PDA

View Full Version : need of historical information for online campaign

Pappy113
04-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Hello my name is Glenn Wade and i am the founder of the online campaign called Into the Rising Sun.

The campaign will be using various game engines to simulate the war in the pacific. Land,air, and ground combat will take place, some being simulated, and some being controlled by the members.

I am trying to make up a plane set that will take us through the entire war, using what is available in the given merged install of pf/il2.

i have a set put together but i am looking for more information or resources to make it as accurate as possible using what is given.

i need info for the following countries. the types of planes that flew inthe pacific and if at all possible some idea of the numbers involved.

United States
Britian
Australia
New Zealand
China
Japan
Netherlands

thank you all for any help i receive. I will be posting the site for teh campaign in a bit once it is alittle more ready.

If you are interested in helping in the campaign please contact me at sully123@suscom.net i appreciate any help that is given.

salute

Pappy113
04-08-2005, 01:47 PM
Hello my name is Glenn Wade and i am the founder of the online campaign called Into the Rising Sun.

The campaign will be using various game engines to simulate the war in the pacific. Land,air, and ground combat will take place, some being simulated, and some being controlled by the members.

I am trying to make up a plane set that will take us through the entire war, using what is available in the given merged install of pf/il2.

i have a set put together but i am looking for more information or resources to make it as accurate as possible using what is given.

i need info for the following countries. the types of planes that flew inthe pacific and if at all possible some idea of the numbers involved.

United States
Britian
Australia
New Zealand
China
Japan
Netherlands

thank you all for any help i receive. I will be posting the site for teh campaign in a bit once it is alittle more ready.

If you are interested in helping in the campaign please contact me at sully123@suscom.net i appreciate any help that is given.

salute

FltLt_HardBall
04-08-2005, 09:11 PM
New Zealand info - some good links.

Good starter (http://rnzaf.hobbyvista.com/)

More detailed resource (http://www.nzetc.org/projects/wh2/index.html)

I'm currently working on an RNZAF campaign. I recommend those two links.

Good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RAC_Pips
04-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Pappy, here is some info for you.

Australia
P-40 (various models):
operated by 8 squadrons (75, 876, 77, 78, 80, 82, 84, 86) from March 1942 to end of war, from Darwin through to Borneo

Spitfire V and VIII:
operated by 5 squadrons RAAF (452, 457, 54, 79, 85) and 2 RAF squadrons (548, 549), over Darwin, New Guinea, Halmaheras and Borneo.

Wirraway:
8 squadrons (4, 5, 12, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25) operated the Wirraway, in Malaya, Rabaul, New Guinea, Bougainville.

Boomerang:
Five squadrons (4, 5, 83, 84, 85) were equippped with the Boomerang but the only ones to use the it operationally. No.4 in New Guinea and No.5 over Bougainville.

Beaufort Mk. V, VII, VIII:
Eight squadrons (1, 2, 6, 8, 13, 14, 15, 100) used various versions from February '42 to early '45.

Beaufighter Mk.1c, V1c, X, XI and 21:
Five squadrons (30, 31, 22, 92, 93) operated it at various times from August '42 to war's end.

Mosquito FB.VI:
No. 1 squadron was the only unit to operate it, from February 1945 to wars end.

Hudson Mk's I, II, III, IV:
Operated by ten squadrons (1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 23, 24, 32) from Nov '40 to late '43.

Vultee Vengeance:
Five squadrons (21, 23, 24, 25, 27) operated the Vengeance for a short period from 1943 to late 1944.

Boston A-20A, C, G:
22 Squadron was the only operational RAAF unit to use the Boston, from November 1942 to February '45.

B-25J Mitchell;
No. 2 Squadron operated it from May 1944 to wars end.

B-24D, J Liberator:
Operated by 7 squadrons (12, 21, 23, 24, 25, 99, 102) from March '44 to wars end, plus No's 200 and 201 Special Duties Flight.

Note: As can be seen from the squadron numbers, several units used different aircraft at various times during the conflict.