PDA

View Full Version : 480i?

cheered
11-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey!

Im totally new to playstation3, just got one 2 days ago. When i tried a demo at 480i (the tv i have now is only 480i) it said i need another resolution. Is it possible to play AC at 480i? Don't wanna get a new tv now.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Hang on I wil find out for you

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Aparently the PS3 version will only be in 720p.

Sorry but it wont play on a 480i TV.

I think the 360 version should work on 480i tho,...

see here

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assassinscreed/show_m...-39482347&pid=930022 (http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assassinscreed/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-39482347&pid=930022)

Pinjani10
11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Look on the back of the box it will tell you what HD settings it supports

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 06:53 PM
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?

You can play all games, on all resolutions, it's just that if your screen can't handle HD picture quality or it can't handle a specific resolution it will downscale or upscale to fit your screen, you will play the game in SD. So to answer your question yes, you can play Assassins Creed on your Playstation 3.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
NO... you cant send a HD signal to an IDTV.

U ever tried playing a CD on a record player?

If the game has textures for 720p only on PS3 then NO you cant play it on a 480i TV.

If your PS3 boots but the game dont then it wont work as you cant boot a game in less than the resolution the PS3 is putting out.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by crsnwby:
NO... you cant send a HD signal to an IDTV

If the game has textures for 720p only on PS3 then NO you cant play it on a 480i TV.

If your PS3 boots but the game dont then it wont work as you cant boot a game in less than the resolution the PS3 is putting out.

Sir... I install home theaters... I have two 1080P monitors at 72" and one 1080i screen at 61", I know what I'm talking about and you are completely wrong.

unnamedninja
11-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I concur with warrior within, i'm playing dead rising which is an HDTV game (not sure what res) on my SDTV with no problems.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
SIR lets not get into that... what i was going to write...

Its physically impossible for an IDTV to take HDVT soirce.. try pluggin a DH receiver into an IDTV and you will get digital scramble as there is no decoder for the signal.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

See this site setup by the UK government regarding HDTV broadcasts over terrestrial TV in the UK

http://www.idtv.co.uk/FaqDetail.php?ID=25

basically

However, you will need a special television set properly to display HDTV pictures, as well as a special decoder, set-top box or DVD player. So consumers need to be aware that a new TV set they buy today may not be able to receive HDTV services and display them in the right format unless they make sure that it is of the right type.

Your playing Dead rising on a TV which is IDTV. Dead rising was written with 480 textures and HDTV textures. The PS3 version of AC has only 720p textures.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
lets not get into that... what i was going to write...

Its physically impossible for an IDTV to take HDVT soirce.. try pluggin a DH receiver into an IDTV and you will get digital scramble as there is no decoder for the signal.

There is no way for an SDTV to take an HD source that's why the console will automatically downscale the picture to fit 480i. Your talking about two different thing. DH satellite receivers do not have upscale downscale functionality, but consoles do.

Edit: that site is really old, and no longer considered valid. It's from 2003.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
tell u what go plug your 360 into your old IDTV and put it on HD output see what it does.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:13 PM
tell u what go plug your into your old IDTV and put it on HD output see what it does.

Fist of all, what the hell is IDTV?

We have
SDTV: Standard definition
EDTV: Enhanced definition
HDTV: High definition

Second, I'm not telling him to try and run it in HD. All he has to do is go to his PS3 setting and click 480i resolution only, and plug in his PS3 using composite cables, not Component.

cheered
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
getting a little bit confused now...
i tried tekken 5 dark resurrection online yesterday, and it refused to start, told me to change the resolution, so obviously you can't play everything.

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Stop talkin wank and try it

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Stop talkin wank and try it

I don't need to waste my time trying it, I know the outcome, because I actually know what I'm talking about.

I'm not telling him to try and run it in HD. All he has to do is go to his PS3 setting and click 480i resolution only, and plug in his PS3 using composite cables, not component. From there his PS3 will downscale all his games.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by cheered:
getting a little bit confused now...
i tried tekken 5 dark resurrection online yesterday, and it refused to start, told me to change the resolution, so obviously you can't play everything.

Trust me, you can play everything. All you need to do is make sure your PS3 is set to 480i and that your connected using composite cables. The only possible problem is maybe because it's a downloadable game it's glitching. Did you download all of DR including the main game?

crsnwby
11-13-2007, 07:21 PM
look hes put it in the bin now.. the PS3 should run at any res yes. but if hes got AC which is 720p only then it wont run as its sending a 720p signal to a tv that cant displat it.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
look hes put it in the bin now.. the PS3 should run at any res yes. but if hes got AC which is 720p only then it wont run as its sending a 720p signal to a tv that cant displat it.

He won't be trying to run it in 720P, JEEZ! If he's running the game through composite cables, his PS3 will downscale the image to 480i, obviously he can't run the game in 720P if his TV is only 480i...

cheered
11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Composite is the bundled cable right? Im using it right now but tekken doesen't start.

I downloaded the only tekken there was to download. There was an uppdate but i downloaded the full game. Same thing with GT HD demo, said i needed to change the res.

sightl3ss
11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Composite is the bundled cable right? Im using it right now but tekken doesen't start.

