PDA

View Full Version : Water splashes by machine guns and cannon

Choctaw111
01-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I really appreciate the water splashes for the small caliber machine guns being "fixed" but I was wondering why the splashes from the small caliber guns is now more visible than the 50 cal, 20mm and even the non HE large cannon rounds. The bigger the round (with some velocity figured in) the larger the splash. A projectile traveling at supersonic speed really churn up the water when it hits. When I fire the 50 cal, 20mm or even the 37mm from the Il2 3M the splashes are barely visible. When bullet or cannon round hits the water there is no doubt about it. It really leaves a big spash with a cloud of spray around it. Does anyone have a film or picture to upload here to show what it really looks like? The splashes for the MK108 are great(and the 103). I know that these fire HE rounds which do make a difference but we need something more visible for the other calibers also.

Choctaw111
01-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I really appreciate the water splashes for the small caliber machine guns being "fixed" but I was wondering why the splashes from the small caliber guns is now more visible than the 50 cal, 20mm and even the non HE large cannon rounds. The bigger the round (with some velocity figured in) the larger the splash. A projectile traveling at supersonic speed really churn up the water when it hits. When I fire the 50 cal, 20mm or even the 37mm from the Il2 3M the splashes are barely visible. When bullet or cannon round hits the water there is no doubt about it. It really leaves a big spash with a cloud of spray around it. Does anyone have a film or picture to upload here to show what it really looks like? The splashes for the MK108 are great(and the 103). I know that these fire HE rounds which do make a difference but we need something more visible for the other calibers also.