PDA

View Full Version : New Game+

car362
11-13-2009, 08:39 PM
In a couple of recent releases like Prototype and Spiderman Web of Shadows, there has been a feature where after beating a game, you can replay the game with all of your stats and abilities. I'm wondering if AC2 will have this feature. I think it would be cool to start off the game again with all of your upgrades so more possibilities arise in the completion of a mission. Post what you think. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Irvinlr
11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
I think so. Why? Because there is a scene in the destiny trailer where Ezio tries to save his dad where he is unhooded and another video where he is hooded with the robes. But who knows though really. We'll have to wait and see.

car362
11-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I remember seeing a topic about that. It might just be Ubisoft messing with us though...

CRUDFACE
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Irvinlr:
I think so. Why? Because there is a scene in the destiny trailer where Ezio tries to save his dad where he is unhooded and another video where he is hooded with the robes. But who knows though really. We'll have to wait and see.

they changed it to the hodded one later on while the one without the hood was from an earlier trailer. I'd think it'd be cool for an extra, but however things go, we can still replay missions...hopefully, with everything we buy during Ezios life

EzioAssassin51
11-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Irvinlr:

I think that was a mistake http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Back to the topic... i personally love the idea! Not sure whether or not the game will have it (Probably not) but i have Prototype and i found the first few missions where you don't have as much of your powers when you first play it are easier with New game+ but go back to normal difficulty once i have gotten up to where i was last!

What else would be good is you would basically get the same amount of money from each mission if it was in AC2 right? So, this time around you could buy different things while you still have the others!

The only thing is with New Game+ in AC2 it might not be as fun because you would have already customize all if not most of your villa and your clothing so it would leave out doing that again which can be good or bad!

B-MAN_WARRIOR
11-14-2009, 01:32 AM
ac1 had a replay feature but you only got the abilities you had at that time. i think ac2 will be the same.

phimo123-FR
11-14-2009, 08:09 AM
New Game+ is not a new feature... I think Squaresoft (now Swuare-Enix) invented it with Chrono Trigger.

salted onions
11-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by B-MAN_WARRIOR:
ac1 had a replay feature but you only got the abilities you had at that time. i think ac2 will be the same.

Yeah but in AC1, they handed you the upgrades, and the upgrades weren't much aswell. Everyone had the same Altair.

In AC2, you have more freedom, more customization, and if we weren't able to keep our items at the end of the game, trying to customize our characters would just be a waste now would it?

adam_the_ant
11-14-2009, 08:39 AM
It would be nice if you were able to do this, instead of just doing free-roam after you completed the game, you could do the missions you liked the best. This could then open up the idea of what-if bonus levels.

caswallawn_2k7
11-14-2009, 09:15 AM
free roam would be more useful at the end as you have the full map open to go round and look for hidden items and locations and since a lot of the missions are not just for the main story they can leave them open at the end to be done.

Raghsak
11-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
free roam would be more useful at the end as you have the full map open to go round and look for hidden items and locations and since a lot of the missions are not just for the main story they can leave them open at the end to be done.

seconded. my favorite thing about GTA right there, and i look at this game as Assassin's creed with GTA elements in it. the good of GTA + the good of AC = a very good game.

Airadan
11-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I really hope this will happin.Hopefully their is enough customization and things to buy so you dont have all of it by completing the game once.