PDA

View Full Version : Just a plug for GreaterGreen

jensenpark
12-19-2004, 04:48 PM
What a great server!

So good to see it 'back' and with so many on it today.

Some fantastic new maps as well. (the one over Stalingrad was a blast - trying to stop the transports coming across the Volga - airborne shades of the COD mission)

Thanks GG guys!!

jensenpark
12-19-2004, 04:48 PM
What a great server!

So good to see it 'back' and with so many on it today.

Some fantastic new maps as well. (the one over Stalingrad was a blast - trying to stop the transports coming across the Volga - airborne shades of the COD mission)

Thanks GG guys!!

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-20-2004, 06:29 AM
The Stalingrad map is my favorite too. We'll have a few more soon.

F19_Ob
12-20-2004, 08:45 AM
I just flew over stalingrad on GG a few mins ago... in my rattly il-2...got a few messers for X-mas.
I guess its a bumb aswell http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Call_me_Kanno
12-21-2004, 04:41 PM
That Stalingrad map is truely awsome. Big Salute to the producer of such a realistic looking battle.

gates123
12-21-2004, 05:34 PM
Wait till you guys play Iwo Jima...FUN!

gates123
12-22-2004, 09:49 AM
bump

LeadSpitter_
12-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Last few times i went to play in greatergreen its been completely empty maybe 2-3 people. i wonder why it use to always be full all the time.

i noticed all the warclouds regulars seem to be going in the f16 server lately. But warclouds still remains full which is a good thing.

F19_Ob
12-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
Last few times i went to play in greatergreen its been completely empty maybe 2-3 people. i wonder why it use to always be full all the time.

-----------------------

Hmmm.....I noticed that servers nowadays can absorb up to 50+ players and earler they had only 20-30..........perhaps they have been absorbed elsewhere?
I also have waited for longer periods, swedish time.....scary.
I very much doubt that its my old il-2 and wild spraying that scares them off....but one never can be sure.

Zen--
12-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Bump for a good server and a good squad.

LeadSpitter_
12-23-2004, 01:37 PM
yeah i think thats the case F19, most the people who use to fly gg fly warclouds, then most the warclouds regulars have been flying f16 dedicated which is another good server but wc still remains full with new people.

I wish all the servers would run historical sets like greatergreen does and many maps with different theater planesets

2 china vs japan i-16s i153 j8m p40s vs japanese
2 romanian iar80 vs russian
2 russian vs german, one early war, one latewar
2 us vs german early and late war
2 british vs german
2 us vs japan early/late

somthing like that and many others of the rarer plane sets. But its their servers and thats what most people want is all latewar

xTHRUDx
12-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Lead, what you described is the direction i think we are trying to go towards at GG. to give players a taste of all theaters, years and planes.

LeadSpitter_
12-23-2004, 02:06 PM
yeah thats what I enjoyed the most from gg and what I said with the sets its based of what TGD runs.

Its also fun to find some groups getting lost looking for home and ground pounds definatly have a greater chance of surviving. Something not very fun in deatkick enemy label servers when you and 2 others are the only ones trying to do the mission objectives.

westcoastphil
12-27-2004, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gates123:
Wait till you guys play Iwo Jima...FUN! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that the 3.03 patch changed the flight modelling of the Corsair and Hellcat, this map will sink into oblivion.

Guess I'll have to switch carriers to land bases.

westcoastphil
12-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Just saw the threads on making a super carrier....looks like that's the ticket http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif