PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances....

SGT_watson
08-15-2005, 06:28 AM
That once BOB comes out that they will allow FB/AEP/PF to be expanded on by 3rd party.

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Slim to none. 1:C still guard the code with their lives which thus far has been a very good thing.

TB

VT-51_Razor
08-15-2005, 06:52 AM
I have seen though, statements made by Oleg indicating that once his team is fully involved with the development and support of BoB, there would be a very small number of his team who's job would be to deal with third party additions to IL-2. They would help integrate new models into the game. So, I don't think that IL-2 is slated to be completely abandoned after BoB has Oleg's full attention. These statements were made by him quite some time ago though, so there's no telling what the reality of it is now.

FritzGryphon
08-15-2005, 07:16 AM
I'd imagine it more likely that the community would abandon the IL-2 series quicker than 1C will.

I can already picture the Hyperlobby numbers for PF when BoB comes out. Only LOMAC will have fewer people playing.

Sturm_Williger
08-15-2005, 08:29 AM
I think you're both right and wrong, FritzGryphon.

Initially there will be a mass exodus to BOB. But as time goes by, there will most likely be a trickle of people coming back to FB/PF when they fancy a different theatre ( I imagine it will take approx. 6 months to get a new theatre addon for BoB - being optimistic )

Plus there will be some who can't afford the new hardware upgrade for a while ( I'm saving already ).

I doubt that FB/PF Hyperlobby will gather tumbleweeds.

csThor
08-15-2005, 08:37 AM
I personally don't see MG giving anyone access to the code. Maybe - as Razor said - they might allow folks from Moscow to listen and learn (where MG has them under control), but since we all know that Maddox Games is not a huge team I can't see

a) MG taking many "apprentices"
b) those "apprentices" making many additions
c) those additions being interesting for the PTO/western Europe at the beginning (the russian market has different priorities).

On the other hand it might be possible - and that is also my impression - that this statement Razor talked about was made months ago and that these plans have been abandoned already.