PDA

View Full Version : This game is broken.

Nick1021
11-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Just came back from a rageful match. This game is SO broken. Here are a few of the problems:

-You can't arial kill someone that is on the floor stunned(WTF?!).

-Arial kills are broken. If the target is a bit far away from the roof you can kill them. So you jump forward, but the jump is HUGE and jump far away from them. Two things happen, he notices and runs away, and you wonder. If I jumped over him why could I arial kill him?

-Stun is broken. I know not to rely on it, but when my partner gets killed you sometimes can't stun the killer and he just kills you while you are just spamming B.

-In alliance when you lose a contract you can get stunned but you can't kill. What I think should happen is: You can kill, but you lose your compass for a longer time. OR, you just can't get stunned. Because you can only stun pursuers and if I can't kill him then that OBVIOUSLY means I'm not his pursuer!

-We shouldn't be able to join in the middle of games.

-Fix the spawns. Way to many times have I spawned and killed in less then 2 seconds. I've even been spawn stunned.

-Counter stun should be nerfed. If I see my pursuer and I know it's him and EVEN see a red arrow that means he did a bad job. If we see a red arrow then he shouldn't have ANY counter stun. And the pursuers range for killing is LONG, longer then the stun, so he should be using that advantage.

berm87
11-20-2010, 01:18 PM
There's a lot of interesting insights here that I agree with. While I still think the game is relatively solid, I'm hope there will be patches in the future that affect things like these.

Nick1021
11-20-2010, 01:55 PM
OMFG! EVEN THE SINGLEPLAYER IS BROKEN!? I got stuck in a wall and I had to re-do the WHOLE mission because their is no way to go back to checkpoint.

WHAT THE **** WAS THE POINT OF THE DANG BETA?!

KCizzll
11-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Counter stuns from the front are fine. I got my stun from the back reversed twice in one match and that ****ed me off big time.

Joining in the middle of a wanted match? Why not? You'd rather wait 5 minutes for it to end? I don't really understand the complaint here.

The one thing I don't like is there shouldn't be a button prompt for the stun. If he doesn't know that it's his pursuer the button shouldn't pop up TELLING him :/

Long distance arial kills are debatable. I think this was changed from the beta because people were complaining you could do it from super far away. Personally I think if you take a 3 story freefall onto cobblestone you should be cripple for 5 sec like you were throwing knifed. (And the actual throwing knife ability should last like 15sec, you're burning a cooldown here people, give it some value!)

Fixing spawns - Yes. Please please yes yes. I actually spawned right ontop of my victim once. Already within killing range. I pitied him/her.

Nick1021
11-20-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm fine with the arial kill but what always happens is I decide to jump(because slowly dropping takes too long). And I jump a CRAP load away from my target and don't even get them and they run away or walk the other way.

ShootingProdi
11-20-2010, 10:20 PM
They even said do not rely on stun.
There are no counter stuns.
Ive played this game ever since launch and I haven't got spawn killed before.
Well get use to spawning in middle of game
because call of duty does the same thing.

amovngtarget
11-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Yea I spawned one time right in front of the guy hunting me. The first thing I saw after the ability select was a knife going into my throat. Sometimes I get stunned from the front. I walk towards the guy knowing full well he is the target so I keep hitting X and he just walks up and stuns me. Every single time I walk up to a person and start the stun they kill me. It kinda annoying being hunted if you dont have smoke bomb. If they see you all you can do is run and it always seems that the hunter runs faster then the hunted.

ShootingProdi
11-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by grab.snap.run:
Yea I spawned one time right in front of the guy hunting me. The first thing I saw after the ability select was a knife going into my throat. Sometimes I get stunned from the front. I walk towards the guy knowing full well he is the target so I keep hitting X and he just walks up and stuns me. Every single time I walk up to a person and start the stun they kill me. It kinda annoying being hunted if you dont have smoke bomb. If they see you all you can do is run and it always seems that the hunter runs faster then the hunted.

I actually think thats true that the hunter is faster than the hunted. I don' think that part is lag.

amovngtarget
11-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Yea its always like that so I wasnt thinking that. Every time I run for it when they are already close I die and if someone runs from me I usually catch up to them just by following them.

omghavox
11-20-2010, 11:06 PM
i agree to an extent here,i mean sometimes ability's work and sometimes they dont,double counter's suck and shouldnt be allowed if you stun from the front,if you posion a target,your teamates shouldnt be able to kill them,these are just imo.

Nick1021
11-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by postwick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:
I'm fine with the arial kill but what always happens is I decide to jump(because slowly dropping takes too long). And I jump a CRAP load away from my target and don't even get them and they run away or walk the other way.

I'm pretty sure if you just press X (PS3) without holding R1, you will just jump down without long-jumping. I did it once and haven't had a chance to try it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please elaborate on that. I really want to know. I know if I just hold the high profile button he runs forward and makes small jump, but it's lowers the guage stealth thing.

If your way doesn't work then their is no other way. You have to be lucky and hope their is an object near your target and you that you can jump on.

dlonewolf1994
11-21-2010, 02:07 AM
hm... seems to be the same problems from the beta... what was the beta for again?

Comixfan
11-21-2010, 04:58 AM
I agree with the ability to counter people who make it blatantly obvious they're your assassin. As it is, there's nothing you can do against someone who sprints at you from across a courtyard!

Also, what's up with the game telling me my opponent flanked me when they attacked me from right in front of me? Uh, hello, that's not being flanked!

ShootingProdi
11-21-2010, 05:13 AM
You can throw smoke down..
There is a lot of creative ways to stun your assassin

Comixfan
11-21-2010, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by ShootingProdi:
You can throw smoke down..

And that's it, whereas the assassin has a lot of ways to take you down. It's very unbalanced.

Originally posted by ShootingProdi:

Not if they're charging straight at you there's not.

TKISS420
11-21-2010, 06:11 AM
granted the game has its glitch's but if your effective with all your ability's you can keep the BS down to a minimum. The only ability i've had frequent problems with is the mute it seems like it doesn't work at all sometimes...

xbox gt :Tkiss
LvL : 50

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postwick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

I'm pretty sure if you just press X (PS3) without holding R1, you will just jump down without long-jumping. I did it once and haven't had a chance to try it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please elaborate on that. I really want to know. I know if I just hold the high profile button he runs forward and makes small jump, but it's lowers the guage stealth thing.

If your way doesn't work then their is no other way. You have to be lucky and hope their is an object near your target and you that you can jump on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Press and hold the "fast walk" button and you'll step off the edge without going high profile.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Comixfan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShootingProdi:

Not if they're charging straight at you there's not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Break line-of-sight, disguise/morph, stun when they come around the corner and go "WTF?"

Start running, drop smoke as you're running and look behind to see if they're caught, can sometimes land a stun if they are and you time it right.

Break line-of-sight and stand JUST around the corner, often without using an ability you can stun them before they realise you didn't keep running.

I'd call that a decent variety of creative ways to stun my pursuer.

postwick
11-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Comixfan:
I agree with the ability to counter people who make it blatantly obvious they're your assassin. As it is, there's nothing you can do against someone who sprints at you from across a courtyard!

Also, what's up with the game telling me my opponent flanked me when they attacked me from right in front of me? Uh, hello, that's not being flanked!

there's nothing you can do? really? you can't smoke bomb then stun them? I do it all the time. I LOVE IT when some idiot comes blatanty running up to me. 9 out of 10 times he will NOT get the kill.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-21-2010, 09:20 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">OMG TL;DR WOW THAT'S LONG WILE E HOLY F*** OMG</span>

- He might have been just outside reach of where you can jump on him, prompting you to think it's broken when really he might've been slightly off. Hell that happens to me with standing people who look like they're right under me half the time.

- Like that other guy said, I think you can just do a normal jump down from a roof by not holding the high profile modifier. I can't ever kill people far away from me on an arial, wish I knew how to! I can only seem to drop on people that're practically underneath me!

- Not sure how stun works in any mode but wanted since that's all I've ever played, but I stun people all the time. I have a handful of stuns without using smoke bombs, firecrackers, or mute too. I have a feeling it really only works if you're not holding high profile when you do it. Alot of people have the tendancy to run up to their hunter to hit B, hoping to catch him before he hits X, only to be countered or not even be able to attempt it at all. The times I remember it working are when I either never entered high profile to begin with, or let it go right before hitting B. But I have a feeling the different counters trigger automatically depending on your stealth meter when you press B. I've never seen a button to press or anything to counter someone who's tried to stun me but I've seen my guy block the fist and kill anyway before. On that note, I've been incognito walking behind someone only to have them turn around and punch-stun me directly in the face when I knew they were coming, and got no reversal, which makes no sense to me at all but it's happened at least twice that I remember, maybe 3 times, and I think all 2-3 were from the same guy in the same game. I just attribute that one to lag but who really knows.

- Never played alliance >_>

- I've got mixed feelings on joining mid-game. I think it only joins you if it's the first 2 minutes, which yeah that pretty much assures you wont get 1st, but you still get a decent amount of points to level with. So coming in late sucks, but at the same time, I reallllllyyyyyy like it late at night. For those that work 3rd shift in the US, or for people in Europe, Australia, etc, it's a late-night miracle! Cause what happens is, you'll get a game of 8 or 6, and 2 people will ragequit after 1 or 2 deaths cause they're tired and cranky. So let's say that match is only 1:30 deep. People just coming on would have to sit in a waiting list for an entirely different game for 8 and a half minutes while they wait for the first game to finish so theirs will fill up so they can play.

Here's the thing though.. Most people wont wait that 8.5 minutes, ESPECIALLY when they're tired. They either go, "Eh, f*** this, I'm not waiting again", and they go to bed.. Or, even worse, they assume no one's online, so they leave. The horrible part about that is, it creates a terrible domino effect amongst the community, because that person will automatically assume that people aren't playing the game much anymore, or that nobody plays it late at night.. So, they just stop coming on at night. They play something else or play Singleplayer. In a late-night community where there may only ever be about 12-26 people online, if even 5 of those switch to that line of thinking, the game dies at night virtually forever. The people that do come on stop coming because it takes longer for the games to fill up, and then they start assuming the same stuff, and it just snowballs till no one's playing.

I live in Vegas and watch that same thing happen in poker rooms CONSTANTLY. Infact I know of one poker room that's on the verge of shutting down all because of that very principal, and infact it's gotten SO BAD that it snowballed over into the daytime. Now there's many days where an entire 8 hour shift literally will not deal 1 hand of poker.. Yet, people will come by all day long saying, "What happened to the games?". Well, what happened is nobody had the patience to stay for 10 minutes until the next guy came so they could get one going. The same people who used to fill 2 tables all day every day, still want to play everyday, still come to the same room everyday.. But it never happens. After a while people started assuming that no one plays there, so they just stopped coming all-together and went somewhere else.

That also happened to Red Dead Redemption's late night game for a while, which is the most recent that comes to mind. I've seen it happen in other games too.

So, for that reason alone, I actually love that they drop people in mid game. Oh, and then the people in the first room where the 2 guys quit out? They hit rematch and wait for 15 minutes in a room that says 3 of 6, and the people that just came on are sitting in their own room which says 3 of 6, and all 6 people actually playing, just leave and go to bed or go do something else because they think no one's playing.. When in reality, the other 3 people required to fill it are just sitting in a seperate room. Coming into the middle of a game solves that problem for the most part!

- I've only been killed immediately after spawning twice. One was just bad luck of the draw, and the other one doesn't really count because my killer was chasing someone else, their victim got away, and he was standing next to me. After 4 seconds or whatever it is, his newly assigned target was randomly picked to be me, LoL. Idk, I just don't think it's broken, I think it's just bad luck of the draw. One way to avoid getting immediately killed, is to let the game walk you around like an NPC until your hud is fully functioning. If you start walking yourself right away, you break the NPC walk and anyone around sees the character-moving difference immediately, which results in you getting shanked quickly.

