PDA

View Full Version : Force FX Feedback JOystick

akkoelsch
04-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Hello, from what I've heard my vintage 1998 Force FX feedback joystick will not work in feedback mode with Direct x5 or higher.

1) is there anyone out there that uses a rig which comprises: Force FX, Pro Peddals, and Pro Throttle in conjunction with Game 3 Auto Gamecard?

2) Does anyone know of a software fix to enable the Force FX feedback mechanism with IL-2?

Thanks,

Koelsch

akkoelsch
04-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Hello, from what I've heard my vintage 1998 Force FX feedback joystick will not work in feedback mode with Direct x5 or higher.

1) is there anyone out there that uses a rig which comprises: Force FX, Pro Peddals, and Pro Throttle in conjunction with Game 3 Auto Gamecard?

2) Does anyone know of a software fix to enable the Force FX feedback mechanism with IL-2?

Thanks,

Koelsch

MarkGos
04-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Koelsch,

The Force FX will not provide ForceFeedback when used with WinXP (blame uncle Bill). I had a ForceFX but have moved onto the X45 (had to loose the FFB). The XP drivers make the ForceFX into a vanilla joystick. I think the only way you can get FFB on XP is via a USB joystick not a Gameport/Serial combo such as the ForceFX

Orion_GR
04-15-2005, 08:31 AM
I dont now something about this Joystick but if you find the solution try Force Edit software for the feedback and the forces.

http://www.aces-high.gr/downloads/ForceEdit.zip

|CoB|_Spectre
04-15-2005, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>akkoelsch wrote:
from what I've heard my vintage 1998 Force FX feedback joystick will not work in feedback mode with Direct x5 or higher. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I asked the same question awhile back at http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/ (fantastic site) and that's what Michael of CH Products replied. I've been running a gameport HOTAS rig comprised of CH Products F-16 Combat Stick, Pro Pedals and Pro Throttle for over nine years. I would've loved to have had the Force FX stick, but it was more than twice the price of my stick. As things worked out, I would've had a $150 (in 1990's dollars) doorstop because of the lack of software support. CH says their gameport "Speedkeys" programming ended after Microsoft effectively closed the keyboard interface on operating systems after Win98, supposedly for "security" reasons. I maintain a dual boot system with Win98 on one HDD for older games and reprogramming the EPROM in my Pro Throttle. As long as I can keep my CH HOTAS going, I won't have to lay out the bucks on the USB version which ain't cheap, but it is a great longterm investment value.