PDA

View Full Version : I sweat like a pig but this is coool!

F0_Dark_P
06-14-2006, 08:26 AM
I just got my Logitech FFB joystick and man that thing can shake, i just landed a I-16 without alirons after i took down three He-111's and the stick almost shake out of my hand

Damn! i http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif FFB... i just had to say that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Haigotron
06-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Cool, my friend brought over his...it was cool, except the shooting..

Was that how it really was? Did the stick really shake when planes shot their cannons?

SeaFireLIV
06-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Haigotron:

Was that how it really was? Did the stick really shake when planes shot their cannons?

It makes sense to me that, depending on aircraft, the [i]whole plane might shake a little from cannons firing. One thing I always enjoy about FF is `feeling` those shells go to the target.

Of course, your feedback force may be too strong. You can always reduce the amount.

antifreeze
06-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Logitech FFB joystick

Statistically speaking, you'll be buying another one within 6 months.
Maybe you'll be one of the lucky few whose stick lasts nearly a year.
I've never heard of one lasting much longer than a year.

Good luck!

DuxCorvan
06-14-2006, 09:43 AM
No. Well, depending on the aircraft, the whole plane would vibrate, or wouldn't vibrate at all. But not *just* the joystick. It's cool, anyway, and very useful when it alerts of nearing stall.

If only Logitech sticks were more durable... mine is still working, but now is as precise and accurate as a drunk surgeon with Parkinson disease. There's no way to aim and shoot accurately, or even land the plane, only because my cool FFB stick just stopped working smoothly a few weeks after purchase.

LEBillfish
06-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Haigotron:

I'd "guess" that is the sticks way of simulating the "plane" shaking as obviously any electrical, yet any mechanical linkage to the stick would actually be buffered do to simple mechanical movements and slop, etc......Now that's not saying you'd not feel vibration, yet nothing like what you're describing yet that's all a guess.

Simply, you have ONLY a FF stick to simulate all forces, shakes, and vibrations......So what you might normally feel in your backside instead goes to the stick......Yet I "believe" you can adjust that.