PDA

View Full Version : More Realistic Movement

badassapple
02-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Here is an idea for the developers which will help them enhance the gameplay by making the fighting more realistic.

One thing that I have noticed during game play is that the assassin could be enhanced with more skill during defensive movements.

I mention this as many of the movements that the assassin performs are very "static" in nature and some of the defenses that employ grappling movements are also fairly static in the sense that when an attacker throws an attack, they do not cover much distance, which means that the defending assassin does not have much of the attackers energy to redirect and use against his opponent.

A very important concept for battlefield martial arts.

It would be nice to see the assassins using more skill when performing a defense technique, such as drawing an opponents attack onto him, in order to then redirect and throw his opponent.

Of course, for the defensive assassin to do this, he would have to have an attacker throw or swing a fully committed attack at him.

This type of attack is far more common among wild untrained and perhaps cocky wild men.

An example of this type of defense would be in the execution of tomoe nage circle throw, where the defender redirects his opponents attack and redirects its energy with grace and skill in order to throw his attacker for six.

This throw is often used in Judo, however, please be aware that most throws are executed in a Judo match after the 2 opponents have grabbed each other and are both fighting to break each others balance prior to executing a technique.

This type of simulated fighting is of course not completely real, in the fact that most people will not attack you by grabbing your clothes and then try and throw you.

Also, in a full on assault, both fighters are not likely to abstain from using atemi waza (strikes).

So. performing such a throw against perhaps an attacker who is throwing a fully committed attack such as a front straight, swinging or roundhouse punch or thrust with a bladed weapon would be really effective if executed successfully.

One other observation is that you could also incorporate several refined techniques from several martial arts styles that incorporate lethal force with the intention to maim or kill.

Such techniques are found in such arts as:
Krav Magda
Tradition Ninjutsu
American Kenpo

Where as these arts are not successful in perhaps modern competition styles such as those found in UFC.

They are designed to be effective in a different arena, that of the street, where there are no rules.

Shots to the eyes, throat, kidneys, knees and groin, not to mention the spine are the first option.

Where as the usual punches and kicks to other area's are used in order to set up a more lethal technique.

Although many may not realize, many of the throws used in Judo / aikijujutsu and even aikido are also considered lethal techniques,
as although these techniques may not be lethal when training on big absorbent mats, when used in the street, the hard surfaces of the normal street environment is less forgiving.

Anyway, just a idea.

I would also consider putting in another game, an opposing clan of assassins. who use the same methods that you do, who need to be intercepted, distracted, fooled and stopped in order to protect society.

Perhaps you would consider writing an alternate ending where the bad game developers who have twisted their audiences perception by going back in time to manipulate events all get murdered by the righteous assassins who need to clear their names of this slander.

Well theres one for the smart asses in the game industry to think about.

Cheers

Ass4ssin8me
02-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Why, did you have to add that little bit at the end???

Acorrding to history the Borgia were bad people...

Honestly give it a rest http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

On the subject, though some moves could be great, in hand to hand combat. Were you said no one would grab at you like a wild man, well they could have a mode of the fight ring ( if they still have one ) were the oppisition can counter you, leading to a quick time event, to see who wins.

Murcuseo
02-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:

Because the rant thread he originally posted got deleted. He's obviously got a chip on his shoulder about something and won't let it go.

Evan52395
02-22-2011, 01:57 PM
How is the movement not realistic enough? Some people are defensive fighters and some are offensive. For an assassin who barely has armor, quick dodges and counters would work best (as is in the game).

XxSYD3WINDERxX
02-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Are you just trying to show off your knowledge of the martial arts, because that could be condensed into about two sentences.

Just saying, ya know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

badassapple
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by jmattbacon:
Are you just trying to show off your knowledge of the martial arts, because that could be condensed into about two sentences.

Just saying, ya know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
well you ****,
if you knew from training in the various systems, let alone from street fighting,
you would realise that what i have said is valid.
I am not trying to boast. (****ing tired of being attacked by jurk off geek ****ers on forums who have very little experience or knowledge and who just want to kick off, **** who needs it).

I am trying help make the game better.

Krav Magda
American Kenpo
Diato Ryu Aiki Jujutsu
Reality Fighting System Geoff Thomposon

Were all devised for either the street or for the battlefield, or where Bujinkan Ninjutsu is concerned, several of the styles that fall under ninjutsu were created with the battlefield in mind, while the other styles have different aims such as covert manouvours.

These styles aim are to do the job as quick as possible or to allow a smaller opponent defeit a larger opponent or multiple opponents.

I grew up training regularly, and over the years have trained in several styles, under people who are world renown.

If I were to train to assassinate people,
it is these area's that I would focus on (lethal force with the aim of maiming or killing using the least amount of movements and least amount of energy).

