PDA

View Full Version : A request for Ubisoft, regarding PC versions of AC games

AubreyWilborn
05-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Please, no more "surprise" delays. If you're gonna delay a game until spring SAY SO RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING! Right when the game is announced.

I see you guys have announced that all three versions of ACR are gonna drop at the same time. You really shouldn't say that unless it's true. PC fans of the AC series will be more forgiving of delays, if Ubisoft didn't always announce a november release for all three platforms.

If y'all are gonna delay the game till spring, SAY SO right up front. Mr. Shade, please pass along this info to your bosses.

Michaeljcox24
05-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Here here!

thornebrook
05-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Agreed. I don't mind the wait, Ubi usually makes it worth the wait for PC players, but a little clarity with regard to release dates would be wonderful.

Razrback16
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
I support this post 100%. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

While it's not "ok" that they delay the superior PC version, I would certainly prefer to know earlier rather than later.

spectatorx
05-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Guys, you are partially right. Yes, ubisoft should to release PC version same time as console versions, but... they should to create games like it is going with battlefield 3: firstly create the game for pc platform, after you made this optimize it for consoles.

And this way all developers would make customers/gamers happy on all platforms.

Razrback16
05-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by spectatorx:
Guys, you are partially right. Yes, ubisoft should to release PC version same time as console versions, but... they should to create games like it is going with battlefield 3: firstly create the game for pc platform, after you made this optimize it for consoles.

Then the console users would be angry at the delay like we have been. But I agree with your premise. The game should be developed for the superior PC platform first, and then dumbed down so the consoles can handle it.

iMBUE_
05-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Then the console users would be angry at the delay like we have been. But I agree with your premise. The game should be developed for the superior PC platform first, and then dumbed down so the consoles can handle it.

While I think every PC gamer thinks this way, the major companies behind the games only think one way, in dollar bills.

It is very likely we will see "our" version of the game released far passed the announced release date. As in, next March.

MrPieBSc
05-17-2011, 04:55 AM
My take is on it like this. Companies want to make money because well they need to pay developers to make a living and also carry on investing time into GOOD sequels. And as sad as i am to say this they will most likely make more sales on the console versions (taking in the xbox and ps3 user bases and merging them into one fat number) So its more logical to think properly and develop it for the consoles first. To be honest i would rather the PC version came late so they can optimize it and make it less of a console port so i can enjoy the game. You would know this if you were the person trying to keep your business running. It's a sad fact but its true.

TheLeoCrow
05-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I too don't mind the delay, but the "last minute delay" is the worst. Of course i know the new one will be delayed as well so why do they bother announcing that it will be released at the same time as consoles is beyond me. If they announce up front that the pc version will be released six months after the consoles, some people would still be angry but most people would feel easier knowing when they will get it, without unnecessary delays

sassinscreed
05-29-2011, 02:27 PM
i don't care if pc version is released later then consoles i can wait but it is really annoying when they say it will be same day as consoles(but they know it wont) and delay it later

kalo.yanis
05-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Absolutely agree!!!

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spectatorx:

Then the console users would be angry at the delay like we have been. But I agree with your premise. The game should be developed for the superior PC platform first, and then dumbed down so the consoles can handle it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ac3 will be in Ps4 and xBox720 so i don't believe PC will be better than http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

lockerxzx
05-30-2011, 05:36 PM
IMO the game will not be delayed on PC since AC:R is being developed by 6 major Ubisoft departments together. That's a huge commitment to this game, ubisoft will make it on time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ThaWhistle
05-30-2011, 11:42 PM
only time will tell, but I will not be suprised if we get shafted again. If we don't well, all the better.

Murcuseo
05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by lockerxzx:
IMO the game will not be delayed on PC since AC:R is being developed by 6 major Ubisoft departments together. That's a huge commitment to this game, ubisoft will make it on time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I think they had similar resources working on AC:B as well. I could be wrong though.

Think about it this way, if we don't we'll have gotten 2 games in the space of 8 months.

I think the delay is pretty much guaranteed. It would be nice to be wrong.

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lockerxzx:

I think they had similar resources working on AC:B as well. I could be wrong though.

Think about it this way, if we don't we'll have gotten 2 games in the space of 8 months.

I think the delay is pretty much guaranteed. It would be nice to be wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Ac2 they had 3 studios... for AcB i don't know..

BomBerA
06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I think that Massive might be working on the PC version because I read that they have only made PC games but it's a guess and I'm not sure.

Windrius
06-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by lockerxzx:

6 major Ubisoft deparments - 0 PC developers.

Originally posted by Robson19822009:

I think the delay is pretty much guaranteed. It would be nice to be wrong.

I think if someone just ported PS3 or XBOX360 OS into a PC it would be way easier.

Black_Widow9
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Windrius:
I think if someone just ported PS3 or XBOX360 OS into a PC it would be way easier.

I think most PC players would not want this you will find. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

superharek
06-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Also would be great to release Templar lairs for AC2 for everyone to buy,like on consoles,while on PC only those who has the game on steam can "upgrade" it to the special edition and get the templar lairs,while ppl like me with retail versions of the game have no way of getting them.Its not FAIR!

salad10203
06-09-2011, 05:13 PM
/Agreed, I have loved the previous games but hate being the lack of communication on release dates etc.