PDA

View Full Version : Voice Acting.... (very minor spoiler)

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey again
So what do you guys think of the voice acting
No doubt alot of you wont have heard it yet, but id like to hear your first impressions over the next couple of days.
Personally i think they are all great EXCEPT Altair, they have tried wayyyyyyy too hard to make him sound like an all american rough and ready hero. It annoys me. Just seems so out of place given the context.
(minor spoiler...)
That being said, a friend did mention that the voice you here is actually him thinking what he would say in that time period, from his present day body
(end of spoiler)
personally i think thats a cop out
I think they made altair sound american because an american company would get mega bad press having a middle-eastern assassin the hero in there game.
much more pc to have an american hero killing lots of middle-eastern people :/ (sarcasm)
Opinions?

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey again
So what do you guys think of the voice acting
No doubt alot of you wont have heard it yet, but id like to hear your first impressions over the next couple of days.
Personally i think they are all great EXCEPT Altair, they have tried wayyyyyyy too hard to make him sound like an all american rough and ready hero. It annoys me. Just seems so out of place given the context.
(minor spoiler...)
That being said, a friend did mention that the voice you here is actually him thinking what he would say in that time period, from his present day body
(end of spoiler)
personally i think thats a cop out
I think they made altair sound american because an american company would get mega bad press having a middle-eastern assassin the hero in there game.
much more pc to have an american hero killing lots of middle-eastern people :/ (sarcasm)
Opinions?

jakebeatyou
11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
i hate when altair talks, it is really dissapointing. you would think a bad *** like him would have a deeper voice

knife_X
11-14-2007, 05:12 PM
The guy who is voice acting Alta´r is terrible... no influence, no emotion nothing! Its sad to listen to, other then that the other actors are pretty good.

Zain0
11-14-2007, 05:12 PM
You mean canadian company? lol >____>

avsrule247
11-14-2007, 05:14 PM
I like Altair's voice. I think it fits the game perfectly with the sci fi stuff.

tomwigley
11-14-2007, 05:16 PM
canadian american same difference
JOKE
lol
i was majorly disappointed in his voice
Yes it fits the scifi stuff, but not the actual 99% of gameplay
i stand by my, "no western company would dare make a middle easten hero" theory

SJCHS_Ghost
11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Technically Ubisoft is a French company http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif