PDA

View Full Version : Cannot disable new clouds...

BSS_Goat
06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
added the line (Typeclouds=0 or something)but the new cotton-ball clounds are still there.
Any help?

Tallyho1961
06-20-2005, 01:00 PM
That's supposed to do it.

I don't know if the config file is case-sensitive, but why not try TypeClouds=0 instead of Typeclouds=0 (capital 'C' in clouds) just in case.

Also, did you add the line to the [game] section of the file?

Finally, if you're online clouds are a server-side choice - you can't opt out.

-HH-Dubbo
06-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Additionally do not let a new line be created for the "TypeClouds=" line.
Put it at the end of the "game" section and where there was say 3 lines seperating the sections before, let it take up one of the lines so there is only 2 lines seperating the sections.(I had hit <enter> and created a new line under it and it didn't work til I deleted the extra line)

FI-Aflak
06-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by -HH-Dubbo:
Additionally do not let a new line be created for the "TypeClouds=" line.
Put it at the end of the "game" section and where there was say 3 lines seperating the sections before, let it take up one of the lines so there is only 2 lines seperating the sections.(I had hit <enter> and created a new line under it and it didn't work til I deleted the extra line)

Its strange that it is that finicky . . . . wonder how they wrote it? Probably like that cause it works faster than actually parsing the file completely . . .

clayman_52
06-21-2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys ... I had typed the "TypeClouds=" line at the top of the [game] section. Thus creating a new line.