PDA

View Full Version : Contextual camera!

AbbeyMaine
03-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Is there any way to turn off that god awful contextual camera thing when playing on PC? I'm in the Assassin's Tomb in Forli, and I need to do a bunch of quick moves to get through the gate before it closes. But the damn contextual camera makes it virtually impossible to coordinate the jumps quickly. It changes the camera position so I can't aim at all. It seriously makes me want to claw out my eyeballs in frustration. How do I turn off that damn thing?

[edit: removed swearing from title]

Murcuseo
03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Sorry, you can't.

vorenus73
03-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I remember that one... took me a WHILE!

AbbeyMaine
03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm about to take this game and throw it in the garbage.

ThaWhistle
03-01-2011, 04:24 PM
the contextual camera adds literally NOTHING to the game, its just an annoyance.

HAving not played ACB, I don't know if its still there, but it had better not be in AC3, because as I said, it added nothing, and just made things aggrivating. It is somewhat easy enough to get a hang of, but even then, when you do screw up, is annoying.

Gyro458
03-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I just did an Assassin Tomb, then a Lair of Romulus.

In Forlí it took me 30 minutes to get past some chimney-climbing bit cause it was impossible with the cam.

In AC Brotherhood, it was much easier. I think that the context. cam. was there but not that often and not that annoying. Plus when you have to jump from ledge to ledge (chimney climbing [-_-]) you actually hit the target 99% of the time, compared to the 10% in AC2.

In short, it was greatly improved.