PDA

View Full Version : don't know if i should buy it, plz help

zuiker55
11-21-2007, 07:02 PM
i have looked forward to this game forever but now that it is actually out i have questions.
Mainly, i want to know what happens when u beat the game. Can u still play around? Is the game long? I need some info. what do u do?

Fastr77
11-21-2007, 07:12 PM
yes you can still play around after beating the game, it's not done in a great way but you can.

game has a decent length, not sure how many hours because it doesn't count.. but i'd guess between 10 and 15? maybe. of course thats doing everything and having as much fun as possible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you have a ps3, personally I wouldn't risk it until they have a downloadable patch out to fix the problems their having, if you have a 360, get in your car :P

shotty78
11-21-2007, 07:22 PM
I have a ps3 and didn't have one problem. This game's great. Length will depend on whether you blow through or explore more. Personally I've had no problems with my ps3 on any game and think it looks better on ps3. However I have 1080 HDTV so that helps too.

Fastr77
11-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm just saying if i had a ps3 I wouldn't gamble and buy it, just go read the .. what 40+ page topic about how bad it screws up on the ps3.

Wolfgare
11-21-2007, 07:27 PM
@zuiker
honestly, imo, if you've been waiting "forever" then you should deffinitly buy it. sure, some people are having problems with their discs (including 360 owners), but its an excellent game none the less and even after you beat the story theirs hours of more things for you to possibly do (like assassinating random townspeople, killing templars and guards, free-running, saving citizens, and collecting flags).
imo, its a very enjoyable game..

oh and i too have not had a single glitch/freeze/or tearing. the game runs beautifully for me. (i'm using ps3)

Royal.Mist
11-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Well I was quite excited about this game until I got it. It's an okay game but I'm not going to delve into a explanation. I recommend hiring it.

Kada-Dix
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM
If you're talking about the PS3 version then i'd say no, don't buy it.

I'm still in two minds as to whether to hold out for a patch to come out before I can no longer return the game for a refund or whether I should get a refund now and perhaps buy it again in the future.

If there were no crashes/hangs/freezes then I'd say go buy it today, it's not the game I thought it would be (or the hype suggested it may be) but it's certainly a very good, beautiful intriguing game

shotty78
11-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I agree with p8ntballer1105 , if you've been waiting forever then why not get this game. There was another forum about a gamestop employee who took home five games for each system, 360/ps3, and had a problem with 2/5 on each. So this isn't a ps3 problem or 360 one it is a problem with manufacturering. Buy the game if you encounter problems return it for another disk.

blarson11
11-21-2007, 10:55 PM
honestly, i would recommend renting it. if you have enough time to beat the game over the renting period, beat it, then run around for a while and see if you still enjoy it(then you buy). personally, i got bored really fast. im looking for all of the flags and templars, but that just doesnt hold my interest for very long at a time. the more i look back on it, the less i am extactic about my LE 70.00 dollar investment.

cooldude6681
11-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by blarson11:
honestly, i would recommend renting it. if you have enough time to beat the game over the renting period, beat it, then run around for a while and see if you still enjoy it(then you buy). personally, i got bored really fast. im looking for all of the flags and templars, but that just doesnt hold my interest for very long at a time. the more i look back on it, the less i am extactic about my LE 70.00 dollar investment. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Definitely rent it. I had enough time to play through the story (and complete every objective) twice before it was due back tonight. Rentals are a very good way to judge whether or not you want to buy a game.

stix489
11-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Dude...go buy it right this instant!!

I have mine on the PS3, and I haven't experienced one problem yet...no glitches, no freezing,no screen tearing, no crashes, and no bugs...None whatsoever!

If you don't like it, you can always return it...and if you do like it (like me and many others) then it's yours to keep!

I don't believe in renting when it comes to games...I just don't see the point. You have a limited time to finish and return it...meanwhile, if you buy a game, you could finish it, and return it if you please...it's also easier then renting and it secures you a copy! For example you rented a game and you ended up liking it...so you go to buy it but it's sold out...On the other hand if you buy it, you have both the option to keep it, or to return it...and your copy is secured...because it's right there!!

Again...you should go and buy the game right now...before it's too late!!

I, like many others, love this game! I give it a solid 10/10!

A_Bird_Of_Prey_
11-21-2007, 11:45 PM
OK Z can you please lock this thread . this has been asked toooooo many time. Every heard of the search function? well if not go and aquiant yourself with it.