several hybrids at the beginning.

Now the problem is the following. The only real way to get a TWCB child from a pair of nth generation, or even an nth and a mth generation hybrid, both need to have at least 50% of the DNA that is different in humans and TWCB (to which the same rules apply as the simplified situation I gave before, so don't worry about that) and both need to pass down said genes. Now, assuming that said genes are spread over all chromosomes (which is extremely probable), the chance that, if these 2 hybrids even existed, got a child that was a full fledged TWCB is the same as 2 humans having 2 genetically identical children that are not twins.

Do you see my point now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>go back through our posts, you were the one who started up about "you don't even know how genetics work" when before that i was having a discussion with the rest of the people here about the story of the game, i mentioned what i thought about DNA's relation to the story and here you come "actually that's not how it works...etc." i just joined this forum today and you quoted at least 95% of my posts right away with your arrogance, no one else responed to my posts like that so obviously somethings wrong with you, not me or anyone else here. i play guitar and if you said something about how a guitar works and how the notes relate to each other and were wrong i wouldn't start gettin all technical and arrogant like you, i actually wouldn't even care but then there's people like you so congratulations

LightRey
11-28-2011, 08:15 AM
go back through our posts, you were the one who started up about "you don't even know how genetics work" when before that i was having a discussion with the rest of the people here about the story of the game, i mentioned what i thought about DNA's relation to the story and here you come "actually that's not how it works...etc." i just joined this forum today and you quoted at least 95% of my posts right away with your arrogance, no one else responed to my posts like that so obviously somethings wrong with you, not me or anyone else here. i play guitar and if you said something about how a guitar works and how the notes relate to each other and were wrong i wouldn't start gettin all technical and arrogant like you, i actually wouldn't even care but then there's people like you so congratulations
I never insulted you. I merely pointed out something that you admitted yourself, that you are not a geneticist. Now instead of trying to justify your insults, which is against the rules regardless of what I did, you should go back on topic like I did. Might I suggest responding to the contents of my post that were below the first 4 lines?

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 08:31 AM
go back through our posts, you were the one who started up about "you don't even know how genetics work" when before that i was having a discussion with the rest of the people here about the story of the game, i mentioned what i thought about DNA's relation to the story and here you come "actually that's not how it works...etc." i just joined this forum today and you quoted at least 95% of my posts right away with your arrogance, no one else responed to my posts like that so obviously somethings wrong with you, not me or anyone else here. i play guitar and if you said something about how a guitar works and how the notes relate to each other and were wrong i wouldn't start gettin all technical and arrogant like you, i actually wouldn't even care but then there's people like you so congratulations
I never insulted you. I merely pointed out something that you admitted yourself, that you are not a geneticist. Now instead of trying to justify your insults, which is against the rules regardless of what I did, you should go back on topic like I did. Might I suggest responding to the contents of my post that were below the first 4 lines? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>there's a word called "implied", you're not getting back on topic because all you're doing is quoting me and getting all technical like i'm some kind of idiot because i don't know about genetics, who cares? this is a game. all you had to say in your first response to me in this thread was "o i didn't think of it that way, but..." but no, you jumped right into "that's not how it works..." then i said "well i'm no geneticist..." then you kept it going for no reason getting into all this detail about genetics on the AC forums and after that i said "all i'm saying is what i think about this..." and now all this science textbook stuff that not even the writers/devs care about. you're not teaching anyone anything, everyones just laughing this whole thing including me and you're gettin all serious it's almost incomprehensible that someone really cares this much about a double helix

Assassin_M
11-28-2011, 08:35 AM

there's a word called "implied", you're not getting back on topic because all you're doing is quoting me and getting all technical like i'm some kind of idiot because i don't know about genetics, who cares? this is a game. all you had to say in your first response to me in this thread was "o i didn't think of it that way, but..." but no, you jumped right into "that's not how it works..." then i said "well i'm no geneticist..." then you kept it going for no reason getting into all this detail about genetics on the AC forums and after that i said "all i'm saying is what i think about this..." and now all this science textbook stuff that not even the writers/devs care about. you're not teaching anyone anything, everyones just laughing this whole thing including me and you're gettin all serious it's almost incomprehensible that someone really cares this much about a double helix
What are you so mad about now ?

LightRey
11-28-2011, 08:40 AM
there's a word called "implied", you're not getting back on topic because all you're doing is quoting me and getting all technical like i'm some kind of idiot because i don't know about genetics, who cares? this is a game. all you had to say in your first response to me in this thread was "o i didn't think of it that way, but..." but no, you jumped right into "that's not how it works..." then i said "well i'm no geneticist..." then you kept it going for no reason getting into all this detail about genetics on the AC forums and after that i said "all i'm saying is what i think about this..." and now all this science textbook stuff that not even the writers/devs care about. you're not teaching anyone anything, everyones just laughing this whole thing including me and you're gettin all serious it's almost incomprehensible that someone really cares this much about a double helix
Lol, what crawled up your butt?

In case you hadn't noticed this forum is for discussion. That means that I'm not only entitled, but encouraged to discuss whatever any other member has to say as long as I don't break the rules doing so.

You shared your thoughts, I explained how they were wrong.

Oh, and just because this is a fictional story doesn't mean that they're just going to ignore basic genetics. In fact, up till now they've been very concise when it came to any scientific concept. I see no reason why they would stop here.

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 08:41 AM

What are you so mad about now ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>go back a page and read my first post in this thread, then read all of light reys responses to me and see how he started up with me when i was just writing an opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
11-28-2011, 08:46 AM

What are you so mad about now ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>go back a page and read my first post in this thread, then read all of light reys responses to me and see how he started up with me when i was just writing an opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I love how you think you're special. I'm not targeting you. I do this to anyone who's wrong in some form.

Assassin_M
11-28-2011, 08:51 AM

What are you so mad about now ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>go back a page and read my first post in this thread, then read all of light reys responses to me and see how he started up with me when i was just writing an opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I did..
and this is a Discussion, which is the Exchange of ideas and bridging of understandings, you seem to clearly lack the elements for a fruitful discussion.you claimed something about a field you clearly have no experience in, Rey moderately corrects you, so you go on and admit that you are no Genetic expert; now comes the point of argument, which is when rey explains the basics of Genetics and how they work, out of nowhere you BOOM..
This shows your complete lack of sociability on the internet, as well as a feeling that someone is trying to be snobby simply because they try to explain something to you..

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Lol, what crawled up your butt?

In case you hadn't noticed this forum is for discussion. That means that I'm not only entitled, but encouraged to discuss whatever any other member has to say as long as I don't break the rules doing so.

You shared your thoughts, I explained how they were wrong.

Oh, and just because this is a fictional story doesn't mean that they're just going to ignore basic genetics. In fact, up till now they've been very concise when it came to any scientific concept. I see no reason why they would stop here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yes i shared my thoughts and you responded with arrogance, arrogance gets on my nerves but you obviously don't understand how someone could have a problem with arrogance. other people in this discussion were wrong about things but you jumped on me because i was first to mention DNA/lineage, why? i read a lot of your posts in other threads that i didn't agree with but i left it alone since it's no big deal but you made it a big deal here for some reason, why?

RzaRecta357
11-28-2011, 08:55 AM
I don't even know what's going on here anymore but I only read the first few posts.

Buddy who thinks Juno made him stab her because she loves him is just totally wrong.

Minerva is the one who handles the calculations. She knew Desmond had to be in that coma to talk to Jupiter. She told Juno to do it obviously.

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 08:56 AM

I did..
and this is a Discussion, which is the Exchange of ideas and bridging of understandings, you seem to clearly lack the elements for a fruitful discussion.you claimed something about a field you clearly have no experience in, Rey moderately corrects you, so you go on and admit that you are no Genetic expert; now comes the point of argument, which is when rey explains the basics of Genetics and how they work, out of nowhere you BOOM..
This shows your complete lack of sociability on the internet, as well as a feeling that someone is trying to be snobby simply because they try to explain something to you.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>nah, first he corrected me and i said in a nutshell "i'm no geneticist but this is what i think about the story",then he comes with all this technical stuff, i mean ok i get it, i was wrong about science in one little aspect while talking about a game, the decision for this whole thing to end is not mine

LightRey
11-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
I don't even know what's going on here anymore but I only read the first few posts.

Buddy who thinks Juno made him stab her because she loves him is just totally wrong.

Minerva is the one who handles the calculations. She knew Desmond had to be in that coma to talk to Jupiter. She told Juno to do it obviously.
That does seem to make the most sense at this point, but there might have been a little more to it than that. I really think there would've been less dramatic ways to put Desmond into a coma.

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

That does seem to make the most sense at this point, but there might have been a little more to it than that. I really think there would've been less dramatic ways to put Desmond into a coma. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>honestly, i think it would've made more sense if they said the coma started when desmond slipped and fell off of one of those pillars in the vault at the end of ACB lol

gabotron
11-28-2011, 09:14 AM
I just finished reading the Story Recap & Glossary section of ACR's Prima Official Guide. Based on what I've read, it seems that Those Who Came Before more likely have an interest in some form of "rebirth," or as the guide would state it, "the means to create scions in a new era." There are serveral statements in the guide that would strengthen this hypothesis, but this would make my post quite long. I'll instead share the questions raised:

1. So why are the First Civilization members so intent to help save their destroyers, here in the future?
2. But why, then, should Desmond save mankind from a Catastrophe, be it solar in origin or due to the actions of Templars, only to engineer the return of godlike entities who once ruled us as slaves?

I think the DNA process doesn't matter much in Desmond's part of the story (so far). Here's what the guide stated:

In Revelations, we discover that Desmond's genes contain an unusually high concentration of First Civilization DNA – a "gift" that his father William attributes to no more than one in ten million.
In a short but telling conversation between Rebecca and William, Miles senior is heard to comment that he does not have the "right genes to properly wield" the Apple of Eden retrieved from beneath the Colosseum in Rome. This might also explain why, when Juno addresses Desmond in Rome before the death of Lucy, his companions cannot hear her words – and, indeed, remain oblivious to her existence.

The Lucy part... the guide also has some interesting bits based on Juno's and Subject 16's statements in ACB:

a. "There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon."
b. "She is not who you think she is,” cautions Sixteen. “Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear. It’s already gone."

zhengyingli
11-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

That is a good point, Minerva being calculative and all.