PDA

View Full Version : Can't get past tutorial

Bismo-Funyuns
04-19-2008, 12:15 AM
I have the PC version. I use an XBOX 360 controller. On the part where it says "REACH THE MARKER BEFORE THIS MAN DOES" I repeatedly reach the circle before the man, but it just goes back to starting that part over. I've also beat him repeatedly to the circle using just the keyboard controls. From what I've read about this, it is an easy task, so I don't know why it isn't letting me continue on. If I indeed cannot complete this task, due to some sort of glitch, is there a way to skip the tutorial altogether?

twistedesthetic
04-19-2008, 05:39 AM
There is no way to skip the tutorial. Use the keyboard controls instead of the xbox controls.

Phreaky_McGeek
04-19-2008, 05:46 AM
Did you bother reading that whole post? He/she stated that the issue couldn't be resolved by using the keyboard.

A lot of people seem to be having issues with the tutorial, hopefully your issue will be fixed with the upcoming patch.

I doubt the save files count as copyrighted material (given they're created by your PC), you could PM an owner of the game and ask for a save file directly after the tutorial if you can't wait for the update.

twistedesthetic
04-19-2008, 06:36 AM
Sorry... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif Read it too fast.

Bismo-Funyuns
04-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Thanks for your replies, but I finally figured out how to fix it after seeing a video of the tutorial on Youtube. I noticed that the video was showing things a lot slower than what I was seeing on my computer when I ran the tutorial.

For anyone else that's having this problem, under Start/Run type "dxdiag". Go to the Sound tab and change Hardware Sound Acceleration Level, under DirectX Features, to Basic Acceleration. Mine was set to Full Acceleration. Now, everything works like a charm.

twistedesthetic
04-19-2008, 07:24 AM
That is good! When I did the tutorial at the beginning. I didn't encounter the same problem as you have.

Ematix
06-10-2008, 07:45 PM
im having the same problem and I did what you said with the dxdiag and im STILL having the same problem its getting frustrating