PDA

View Full Version : What does Desmond have to do? *spoliers*

treyreece
11-27-2011, 03:49 PM
At the end of AC:R Desmond says "I know what we have to do." .... I assume it has to be about getting the apple from Masyaf (that Ezio decided to not take in the last sequence)? But if he gets that one aren't there dozens more to get, if they need all of them?
Also, there is a temple or something somewhere around NYC? What is suppose to be there?

Agentbarto
11-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Well first off he needs to take a shower and shave, can't save the world after waking up from a coma without some prep work.

In all seriousness though probably access the Grand Temple. How exactly... well thats anyone guess. (I don't think even Desmond knows how)

S-EVANS
11-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Well the landscape at the end matches the location where the remains of the city where the first civilization lived...

What exactly he has to ?

Watch THIS... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfhPoA0t9Nc) Video (timeframe 2:23) pay attention to the circular building on the left and then watch what happens to the ground around it as the world rebuilds itself.

Hover your mouse cursor on the structure as you watch the land reform itself and notice whats there at the end...

dchil279
11-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
Well the landscape at the end matches the location where the remains of the city where the first civilization lived...

What exactly he has to ?

Watch THIS... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfhPoA0t9Nc) Video (timeframe 2:23) pay attention to the circular building on the left and then watch what happens to the ground around it as the world rebuilds itself.

Hover your mouse cursor on the structure as you watch the land reform itself and notice whats there at the end...
so that was like the temple and stuff and now its under a hill and we needz to go into it

orionsrise
11-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Maybe I'm being an uber nerd here but at the end of the DaVinci dlc we recieved the coordinates for this grand temple. The location has been posted many times on this forum but they take you to a place in Upstate N.Y. called Turin. Now I live pretty close to this spot and took a little road trip to this little place and this I know, nothing in the video matches the area. Now I know there are a million things to nit pick then this but I was kinda looking forward to the devs including this little out of the way town in the plan to save the world and finding out some cool history about an area just down the road from me.

S-EVANS
11-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Heres a extended video which should if nothing else provide more ideas and it does appear that the location is where desmond must go... the structure looks to be the entrance to the temple and the statues in the modern city use to stand on top if it...

View the extended video footage... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKx6L8u8V6Q&feature=related)

Schmagelborfer
11-28-2011, 03:23 AM
i'm confused about the end of brotherhood, it shows Ezio hide the apple under the coloseum, i was thinkin that would've been the final mission in ACR, ezio also revisits Monterrigioni, i thought maybe that might've been a "tomb" in ACR but i was mislead

S-EVANS
11-28-2011, 03:32 AM
i think each version ending, is a result of a different possible solution to that TWCB were searching for and all the data was transmitted to a single location for study, and the answers are there for desmond to discover...

As far as TWCB are concerned they found the solution to a degree but time wasnt on their side and whilst for the most part the information required to save the world is present certain factors remain a mystery...

and so they are using selected members of civilization to continue to find the solution and protect life so to speak. and the things you and most of us are confused about will be explained when we view it all together.

In the meantime im working overtime trying to predict what that information is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

RzaRecta357
11-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Desmond knows he has to go to the main temple that housed the "fix" for this solar flare.

Altair's apple is most likely blown up and destroyed by the templars.