PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 related posts in an IL-2 forum

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 04:04 PM
There has been a flurry of posts in this IL-2 forum about CFS3 add-ons.

There are two things I wish to clarify:
(1) Shockwave Productions (developed FirePower for CFS3) has great respect for Maddox Games, and the community as a whole.

(2) FirePower for CFS3 and BOB for CFS3 are two completely different products from two entirely unrelated companies.

Scott.

Message Edited on 10/12/0303:40PM by SWaveSMG

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 04:04 PM
There has been a flurry of posts in this IL-2 forum about CFS3 add-ons.

There are two things I wish to clarify:
(1) Shockwave Productions (developed FirePower for CFS3) has great respect for Maddox Games, and the community as a whole.

(2) FirePower for CFS3 and BOB for CFS3 are two completely different products from two entirely unrelated companies.

Scott.

Message Edited on 10/12/0303:40PM by SWaveSMG

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Can they fix the view system in CFS3?

no mouseview, and what is even more interesting is Flight Simulator had trackir support before everyone, and yet the CFS3 team neglected to put it in.

S!
609IAP_Recon

Forgotten Skies Virtual War
Forum: http://fogwar.luftwaffe.net/forums/index.php
Visit 609IAP at http://takeoff.to/609IAP

http://www.leeboats.com/609/sig/609_recon3.jpg

Agnus Dei, Qui Tollis peccata mundi, Miserere nobis. Dona nobis pacem

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 04:17 PM
1. I too have noticed a number of CFS post in the past few days about the CFS BOB and Firepower add ons by 'new users'

2. I do NOT appreciate the tone of the majority of the post. Most are troll like in nature.

3. I predicted that someone from one of these companies advertising in our forum would happen very soon.

4. HERE YOU ARE ADEVERTISING your 'fine product' /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
in our forum for "IL-2 FORGOTTEN BATTLES" under the auspices of respect???????

5. ADVERTISING IS AGAINST FORUM RULES /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

IBFTL!

Message Edited on 10/12/0308:32AM by BlackPhenix

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Perhaps a bit unnecessary BlackPhenix?

Why can someone from another 'community' NOT interact with those from another?

And what do you think the original poster intended - that we all burn our copies of FB and go out and buy CFS3 and the Firepower add-on?

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Take a quick look at all of the 'newuser' posts about CFS all of the sudden. Then you see someone ADVERTISING here for that crap. That IS against forum rules and this will be locked shortly. Harsh yes, maybe I'm just in a foul mood today, I will re-edit it to reflect a kinder and gentler mood.

Message Edited on 10/12/0308:50AM by BlackPhenix

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 04:50 PM
I edited my post. This was initially intended to separate us from BOB for CFS3. It did include things that would be considered advertisements, so I deleted those.

Also, nobody from or related to Shockwave Productions has been posting here to my knowledge.

Also, don't confuse respect from competition. I didn't realize posting a competing product was against forum rules. I will say, any of our competitors are welcome to post their products in our forums. We have nothing to hide, and believe healthy competition is good for everyone, provided there is no disrespect and just healthy conversation and debate.

Scott.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 04:51 PM
SWaveSMG wrote:
- I edited my post. This was initially intended to
- separate us from BOB for CFS3. It did include
- things that would be considered advertisements, so I
- deleted those.
-
- Also, nobody from or related to Shockwave
- Productions has been posting here to my knowledge.
-
- Also, don't confuse respect from competition. I
- didn't realize posting a competing product was
- against forum rules. I will say, any of our
- competitors are welcome to post their products in
- our forums. We have nothing to hide, and believe
- healthy competition is good for everyone, provided
- there is no disrespect and just healthy conversation
- and debate.
-
- Scott.

And close the door on your way out!

JOKE! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S! Simon.
<center>

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg
<font color="#000000">It's my attitude not my aptitude that determines my altitude.</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Removing the ADVERTISMENT does show some repsect. ~S~.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 05:14 PM
There's no specific rule against advertising a competing product that I'm aware of. Posts have to be 'il2 related'. How widely that streches depends on the judgement of the mods and how good a mood our forumeers happen to be in on any given day.

I was interested in your original post, and thought that a serious attempt to pull CFS3 up to Il2/FB standards was relevant and of interest to this community. I'm sorry you got a slap, I regret that you felt it necessary to edit, and I applaud the gracious way you responded to bad manners.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 05:24 PM
This is silly.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 05:50 PM
Mor54,

There is nothing silly about it. FirePower is a world-wide retail release, which means there are a lot of livelihoods affected by the success of our product.

There is confusion among many forum members, and screenshots are getting mixed together. It is not in our interest to have FirePower associated with other products.

There is also a BOB post on this forum that is getting alot of bad attention and going downhill fast. Someone posted screenshots of our FirePower B-17G in there, with our logo (not sure who this person is, but I would appreciate it if they removed these shots).

We do not wish to be affiliated with any other product or people except our own.

Scott
http://www.shockwaveproductions.net

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:07 PM
mikeyg007 wrote:
- There's no specific rule against advertising a
- competing product that I'm aware of.

From Terms of use
(Linked at the bottom of every forum page)

PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
You may not advertise any goods or services on the Sites. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are not allowed. You may not use any of the Sites to collect information about Ubi Members, including, but not limited to, login names and passwords, and the use of any such information to send unsolicited e-mail or for any other purpose is strictly prohibited. You may not exploit the Sites, or any games or services offered on the Sites for any commercial purposes. Any violation of these provisions can subject your Member account to immediate termination (or result in revocation of Guest status) and further legal action, at Ubi's discretion.

-----------

Mikeyg I'm sure you just missed this part when you signed up and read the terms of use contract. ~S~

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:14 PM
I think you guys supporting and lauding the CFS3 have said your peace. I purposefully stay off the Sim-Outhouse, Netwings, and SimHQ...CFS3 discussion boards. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Why, because I think people are entitled to their beliefs about the CFS3.

If you've persuaded anyone to your beliefs you've had enough verbal licensce on this board by now. You should be done.

So, leave us to our IL2-FB (in our ignorant bliss) and tend to your business with likeminded fellows. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

PAX

----------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:31 PM
When I read the originals post this morning, I felt the same way instantly. Most of us here have given the other game a go-round. I think that is why we have an IL-2 Related Only forum. Although I don't think he was trying to advertise. I do feel like he was trying to presuade others opinions on the other game. Thanks for starting a thread like this. I know I may get flamed for saying that, oh well, so be it. S!

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:36 PM
It's good to share experiences/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

CMarky/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Nearmiss,

You are missing the point. On the CFS3 forums, there is a link to a post here about BOB. I clicked the link this morning, and as I scrolled down, saw pictures of our B17G with our logo, as if it was part of the BOB add-on. I do not know the person who posted these pictures, but I am sure you can appreciate as an IL-2 flyer by those screenshots, that took many people much effort to create, and it is not in our interest that others are posting our product as if it is someone elses.

A perfect example is someone here goes out and buys BOB with the anticipation of seeing that B-17.

We are not posting here to advertise our product, but simply to correct others who have posted unauthorized screenshots of our product appearing to be someone elses.

Your post is just supporting the fact that there is much confusion, despite my efforts to clarify something that is really quite simple to understand. This is not a knock against you, but in general how complicated it can be to communicate some pretty simple things when there is so much emotion involved.

Scott
http://www.shockwaveproductions.net

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 07:00 PM
BlackPhenix wrote:
- mikeyg007 wrote:
-- There's no specific rule against advertising a
-- competing product that I'm aware of.
-
- From Terms of use
- (Linked at the bottom of every forum page)
-
- PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
- You may not advertise any goods or services on the
- Sites. -
------------
-
- Mikeyg I'm sure you just missed this part when you
- signed up and read the terms of use contract. ~S~
-
-

Fair enough, that did one did slip through my detailed and attentive reading of the terms of use. :-)

I still think the original post was reasonable but you have the law on your side and I concede the point.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Quote from Naturalpoint.com forum:

"Halstead York
Administrator
Member # 2
posted August 05, 2003 11:49 AM
---------------------------------------------------------
The bottom line is that CFS3 will probably never have trackIR support. Development on the title is more or less done, and the core team is beginning work on whatever their next title might be. However, our relationship with Microsoft has strengthened up over the past few months, and I think that trackIR Enhanced support in future Microsoft sim titles is likely.
--------------------
Halstead York
Dir. Gaming Products
NaturalPoint
Member Rated:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 212 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Oct 2002"

OC

Power to the nOObs

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 07:23 PM
SWaveSMG wrote:
- Nearmiss,

- Your post is just supporting the fact that there is
- much confusion, despite my efforts to clarify
- something that is really quite simple to understand.
- This is not a knock against you, but in general how
- complicated it can be to communicate some pretty
- simple things when there is so much emotion
- involved.

What I was trying to say...which I said is...nuf said about CFS3, regardless.

I've been on these boards for quite a while, and I never wear my feelings on my sleeves. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but these are Ubi Forums dedicated to IL2-FB.

I ain't the enemy LOL

---------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Would this be a good time for me to start posting wide images of CFS3? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<p align="center"> http://www.1stclassproperties.ca/mr/Spit.jpg
Tongue-tied & twisted,
just an earthbound misfit,
I.
</CENTER>
</p>

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 07:37 PM
Dex

Sounds good to me!

I enjoy good screenshots regardless of the Combat Flight Simulator ( CFS ). It's just all the banter from the advocates of those CFS'rs that annoy me.

I guess I'd prefer to see the colorful pictures, than read the colorful bacnter of the proponents of the CFS. LOL

In fact, I'd rather read the gripes and whines from IL2-FB proponents. LMAO

---------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BlitzPig_Rock
10-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Dexmeister wrote:
- Would this be a good time for me to start posting
- wide images of CFS3?

Dude - start a thread up and post your screenies.

My attitude is its aviation\fs related.

As long as the non-fb posts dont overrun the forum theyre OK by me.

This post I think has served its purpose and now needs to be locked.

You guys are right - no advertising allowed.

Having said that the original poster came here with a specific message to correct an assumption, hes done so politely and tried to stay within the rules etc so I see no major harm.

But I`m still gonna lock it.

& Dex - please put your fs2004 screenies in with any cfs3 ones, rather than having 2 threads /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://mysite.freeserve.com/bpstuff/bobharris_image.jpg
<center><FONT COLOR="Red">UBI/IL2 Forum Moderator</FONT>
http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines