PDA

View Full Version : Please READ EUGEN

BuCk_sKiLs
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I dont know about the PC but 2v2 on the PS3 theres a 50 unit cap are you JOKING or WHAT please update it to at least 150

Arrowhead2k6
09-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Uhm, I'm guessing there's a good reason for the cap. Consoles have limited resources and power compared to most PCs.

Fraggie001
09-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Post like this all over the forum, even with a reply from eugen why there is a pop cap.

Im sure its eazy to find the other post and read em http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PersianImm0rtal
09-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Thats why you should have invested in a PC. Instead of a console which is basically just an overpriced crappy PC, that can only play games, and nothing else.

AeroForceOne203
09-09-2010, 05:08 AM
I really dont mind the unit cap anymore. The only thing that bothers me that people like this guy keep complaining and cant keep their mouths shut

JamesDSidious
09-09-2010, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by PersianImm0rtal:
Thats why you should have invested in a PC. Instead of a console which is basically just an overpriced crappy PC, that can only play games, and nothing else.

and you are?

evizaer
09-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by BuCk_sKiLs:
I dont know about the PC but 2v2 on the PS3 theres a 50 unit cap are you JOKING or WHAT please update it to at least 150

You should almost never have a good reason to accumulate more than 50 units in a reasonable RUSE match. If you do, someone is not playing well.

AverageSoldier
09-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by BuCk_sKiLs:
Again and again it seems people don't quite undertand tha quality of ruse, and the quality is that spam never wins. No matter how much u spam the counter that can be half the amount used right will outright destroy it. I have done it before, im sure everyone has and it is damn right fun. Point is...even a quanity faction like USSR snt going too need 150 unit cap, Use your units wisely and 50 is alot in my opinion.

MaDeToFaDe
09-09-2010, 05:49 AM
The unit cap is fine. You maybe forgetting buck skills? That it has nothing to-do with Eugen.. it's the console you play ruse on. Maybe if there a RUSE 2 (I doubt) but maybe then they could squeeze a little more out of the console version.

I kinda get the feeling Eugen are not intrested in the console side of things.

xX_Fr0st-W0lf_X
09-09-2010, 02:49 PM
I hate having a limitation on units which is if I get it will be on PC, and for those who say consoles are ****, they aren't I have all games on my ps3 except gmod tf2 css and if I do get it RUSE, the ps3 is epic but I guesse they were not intrested to much in consoles

cable_dawg602
09-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I like the pop cap personally, at first I didn't like the fact that it took so long to get resources to get the combat going but I like having to manage my resources better, in titles like C&C deathmatches would end up who could built the most of what in the shortest amount of time, taking strategy out of the picture, I think it's a pretty good countermeasure for console users keeping it a strategy game and not an arcadish spam fest of who can built the most tank factories and send the most tanks or planes.

cable_dawg602
09-09-2010, 04:20 PM
in 2v2 You're going to have to work with your partner to manage your pop cap that's all instead of building a generic army with everything maybe you and your partner can split divisions etc, one make infantry and tanks while the other partner makes planes and artillery

If I could make a suggestion maybe Eugen could make multiplayer similar to EndWar as far as which faction is controlling which part of the world axis and allied, with the individual factions in between, with the goal being overtime, to gain X% of the entire map controlled instead of just random skirmishes and instead of it being global maybe just small leagues like in sports games.Then schedule turns to see which fronts advanced and which ones fell back etc. Control of certain regions could maybe provide a resource bonus at the beginning of a battle etc.

BuCk_sKiLs
09-09-2010, 06:30 PM
well see what me and my buddy does is hes all air and anti air while im all ground units and i cant ever push forward bc of not enough units

any tips

Ehrfurcht
09-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Will there eventually be a system link mode for the consoles?

Liquid Cheese
09-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't mind the unit cap near as much as the time limit. The game really needs an unlimited time option. The unit cap can be managed if you plan correctly.

cable_dawg602
09-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Cheesewiz99:
I don't mind the unit cap near as much as the time limit. The game really needs an unlimited time option. The unit cap can be managed if you plan correctly.

It does seem a bit hampering, I mean i like how the game is a bit slow as far as building of resources to give players a time to think about and pick a strategy of how he is going to attack without blitzing the controller to combat spam rushes I mean if you build 400 dollars of rush units and get punished you could be left for a huge counter attack. But I agree the time limit does kinda hamper the strategy especially against two players going back and forth fighting for field position.

I could see how this could be an issue in ranked games, but at least unranked and other modes like against the A.I it shouldn't be a problem. Also would be a neat feature to be able to record games and upload them to a server to continue to build a strong community for the game. (of course I could see how a time limit would be key to how much of a match could be recorded etc.