PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 Release Candidate, fantastic! keep it coming Oleg......

Jumoschwanz
06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
The way the planes fly and the new clouds are great.

For years my 83 year-old Buddy Pete has told me about using full rudder ,and feeding in the throttle slowly and as needed to keep the fighters straight on take off. It is neat to have to do something like this in the latest patch.
Pete also talked often about how keeping a fighter straight and level was a full time job, like sitting in a chair balancing on a point, now we have something like that too. I can no longer leave my plane fly while I go take a dump and grab a sandwich.

The new clouds are really nice too.

This release candidate has offered no insurmountable problems at all. It is just there, and I have not had any problems adapting to it, and I have not had to alter any tactics I usually use.

I have done ground attack and high-alt hunting just as before with no problem.

It is always nice to have more toys to play with also, like the new planes, ground objects and maps in RC 4.0.

It is cool how we have the input of 40 real pilots approving the changes to the FM, when you take this into account it kind of takes the wind out of any sim jockey's whines about it.
I am waiting for the final version, 4.1, then I am going to have Pete A., and actual WWII bomber and fighter pilot, and the local owner and pilot of an AT-6 and a 2/3 scale P-51 come over and test it out to see what they think. I have bought a new set of CH usb pedals just for them to try this sim with!

Pete has most of his combat hours in 4-engine bombers, but also flew rhubarbs in Mustangs and Spitfires over the channel, as well as flying many, many types of single engine WWII fighters in a maintenance capacity. The AT-6 owner, Vic P., restores and flies old military aircraft from WWII, and also restores old cars. Between the two of them there is not much they don't know about WWII aviation so it will be interesting to see what they say, especially as they do not have any extensive experience with pc flight sims.
When they have given thier opinions I will surely make a post on their thoughts and have some pics maybe.
S!
\ Jumoschwanz

AerialTarget
06-12-2005, 10:18 PM
This is a wonderful idea. I love it when real warbird pilots get the opportunity to test this simulator, and then their reviews are posted for us.

Flakenstien
06-13-2005, 04:01 AM
Yes I agree with this patch!
Please do post the reviews from your friends! Looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

ploughman
06-13-2005, 04:17 AM
Great. Look forward to hearing what these guys think.

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-13-2005, 05:53 AM
I look forward to getting any version (especially the final versin) of this patch. I was out of pocket for a few days and it appears my window of opportunity has closed.

Still patiently waiting, but interested to see what all the fuss is about.

TB

hernanyork
06-13-2005, 09:16 AM
The improvements are unlimited i really love this patch, its the only sim where you are a part of this forgotten planes world.

Sturmtrooper
06-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Jumo, just be sure to wash your hands before you eat that sandwich ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Yes, the new patch really rocks !!!

Endy1
06-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Nice post Jumo, the 4.0 patch is a wonderful addition to this already great sim.