PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Engine 3!?!?

Real720
04-20-2006, 10:32 PM
What can you tell us about the game€s engine? What visual improvements can gamers expect to see? Are you running on a made-from-scratch engine or are you developing upon an existing technology?

Maxime Béland: We are using the Unreal Engine 3. As for the physics, Novodex was our choice. So expect something very impressive technology wise, as we are making great achievements with this engine.

Also it€s a great engine for Multiplayer needs.

I thought that Ubisoft wasn't planning on using the Unreal 3 engine!

Goliath.Ubi.Dev
04-21-2006, 08:21 AM
We never issued a statement saying we wouldnt use Unreal 3, in fact unreal has been a part of our most sucessful Rainbow games, it made senses to use something we were familiar with.

del130528032037
04-21-2006, 08:25 AM
Are interchangeable sights on Vegas? What about wall rapelling and using air vents? Is Vegas going to be very interactive? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a lolly popp? Is Vegas a whole lot different from Rainbow Six 4? Is it different from all Rainbows?

Goliath.Ubi.Dev
04-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Yes, yes, yes, 11 if you bite otherwise 57,Yes,Yes.

Real720
04-21-2006, 05:30 PM
How many polygons are in a character?

Yen Lo
04-21-2006, 08:39 PM
schwing schwing (snl reference) things are looking up finally. I assume they are using this engine for the PC version as well. I hope you include a map editor as well.

SilentAce07
04-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Goliath.Ubi.Dev:

LOL. Nice. Although I could have answered those questions for you.

However, i disagree on the licks of the lollipop. If you have 3 good ones you can crack it open real easy... Otherwise 57 is correct. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Unreal Engine 3 is fine to use IMO. Vegas is heading in the right direction.

del130528032037
04-24-2006, 09:18 AM

Thanks for answering my questions, Goliath. I laughed real hard when you answered my lolly pop question. LMAO!

del130528032037
04-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by SilentAce07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goliath.Ubi.Dev:

LOL. Nice. Although I could have answered those questions for you.

However, i disagree on the licks of the lollipop. If you have 3 good ones you can crack it open real easy... Otherwise 57 is correct. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Unreal Engine 3 is fine to use IMO. Vegas is heading in the right direction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be good with your tongue. I'm good, but not that good. Lol. I guess I just wanted some comfirmation from Goliath because all people talk about is probably and maybe.

DayGlow
04-24-2006, 09:48 AM
I'd be careful, that's sig material.

del130528032037
04-24-2006, 12:54 PM
sorry nothing bad meant.

Real720
04-29-2006, 07:22 PM
We never issued a statement saying we wouldnt use Unreal 3, in fact unreal has been a part of our most sucessful Rainbow games, it made senses to use something we were familiar with.

Well, on some of the websites, It says that Vegas won't be using the Unreal 3 engine. Also, an issue of EGM also says that the game won't be using the Unreal engine nor the "great" GRAW engine.

..........but if YOU say that the game will, in fact, be using the Unreal 3 engine, then I definitely shouldn't be complaining....... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SilentAce07
04-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by MightyLordRay:

You must be good with your tongue. I'm good, but not that good. Lol. I guess I just wanted some...

Ahh... Lol. So many people could have misunderstood that... Thank god for the quote feature...

And by the way, I was just wondering because i was researching the Unreal Engine 3, what games have used it so far?

Real720
04-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by SilentAce07:
And by the way, I was just wondering because i was researching the Unreal Engine 3, what games have used it so far?

What do you mean?

SilentAce07
04-30-2006, 10:25 PM
As in, what other games that weve seen use Unreal Engine 3. I hear the name of it alot, and im not too into technical things like that, but i can tell if a game is using the same engine or not.

Catpuss
05-03-2006, 11:58 AM

Ermm yes, but didn't you say in the past Lockdown (sales wise, even ignoring them being returned to the shop or ebay'ed) one of the most successful? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

But the in the end the advantage of a familiar engine is that you can dedicate more time on the game mechanics and level design rather than coding basic rendering and physics routines rather than the engine being the big feature.

After all UT is famous for its heavily armed bouncing ninjas. I think Ding would get a hernia after half a hour of that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif