PDA

View Full Version : (OT) What would you do if..

k0br4
12-14-2010, 11:53 AM
A worldwide disaster where 75% of the population are killed, after the disaster there will be no power, very little water, very little food and armed gangs roam the streets..

Your mission will be to survive, and we'll be doing this in chapters.. I'll decide when the next chapter starts..

Chapter 1: What supplies would you collect 12 hours BEFORE the disaster to last for 12 hours AFTER the disaster?..

Rules: Items must be real
Must be readily available
You can only collect as much as you can carry on your person (Bags may be used)

I will start..

I would firstly start by finding a large rucksack then I'd gather long lasting food, tinned food, snacks, chocolate, tea bags, bottled water. I'd then gather plasters, dressings, antiseptic and bandages, I'd then move on to clothing and would gather whatever I could find into my pack.

itsamea-mario
12-14-2010, 12:14 PM
well, duh those are pretty obvious, can i not just 'find' a truck, and put everything in that.

if not then, rucksack, and anyother kind of bag i could carry aswell, tinned food, maybe some water purification chemicals, ready eat meals(you know the dehydrated ones in really small packages.
soap, cause cleanliness is next to godliness. few clothes, probably two pairs of footwear, just incase.
VERY practical clothes.
first aid kit, antiseptic and painkillers.
then i'd move on to things i could possibly use as weapons.
knife is a must. maybe a hammer because it can have other purposes.
i have a smallish crossbow.
can i steal things?
iff so i'd got to the hunting shop near by and 'find' a rifle.

magesupermaster
12-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I would start by finding a sturdy backpack, then I would look for tinned food, bottled water and food supplements(Just in case).
A bar of soap or some shampoo.
some clothes and a spare pair of shoes.
A small weapon capable of defending me like a swiss knife(Should really come in handy).
Bandages, antiseptic and a first aid kit.
A lighter and a flashlight.
And some sort of entertainment.

RunnerGroucho
12-14-2010, 12:38 PM
I'll just need a gun. With that, I can help myself to everybody else's resources.

Xanatos2007
12-14-2010, 01:10 PM
What if they have bigger guns? What if they have more people with guns? What if it's Mikhail?

k0br4
12-14-2010, 01:31 PM
can i steal things?

Yes, you may.

Reign
12-14-2010, 02:10 PM
I will start mine but am curious is this disaster that is known i.e. a hurricane or weather event that can be seen and tracked or an unseen disaster that catches everyone off guard. I am guessing law will still be in place until after the disaster so I will get my supplies without stealing for now.

Hikers pack, fire starter, and a pup tent - would be bought before disaster. (Stolen if needed depending on above.)

Water - bottled water taken from our business for the time being, usually 6 or more cases lying around. Fire to purify water as needed.

Food - I have two cases of MRE's left over from Hurricane Ike a few of those rationed properly are well more than 12 days of food.

Clothes - 2 sets (I live in Texas the it can be snowing or be over 100 deg. F depending on time of year) one set to keep warm one set to keep cool. One pair of durable shoes.

Shelter - tent from above and one of the sleeping bags from around the house.

Protection - one hunting rifle and or pistol (have already) and as many rounds as I can carry to start off with.

Tools - sharp skinning knife, hatchet, whet stone, first aid kit and hand crank emergency radio.

Edited: As many packs of smokes as I can carry too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

k0br4
12-14-2010, 02:41 PM
is this disaster that is known

Ok for ARGUMENTS sake this is a disaster that was known about but could not be prevented, for example, a massive meteor..

Like all the replies so far..

Chapter 2: The disaster has occured, you survived. Night is falling and you need a shelter..

Rules: Any manmade materials used are damaged.
Manmade structures may be used but are HIGHLY DANGEROUS.

I would move out of the city and find a wooded area, purely because I don't trust anyone. I'd start by finding somewhere highly inaccesible and set up camp there using natural resources, I'd camoflague the area and sit quietly till dawn, taking in my surroundings..

magesupermaster
12-14-2010, 02:56 PM
I would do the same as k0br4 , but I'll also construct small traps in case of animals or snooping survivors.
I'll try to keep low while doing so.

Will we meet a survivor sometime soon?

k0br4
12-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Perhaps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

tyrce111
12-15-2010, 06:07 AM
I would find a good cave near a fresh water quarry, some forest and an easily climable cliff surroundingthe small lake for a viewpoint...
I would make sure there are no shallow areas of the quarry ad no sharp objects or logs in there and practice my diving...

Get to know the area for a quick escape riot should anything happen...

TheSpectator
12-15-2010, 06:36 AM
I would go someone i'm familiar with, construct my camo tent fortress and eat some pre meteor cooked wildlife and since i joined the thread late when night falled i would sneek up to kobr4's camp disguised as a tree and steal myself some baked beans. Though I would probably fail since you had taken in your surroundings and had noticed a very suspicious burnt tree heading towards you and I decided to **** bolt.

k0br4
12-15-2010, 06:52 AM
LOL..

Chapter 3: You survive the first night. As dawn breaks you hear gunfire nearby, you investigate and discover a group of civilians engaged in a fierce firefight with a much smaller group of wounded and ill equipped military personnel.. What do you do?

Rules: No rules here, just be sensible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Best reply picks the "next chapter".

TheSpectator
12-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Because i'm evil http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif i let the gruesome firefight continue. There are huge losses on both sides and there is only one soldier left against a female smoking hot civilian babe. The soldier has come to the realization that he will not survive this battle so he pulls the pin on his last grenade and starts running on a suicidal path towards the hot chick. She is wounded and is unable to escape so she fires her last two bullets at the soldier but to no avail, he continues his suicidal path of doom.

Suddenly she hears a piercing sound of steel cutting through air at unimaginable speeds. BANG! The grenade has detonated and as the dust clears it seems the soldier never made it to his target. The woman has bits of the soldier splattered all over her face, but it bears a strange scent the scent of BAKED BEANS!!!!!

Out of the shadows appears her savior, it is THE SPECTATOR!!! He walks over to her and whispers erotically in her ear, "I totally get boob for this".

I'm sensible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

k0br4
12-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Haha!.. Love it..

TheSpectator
12-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Bump

tyrce111
12-16-2010, 04:12 AM
I would get the militants in a sleeper hold while dragging them into bushes, so I don't kill them...
I would then introduce myself to the civilians and get some guns for my new friends.
After they gain my trust...
I will bring then back to my creek and let them set up camp.

k0br4
12-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Ok, I'm probably gonna go with TheSpectator seeing as how it made me laugh..

You pick the next topic.. Then pick best reply and so on, you get the idea..

tyrce111
12-17-2010, 01:36 AM
k0br4

Its been a day now...
I think we should move on and you should create another chapter...