PDA

View Full Version : Cristina Memories vs Altair Memories (ACB Spoilers)

ACSineQuaNon
12-03-2011, 05:34 PM
The Cristina Memories were one of the many new additions in Brotherhood that made it, imo, worthy of a GOTY nomination. They were well-crafted, had a sense of urgency, and did a magnificent job in adding depth to Ezio. Each memory felt like a defining moment in his life. If they had been AC2, AC2 would have gone up from a 9.3/10 to a 9.9; they were really that good.

The question is, do the Cristina Memories trump the Altair Memories of Revelations? None of Altair's Memories impacted me emotionally as Cristina's did. The second Cristina memory in which Ezio and her bury his father and brothers is my favorite mission in Ezio's triogy. The Altair Memories were also approximately the same length as Cristina's, perhaps even shorter.

Which ones did you like most?

rileypoole1234
12-03-2011, 05:42 PM
*Spoilers* The one where Altair died made me very sad actually. Just an old man, he goes into his library, sits down, and just dies. Such a lonely way for Altair to go out. I think overall the Altair and Cristina are tied with me. I like them both very much.

ACSineQuaNon
12-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
*Spoilers* The one where Altair died made me very sad actually. Just an old man, he goes into his library, sits down, and just dies. Such a lonely way for Altair to go out. I think overall the Altair and Cristina are tied with me. I like them both very much.

Yeah, I actually really liked that one too. I thought it was a fitting, powerful way for Altair to die. It truly evinced Altair's transformation from an arrogant, brotherhood-compromising Assassin to a loving father and protector. Yet, if I had to pick the burial of Ezio + his and Cristina's goodbye or the death of Altair, I'd have to choose the former.

iNvid22
12-03-2011, 06:04 PM
cristina memories were better imo

E-Zekiel
12-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Cristina memories, I think. Because they painted an overall story. Alta´r memories were a little more disjointed and depictions of key moments in life, moreso than painting an overall story.

Lurker178
12-03-2011, 06:49 PM
The Altair memories. The Christina memories were nice, but they weren't as entertaining as the Altair memories.

ACSineQuaNon
12-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Cristina memories, I think. Because they painted an overall story. Alta´r memories were a little more disjointed and depictions of key moments in life, moreso than painting an overall story.

That's the way I feel too. In general, the Altair memories disappointed me in that Ubisoft marketed them as 30-40 minutes each. The last 2 keys essentially consisted of 5 minute walks. The jarring timeskips also didn't help.

ACSineQuaNon
12-03-2011, 06:53 PM
woops double post

ACSineQuaNon
12-03-2011, 06:53 PM
woops triple post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

rileypoole1234
12-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:

I'm pretty sure that's against the rules...

ACSineQuaNon
12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:

I'm pretty sure that's against the rules... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was an accident. I don't think I've even made 10 forum posts, so I'm still getting used to the buttons.

Sarari
12-03-2011, 11:05 PM
As someone said above, the saddest and maybe best Altair mission is when he died. As foolish as I was, I looked it up on youtube before I got the game and spoiled it for myself. I wish I had never ever done that. A big regret for this game.

Here's what I think about the memories:
Altair is my favorite assassin, so I was extremely glad we played as him. Some of his memories were very short, but some you were able to fight a decent amount of people, which I enjoyed. I think they failed to add the feeling of AC1 that goes along with Altair. They did make it mysterious and creepy, but not the Altair style. The only problem I had with his missions where you fight is that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR ASSASSIN FRIENDS KILLS THE GUARDS FOR YOU SO YOU CAN BARELY FIGHT.

Cristina missions were very well layed out. I like the one where you're in Venice. It brings back that whole AC2 feeling and it was absolutely fantastic. The last Cristina memory was nice, but it was very corny in the end, but still sad. The problem with that one is that she's getting beat up by guards, and then she runs away like nothing is wrong with her. Then the next thing I know, she's about to die. Still very good though.

Overall, I think I enjoyed the Cristina memories a little more, because they were able to capture the feeling of AC2. If the Altair memories got that feeling from AC1, then it would've chosen it as my favorite.

ACSineQuaNon
12-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:

Cristina missions were very well layed out. I like the one where you're in Venice. It brings back that whole AC2 feeling and it was absolutely fantastic. The last Cristina memory was nice, but it was very corny in the end, but still sad. The problem with that one is that she's getting beat up by guards, and then she runs away like nothing is wrong with her. Then the next thing I know, she's about to die. Still very good though.

Yeah, lol. That's pretty much the only problem I had with the Cristina memories. Once second she's running fine, the next she's dead. I'm guessing she bled to death somehow, and the developers got careless/forgot to add in the blood.

On a side note, I really admire the detail put into the Cristina memories. It's actually quite touching that the reason Ezio remembered them was because he saw a woman who looked like Cristina. Also, him running after her "ghost" in the loading screen before each mission really showcased the thought the mission writers put into them.