PDA

View Full Version : MYST IV graphic and DVD problems

formconspiracy
10-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Allrighty, another topic about DVD issues and graphic related problems.

My dvd couldn't read disc 1 or disc 2, I guess it's because my dvd is ****. Anyway, I made an image of the cd's on a mac (.toast) and then converted it to a .bin and .cue file. Now I could read the disk, and it didn't say anything about the data beeing mounted in deamon tools during the installation, so that was great. this took me about 4 hours to do, and happy as I was when it was finished, Myst crashes back to the desktop. The configurater says that my graphic card is ok, but I don't have the latest driver... I download the latest one on nvidia.com, but it's still the same problem, it just won't start.

My video card is an Nvidia GeForce 488 Go Mobile

Everything else is okey so I don't have to state them. Yeah, it is a laptop...

Anyone know how to solve my problem? I'm pretty... eager to play it, have waited for it for ages!

Best

Jakob Nylund

formconspiracy.se (http://www.formconspiracy.se/portfolio)

formconspiracy
10-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Allrighty, another topic about DVD issues and graphic related problems.

My dvd couldn't read disc 1 or disc 2, I guess it's because my dvd is ****. Anyway, I made an image of the cd's on a mac (.toast) and then converted it to a .bin and .cue file. Now I could read the disk, and it didn't say anything about the data beeing mounted in deamon tools during the installation, so that was great. this took me about 4 hours to do, and happy as I was when it was finished, Myst crashes back to the desktop. The configurater says that my graphic card is ok, but I don't have the latest driver... I download the latest one on nvidia.com, but it's still the same problem, it just won't start.

My video card is an Nvidia GeForce 488 Go Mobile

Everything else is okey so I don't have to state them. Yeah, it is a laptop...

Anyone know how to solve my problem? I'm pretty... eager to play it, have waited for it for ages!

Best

Jakob Nylund

formconspiracy.se (http://www.formconspiracy.se/portfolio)

maztec
10-13-2004, 01:29 PM
try the omega drivers, they're known to provide extra functionality on some laptop models.