PDA

View Full Version : Default Character

BurningGeneral
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Hello, it's me again.

Is there a possibility to create an own, default character out of all the clothes that are used int the game?
I mean that one can choose which beard, which hat and which jacket....

Groucho2
10-20-2009, 03:30 PM
I believe you can change the player mesh to one of the meshes already in the game and you can select the different skins available.

This would mean that if you could edit the skins textures you could create new looking stuff but I'm not sure how you can use edited skins. They are all zipped up in the .pak(.rpak)files so I'm not sure if or how you could change them and use them.

As for bringing in totally new meshes created in a modeling program and using them to replace the character I don't know if that's possible. I don't think you can use the built in player animations on a imported model so you would have to create all new animations then I don't know how you would get the game engine to use the new ones instead of the built in ones.

If this is possible I would love to see a tutorial on how to do it!

BurningGeneral
10-21-2009, 04:56 AM
Thanks.

seir
10-22-2009, 01:59 AM
You can change player skin in player selection action so when you will select model with skin "Peasant" you'll play as peasant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wookash_b
10-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Is it possible to mix Ray's and Thomas's gameplay mechanics for example Rays's gunfire skills (two guns, dynamite, concentration mode) but give him ability to jump onto and climb onto objects like Thomas does? What I am basically asking for is Ray + jump and climb ability http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

seir
10-28-2009, 02:44 AM
No, it isn't set in the editor.

Zancara
11-06-2009, 03:46 PM
I have created a man_speciel.skn file with a few new styles for the sheriff and others charaters. In Man.skn have I inserted this line:

!include("man_speciel.skn")

Then created some new temples in the SknTemplates\accesories directory.

This works fine in SP mode but I'm not sure that it will come with the pak file when You publish Your map. Hope that Seir can give us an answer on that.

seir
11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
It won't be included in pack because you modified game's file that is already in file system for every game owner. Actually I didn't try that so you can check it. Maybe it will override old file but in my opinion that's not possible.

Zancara
11-06-2009, 05:31 PM
The only file I have changed is Man.skn but it is placed as a new file in data\Characters\Man with all my own files.

Is it posible to use act_InstantAction -> InstantCoj2RHChangeSkinHack because then You only use Your own files.

I have tried it in the maps cStartAction function and that worked. But it will still depend on pak file.

I can't test it because I won't publish these maps before they are finished.

Groucho2
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Zancara:
The only file I have changed is Man.skn but it is placed as a new file in data\Characters\Man with all my own files.

Is it posible to use act_InstantAction -> InstantCoj2RHChangeSkinHack because then You only use Your own files.

I have tried it in the maps cStartAction function and that worked. But it will still depend on pak file.

I can't test it because I won't publish these maps before they are finished.

Zancara,

I'm in the process of learning all I can about modding/editing in Chrome v4 and I just want to make sure I understand exactly what is going on here.

I realize that gameplay mechanics or what new user created skins are available can't be set or changed in the editor itself but what is being discussed here is editing other files outside of the editor such as script files with notepad, am I correct?

If it is possible to edit these files and change the gameplay for the levels we create could someone explain where these files need to go so they will work on our levels?

To clarify what's being discussed here is the main games files are zipped up in rpak files which I believe we cannot open or edit but when we create a level and publish it in the editor it creates a .pak file but it does not update the files that you edited so they will not be included in the .pak, is that correct?

If it is correct can we just place the edited files in the correct location in the map folder or after we download the map can we unzip the .pak replace the files and zip it back up and change the file extension back to .pak?

Sorry if this is a stupid question to some of you, I'm just trying to learn how it's all tied together.

Zancara
11-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Dear Croucho2.

This is very difficult to explain and it don't work 100 procent right now because the game freezes when you fight against other charaters but I'll get back to You when it works 100 procent. Be patient