- I kind of agree with the counter-stun, only if the red arrow is present. I mean if you're looking around, alot of times spotting your killer can be somewhat obvious, even if he's doing a pretty good job at hiding it. People move a little different than an NPC, and NPC's generally don't power-walk through crowds of other NPC's slowly but surely. A killer shouldn't have to be afraid of his victim to the point where after 2 minutes of stalking work, the target sees him for all of 1 second and then immediately gets to stun. The victim should have to study the guy long enough for the red arrow to come. And, if the guy isn't doing stealth-breaking high-profile stuff, he shouldn't be punished for trying to be stealthy. If you see your killer from that far away, you can wait out one of your specialty timers (be firecrackers, smoke bomb, disguise, morph, decoy, etc), or start jogging or running a bit and bait him into a red-arrow chase, or whatever the case, and catch him off-guard that way.

At the same time, if someone's doing high profile stuff and really botches the job so bad that they give themselves a red arrow to their target, yeah, I believe there should be no counter-stun available with a red arrow present.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 09:34 AM
@ Wile_E_Coyote.
About spawning kills. What I meant is I just spawned and I didn't even get to touch the joystick and I died. And I was spawn-stunned once. And the thing that sucks is you don't get the compass the first second.

Comixfan
11-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Break line-of-sight, disguise/morph, stun when they come around the corner and go "WTF?"

And when they're charging at you from across a courtyard and there's no corners to run around, you've not got the smoke bombs ability active with no other way to break line-of-sight? Then you're screwed.

Had it happen to me so many times by people that just run *everywhere* in a game. It's so frustrating and will, IMO, kill the fun of multiplayer.

As for the stun ability, I've had it happen so many times that you see the indicator to press the B button over someones head and absolutely nothing happens when pressed! Why bother telling me to press B if it's not going to do anything?

sky_knight-1
11-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Too right this game is broken i rapidly press circle to stun, the person thats after me i get close to hitting the player but they always seem to hit first and kill me its kinda fked up to be honest.
also when iv killed a few targets it wont select another target for me untill sum1 kills me wtf is with that.

Munktor
11-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Target first THEN do aerial kill. It won't miss if they're targeted/locked-on.

rocketxsurgeon
11-22-2010, 11:18 AM
One of my team mates was getting killed next to me, so I start to mash the O button, but it wasn't appearing above the pursuer.

It eventually did and halfway through the animation of me stunning him, the kill animation started and he killed me.

That's down to lag though.

stealth995
11-22-2010, 08:27 PM
1. Yes you can...

2. Not that I have noticed ive never ever had a problem with them

3. Its a bit too unreliable i agree... along with people running through my smoke bombs to kill me. Generally its not too bad but if it doesnt let me stun them and then they kill me for 750 pts. i get ****ed.
-.-

4. I disagree they need a little time to get away and blend to keep it fair, after all there is a perk to help you get up from a stun quicker.

5. Why not? If a team loses a player its not fair for them to go shorthanded and give other teams advantages. Just deal with a lower score and be happy youre in a game and not waiting for 15 more minutes.

6. Strong agree. Sometimes it says "new persuer" and two seconds later im dead. wow.

7. Disagree because you could end any chase by turning around and stunning them which takes out an entire aspect of the game.

I agree that the game needs some fixing and can be frustrating though.

nitek_pl
11-23-2010, 01:06 AM
ysterday I played Alliance mode for the first time. There was one thing that sucks.

When someone stunted me he standed behind me and keeped stunning me after I stand up making lotys of points.

It should be blocked to keep balance of the game. There should be like 10 or 5 seconds period when after stun no one can stunt you. Otherwise when someone won't spawn the other team makes score go up.

or maybe it's like this to reset killing streaks hm.