PDA

View Full Version : AC would make a badass movie

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Just sayin'.

RipYourSpineOut
12-29-2010, 06:14 PM
We shouldn't risk it. The Assassin's Creed franchise seems to be doing almost everything right so far. Games becoming movies have never really had a good outcome. I say Assassin's Creed should just stay a game.

Ass4ssin8me
12-29-2010, 07:12 PM
I agree it should stay a game. Also the story, is so complex the producers would have to leave a lot of important stuff out, and I can see the story being ruined.

monkeyuncle8
12-29-2010, 07:42 PM
it is its called lineage, look it up on youtube

CamoDawgzz
12-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
We shouldn't risk it. The Assassin's Creed franchise seems to be doing almost everything right so far. Games becoming movies have never really had a good outcome. I say Assassin's Creed should just stay a game.
Well they did the same for Prince of Persia and that movie turned out pretty good.

Xanatos2007
12-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
it is its called lineage, look it up on youtube
Longest commercial ever.

drizzit986
12-30-2010, 02:36 AM
They could do an AC trilogy after the 3rd AC comes out. The biggest problem that I see is that it will cost a couple hundred mil each because of the special effects and such. It would be nice to have it done, but I dont think its a risk they can take in this economy.

CharDude
12-30-2010, 02:40 AM
I loved Lineage. It was such a great homage to the stuff we played in the games. The problem is that it was an independent effort. If AC were to become a big Hollywood movie, we would lose quite a bit of that faithful production that made Lineage so great. So, I don't think it should be made into a movie. At least not right now.

Alexbart1991
12-30-2010, 03:07 AM
Well part of the intrigue of AC are all the little clues and hints lying around in Eagle Vision or just in another character's dialogue.

Plus the parts out of the animus would probably be cut by some clueless movie director who thinks they're too short and not important.

Actually worse case scenario: They remove the animus part entirely and make entirely historical instead of the mixed in sci-fi. That's what hooked me on the series and convinced me what I did in the animus was important. The whole premise is just really interesting and I think AC wouldn't be quite as good story-wise without the animus.

kriegerdesgottes
12-30-2010, 04:18 AM
We shouldn't risk it. The Assassin's Creed franchise seems to be doing almost everything right so far. Games becoming movies have never really had a good outcome. I say Assassin's Creed should just stay a game. I would've disagreed with this a year ago but after seeing the rape of Prince of Persia I totally agree. AC is probably better off just being a totally amazing game.

MyloMcLovin
12-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Games are movies, in a way. All those cut scenes and clips. Your basicly wactching a movie and then you play all the kick *** bits. But i will admit, i say all the time o this would make a great movie. But when you sit there thiking about it your like nahhhhhh lol when a franchise is doing well then you should carry on down that path. It would be like Mcdonalds making a movie. Dont quote me on that though lol

Grandmaster_Z
12-30-2010, 06:44 AM
prince of persia movie sucked!

Xanatos2007
12-30-2010, 07:33 AM
It's important to understand that videogames are a new artform that we've only just begun to explore the potential of. And just like other artforms (paintings, sculptures, books, film, plays, music, etc) there are many things that just don't work in any other medium. Can you imagine a film adaption of the Mona Lisa? We'd think the developers were all barking mad. Videogames offer completely new ways of artistic expression; interactive storytelling and a near limitless array of tools for crafting an experience. And they require a completely different approach & skillset to movies, which many film directors fail to understand. Games-movies have a history of being dismal failures, Hollywood just seems inherently incompatible with videogame stories for some reason. Even the most cinematic games which would make for a good film end up failing. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, for example, is a shining example of what a properly crafted cinematic game should be and is one of the few games I can see being turned into a movie. And after learning that there is a K&L movie in production I can already see that the producers have failed before shooting has even commenced. So if Hollywood can't handle a simple cinematic game such as K&L I'd hate to see how they'd butcher AC.

I think I rambled on a bit more about games as art in my Amnesia review. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2291046388/p/66)

Ru1986
12-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Games that become films never a good idea IMO. Look at Street Fighter.

RH3SUS
05-16-2011, 04:38 PM
It's coming!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118037076

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

on the other hand, i'm scared..

Gasketfuse
05-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Well it wouldn't be messed up by some movie director or something like everyone's saying because Ubisoft are making it themselves.

RH3SUS
05-16-2011, 05:18 PM
My choice for a director would be: Alfonso Cuarón, David Fincher or Gore Verbinski (in that order)

I think they'd handle the story correctly and keep the right tone.

Blind2Society
05-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Games becoming movies have never really had a good outcome. I say Assassin's Creed should just stay a game.
Right?!? Look what happened to Resident Evil.

MagicalZero ko
05-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by RH3SUS:
It's coming!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118037076

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

on the other hand, i'm scared.. Darn beat me to it.

RzaRecta357
05-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Prince of Persia was TERRIBLE and cheesy and NOTHING like the games. It even had those upbeat music disney moments when riding and what not.

Then like I said in the other topic. The bad guy walks into a room of people training SO CHEESY it's insane. It's JUST like the Waynes World movie when Wayne walks into a room of people training and it's supposed to be a joke.

xCr0wnedNorris
05-16-2011, 07:28 PM
If and only if the entire was CGI and not live action along with being written by the story writers for the games. If not then LAMENESS.

RH3SUS
05-16-2011, 07:57 PM
I hope Ubisoft distances from Bruckheimer this time. From Michael Bay too.

Azugo
05-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Uncharted and Red Dead Redemption are being made into movies...

ShaneO7K
05-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Uncharted and Red Dead Redemption are being made into movies... Uncharted alreadys looks kind of "meh", though RDR could be interesting.

iN3krO
05-17-2011, 07:36 AM
I hate RE games and i love the movies....

plus:

Baronnet said Ubisoft Motion Pictures has been working with the games' producers and Ubisoft's marketing team to identify the DNA of each game and come up with storylines that are consistent.

"Our strategy is not to diversify but to bolster the appeal of our franchises -- that's why we want to make sure our films will reflect the brands accurately and consolidate our fan base while expanding beyond the games' primary target audience," de Rivieres said.

We are used to see movies that have nothing to do with the company and that's why they often are crap (like max payne movie -.-'' )... Valve already stated if half life had a movie it would be made by them and not by any studio and i aproves that ubisoft is trying to do a movie it self... i hope as for gaming, they get the best men in the world to make the films and i hope the films just follow the story line of the game (ac1 -> ac2 -> acb -> acr)

DavidPV86
05-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Uncharted is probable the only game that would fit into a movie these days

And as much I REALLY like this franchise, I dont see a good movie coming of it

Blind2Society
05-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Most games made into movies will suck, save for those that are already mindless visual treats. The way I see it movies exist for the sole purpose of inciting emotion in the viewer. The wider range of emotion felt the better the movie(in most case).

That being said, out of all the people who make movies nowadays, those who care more about the quality of the story, and evoking a good amount of the right emotions are rare when compared to those who care more about raking in mountains of cash (the fact that it works says something about the people watching the movies).

There are many emotions a movie maker/writer can use but by far the easiest is andrenaline and excitement as it requires the least amount of effort and creativity(and money pressumably). That is why movies are generally streering in the direction they are and why AC fans are so reluctant to see an AC movie.

gamertam
05-19-2011, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Gasketfuse:
Well it wouldn't be messed up by some movie director or something like everyone's saying because Ubisoft are making it themselves.

i agree, here's the article clearly explained it.click me (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=77587)

so yes, when the movie launch. I'll be there with a tub of popcorn and soda.