I would also extend my training to include more subtle movement of defensive aiki throws, as these allow for greater damage using the least amount of energy.

One other enhancement that ubi.soft would include, is opponents vulnerability during specific moments.

For example, many people drink heavily and take drugs, and although such activities may make people believe they are invincible, while they are intoxicated they are more vulnerable than when straight.

For example, one of the best time to assassinate someone in modern times. would be after the night club or rave closes and the target comes out the doors ****ed.

This is ofcourse not noble methods, but that is the nature of the assassin.
Get the job done with out witnesses.

Perhaps the developers could introduce this into the gameplay, perhaps with a 24 hour clock and oppertuneous events which happen perodically, and if missed, the assassin will have to wait for the next.

As for the chip buddy, if you knew the story behind the game. Why the certain people and events were chosen and how they related to me. not to mention other more powerful parties in the government. You may understand why I would have a chip. Especially if you knew who the Assassins were based on. As Marco and the other parties arent the noble people they are portrayed as.

Anyone can come on a forum and rip into someone in a snide and smug way, however, I bet you $100 that such smart asses would **** them selves if they had have a real street fight.

Again, I wasnt trying to brag, fighting is something most people try to avoid,
I was giving the info as I was trying to help.
Funny really, as Ubisoft has done the opposite to me. They know what side their breads buttered. Or is the Tory Party bribing the developers.

I used to really like splinter cell and assassins creed, however, i think the last story line was way too personal and completley slanderous.

The developers should have had a conversation with the people they are slating before publishing a game that has charactors based on them.

Troche?

badassapple
02-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:

Because the rant thread he originally posted got deleted. He's obviously got a chip on his shoulder about something and won't let it go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or a lawyer may read what is written and realise that their game is slanderous and decide to represent the slandered party in court.

AnthonyA85
02-22-2011, 04:06 PM
How much more realistic do you want the animations to be for christ's sake?

I mean, they've used Motion Capture for every one of the AC games (not including the Hand-held versions), and probably in their other games too.

How would I know this?

Simple logic. Creating animation sequences using Motion Capture is FAR easier and FASTER than using traditional FK/IK rigs.

Probably the only places where they didn't use MC for animations, was for the Horses.

And Badassapple, what do you mean about people getting slandered in the game? You refering to the Borgia family? You do realise they were actually one of worst things to happen to Italy, Especially Rodrigo, (if you watch the Ingame file on him, you'll know what I mean), he was almost as bad as Caligula, who was as bad as Hermann Göring and Himler in some ways (seriously, he was messed up), and Cesare wasn't much better.

rileypoole1234
02-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Hey buddy, CHILL THE **** OUT!

LxLAS3RzZz
02-22-2011, 05:31 PM
well you ****,
if you knew from training in the various systems, let alone from street fighting,
I am not trying to boast. (****ing tired of being attacked by jurk off geek ****ers on forums who have very little experience or knowledge and who just want to kick off, **** who needs it).

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

AnthonyA85
02-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Has this idiot Badassapple been banned yet?

madigari
02-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by badassapple:
Or a lawyer may read what is written and realise that their game is slanderous and decide to represent the slandered party in court.

Being a law student, I would have to say such a lawsuit would be frivolous to the extreme. Not only is this a game (I don't need to mention entertainment not reflecting reality, do I?), but they even have a disclaimer before you ever load the game up: "This work of fiction..." Any lawyer who'd take such a case should be disbarred for wasting the court's time and showing legal incompetence.

Ass4ssin8me
02-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by badassapple:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jmattbacon:

well you ****,
I am not trying to boast. (****ing tired of being attacked by jurk off geek ****ers on forums who have very little experience or knowledge and who just want to kick off, **** who needs it)

As for the chip buddy, if you knew the story behind the game. Why the certain people and events were chosen and how they related to me. not to mention other more powerful parties in the government. You may understand why I would have a chip. Especially if you knew who the Assassins were based on. As Marco and the other parties arent the noble people they are portrayed as.

Anyone can come on a forum and rip into someone in a snide and smug way, however, I bet you $100 that such smart asses would **** them selves if they had have a real street fight.

Again, I wasnt trying to brag, fighting is something most people try to avoid,
I was giving the info as I was trying to help.
Funny really, as Ubisoft has done the opposite to me. They know what side their breads buttered. Or is the Tory Party bribing the developers.

I used to really like splinter cell and assassins creed, however, i think the last story line was way too personal and completley slanderous.

The developers should have had a conversation with the people they are slating before publishing a game that has charactors based on them.

Troche? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know the story behind the game? Seriously? Also try reading the forums rules....

How is the game Slanderous? Yes, I see how some may be offended. I am a Christian, and even when they say Jesus used the apple, blah blah blah, I don't let it offend me. Do you know why? I read the disclaimer

If it bugs you that much, tell Ubi about it and stop Abusing us...