I downloaded the only tekken there was to download. There was an uppdate but i downloaded the full game. Same thing with GT HD demo, said i needed to change the res.

i think composite is like the red white and yellow ones (plz dont flame me for this as im 13 and dont know lots about this stuff and i play my 360 on a SDTV)

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Composite is the one bundled in the box. And it should work because my friend has a 480i TV and I played Tekken with him on his PS3. I don't know exactly whats wrong but there are two Tekken downloads, one which is just the game, and one which is the game plus multi player patch. I don't know which you downloaded but go to settings and check that your running the game in 480i.

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by sightl3ss:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cheered:

i think composite is like the red white and yellow ones (plz dont flame me for this as im 13 and dont know lots about this stuff and i play my 360 on a SDTV) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats correct.

sightl3ss
11-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sightl3ss:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cheered:

i think composite is like the red white and yellow ones (plz dont flame me for this as im 13 and dont know lots about this stuff and i play my 360 on a SDTV) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im right???? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif OMG!! this is the APOCOLYPS!!!

cheered
11-13-2007, 07:50 PM
yea i saw the patch, but downloaded the other full one. Somewhere it said that tekken doesent have support for 480i, only 480p

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
yea i saw the patch, but downloaded the other full one. Somewhere it said that tekken doesent have support for 480i, only 480p

Then that would be the only game that does that. Although depending on how old you TV is it might be able to run 480P. Check the back of your TV, if you have a connector for S-Video then you can buy and S-Video cable and run the game in 480P.

cheered
11-13-2007, 08:00 PM
old tv, no s-video =/. But you say that it's might be a glich in the game and that AC should work?

Warrior-Within2
11-13-2007, 08:01 PM
old tv, no s-video =/. But you say that it's might be a glich in the game and that AC should work?

AC should definitely work. I'm thinking its only the problem because it's a downloadable game.

cheered
11-13-2007, 08:04 PM
okey, thanks alot for your help! have been looking forward for this game for ages!

MASTEROVERLORD
11-13-2007, 08:09 PM

Please shut up. You are one of the dumbest posters this forum has ever seen.

sjketcheson
11-13-2007, 08:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Haha, and that's saying a lot!

the_assassin_07
11-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Aparently the PS3 version will only be in 720p.

see here
Man you're crazy... Warrior Within is exactly right.

A game can never be HD only. Every game runs at every resolution. *******es.

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
IT won't work unless I tell it to...

I'm right 'cos I rock, so everyone kiss and make up >.<

Raide
11-14-2007, 12:27 PM
IDTV's = Intergrated Digital TV's

These were some of the fancy TV's that had Digital Set boxes built into them (Using CAM's) These are pretty old tech and do not really have HD features at all. Unless you have one recently they do not usual list them as IDTV's anymore, just HD-Ready etc and have built in tuners.

Most of the IDTV's had basic Scart and Component if you were lucky. Even if you connect a 360 via component, you won't get a HD image from a TV that cannot support it.

Raide
UK Forum Manager

katz_bg
11-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Raide:
IDTV's = Intergrated Digital TV's

These were some of the fancy TV's that had Digital Set boxes built into them (Using CAM's) These are pretty old tech and do not really have HD features at all. Unless you have one recently they do not usual list them as IDTV's anymore, just HD-Ready etc and have built in tuners.

Most of the IDTV's had basic Scart and Component if you were lucky. Even if you connect a 360 via component, you won't get a HD image from a TV that cannot support it.

Raide
UK Forum Manager
who the hell is trying to get an hd image here?
he's trying to get any image. so will i be if I haven't screwed up the bank-transfer payment and have to (acquire and then) give another 90€ to try again. that's minimum wage here. average is about double the minimum. + i'm an unemployed student.

Joey208
11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
i agree with warrior withing you can run it. the game wont look as good as if it was on an hdtv but the game will run. all the system does is change the res to fit your tv.

A.B.O.Y
11-14-2007, 03:20 PM
just put the settings back to default on your ps3.Also every game ive played on my ps3 has worked on a 10 year old tv so you shouldnt be having problems its just the settings probly.

iPlunder
11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
I feel sorry for you warrior within. You know what your talking about but everyone argues.

deadskies
12-06-2009, 08:10 AM

You're by far the most stupid person on here, I've been running Assassin's Creed (as well as a bunch of what you call "HD Only" type games) on my SDTV no....effing....problem. Your hands and mouth should be sewn shut to prevent further explosions of stupidity from erupting out of your tiny, tiny brain.

SLB_2009
12-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by deadskies:
You're by far the most stupid person on here, I've been running Assassin's Creed (as well as a bunch of what you call "HD Only" type games) on my SDTV no....effing....problem. Your hands and mouth should be sewn shut to prevent further explosions of stupidity from erupting out of your tiny, tiny brain.

Why are you reviving old threads??????

Are you planning a zombie attack? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

deadskies
12-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Aparently the PS3 version will only be in 720p.

see here
Man you're crazy... Warrior Within is exactly right.

A game can never be HD only. Every game runs at every resolution. *******es. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're just some loser fanboy tryin to trick someone into getting a 360 so that they'll have to waste money on a new one evey 6 months or so.