PDA

View Full Version : New units needed for Ar 234



JG54_Lukas
09-03-2006, 11:48 AM
With the coming of the Ar 234, we need to have the units comprising KG 76 added to the game (Stab, I., II., III., and IV.) plus the recon unit Fernaufklärungsgruppe 5. Otherwise, we won't have any historically correct units for this plane.

So, how about it?

MM-Zorin
09-03-2006, 03:53 PM
As there are new missions and campaigns including the Ar 234, I think they have taken care of this and included all the neccessary units.

flaysepulcrast
09-05-2006, 03:19 AM
I hope they can put 80 RAF Squadron too for some Marmaduke Pattle Gladiator action over Malta.

GerritJ9
09-05-2006, 05:24 AM
And while they are adding squadrons, consider adding a few NEI squadrons- the Dutch squadrons included in PF are those operating from Australia, but there are no NEI-based units. A few suggestions: 1-Vl.G-V, 2-Vl.G-V (Brewster); 1-Vl.G-IV (Hawk 75A-7); 2-Vl.G-IV (CW-21B and Hurricane IIB); 1-Vl.G-III (Glenn Martin B-10).

csThor
09-05-2006, 08:40 AM
I seriously doubt they'll add any units. I've asked more times than I care to remember, but it either fell through the priority filters or came too late. Since I don't think Ilya can add them himself - and knowing Maddox Games won't spend the time on them - I just don't see it happening.

LEXX_Luthor
09-05-2006, 10:06 AM
*bump*

This is one example of something that could be "opened" to modding for BoB And Beyond, at least the Offline version of the sim -- we can't allow the return of the Online Unit Exploit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Stab on a Slider, as the old webboard slogan says.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

anarchy52
09-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Locked units and markings are a nice example why fully locked, hard coded approach sucks.

JG54_Lukas
09-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by csThor:
I seriously doubt they'll add any units. I've asked more times than I care to remember, but it either fell through the priority filters or came too late. Since I don't think Ilya can add them himself - and knowing Maddox Games won't spend the time on them - I just don't see it happening.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. Seeing the screenshot luthier posted today of the Ar 234 with KG 200 markings doesn't exactly give me hope we'll see KG 76. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Fox_3
09-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Ask a skinner nicely for a skin or pack with the unit badge. Problem solved. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

csThor
09-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Locked units and markings are not a sign of any flaw of a "hardcoded" approach, but more of Maddox Games's inability to comprehend the importance of a complete unit pool and correct markings as well as their obvious hesitation/unwillingness to delegate work to people who have the knowledge and the time.

anarchy52
09-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Fox_3:
Ask a skinner nicely for a skin or pack with the unit badge. Problem solved. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

And then what?
I make my own skins (http://marvin.kset.org/~riddler/skins/),but
online I can use only the pre-defined locked set of markings and unit designations.

goshikisen
09-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by csThor:
Locked units and markings are not a sign of any flaw of a "hardcoded" approach, but more of Maddox Games's inability to comprehend the importance of a complete unit pool and correct markings as well as their obvious hesitation/unwillingness to delegate work to people who have the knowledge and the time.

I wonder how difficult it is to add units... is it something above and beyond just adding KG76 and a few specifics about the unit? Strange to have someone spend all the time required to make one of these models and then go half-***ed on its implementation. Is this something more than spending an afternoon on some rudimentary data entry?

VW-IceFire
09-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by goshikisen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:
Locked units and markings are not a sign of any flaw of a "hardcoded" approach, but more of Maddox Games's inability to comprehend the importance of a complete unit pool and correct markings as well as their obvious hesitation/unwillingness to delegate work to people who have the knowledge and the time.

I wonder how difficult it is to add units... is it something above and beyond just adding KG76 and a few specifics about the unit? Strange to have someone spend all the time required to make one of these models and then go half-***ed on its implementation. Is this something more than spending an afternoon on some rudimentary data entry? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The same goes for markings on aircraft that do more than resemble the actual markings but actually replicate them. Not a big deal in my mind compared to all of the hard work they've done.

I'm not sure how hard it would be for them to say...add the 400 series squadrons into the RAF folder...

goshikisen
09-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Not a big deal in my mind compared to all of the hard work they've done.


Exactly... why not complement the hard work of the modeller by giving the model a historical context. It's like going 9/10th's of the way and saying "we've gone far enough". 1C:Maddox ought to finish the job...

JG54_Lukas
09-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Well, now that I think about it, the trend has been for 1C to add in the correct units for aircraft as they are implemented:

-The ZG and NJG units came with the flyable Bf 110 G-2
-1./JG 1 and 3.JG 1 came with the flyable He 162
-KG 200 came with the Mistel
-JG 400 came with the Me 163
-JG 301 came with the Ta 152

Sooo...hopefully the trend will continue with the Ar 234. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JG53Frankyboy
09-07-2006, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by JG54_Lukas:
Well, now that I think about it, the trend has been for 1C to add in the correct units for aircraft as they are implemented:

...........

not alwasy, having the italian units in mind.

JG54_Lukas
09-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG54_Lukas:
Well, now that I think about it, the trend has been for 1C to add in the correct units for aircraft as they are implemented:

...........

not alwasy, having the italian units in mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, okay, for the German aircraft they have been good about it, but they really did drop the ball with the Italian ones.

csThor
09-07-2006, 08:17 AM
That happened way way back. The italian units are a sad example of what is going to happen to this request.

darkhorizon11
09-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Luthier threw these up on simhq, surprisingly there not on the rrg site. But you can clearly see the squad markings in one of them, I have no idea which squad but im sure an expert can step in and identify them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=006023;p=2

JG54_Lukas
09-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by darkhorizon11:
Luthier threw these up on simhq, surprisingly there not on the rrg site. But you can clearly see the squad markings in one of them, I have no idea which squad but im sure an expert can step in and identify them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=006023;p=2

That's KG 200, a unit we already have - not to mention, a unit which never flew the Ar 234. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

VW-IceFire
09-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by JG54_Lukas:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkhorizon11:
Luthier threw these up on simhq, surprisingly there not on the rrg site. But you can clearly see the squad markings in one of them, I have no idea which squad but im sure an expert can step in and identify them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=006023;p=2

That's KG 200, a unit we already have - not to mention, a unit which never flew the Ar 234. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Although it is from...1946.

Bewolf
09-26-2006, 03:36 AM
I still miss I/KG54

JG54_Lukas
07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Bump

To add to the list:

30 BAP: Soviet Pe-2 unit in action over Murmansk
17 GShAP: Il-2 unit also in action over Murmansk
II./JG 11: Bf 109 K-4 unit in action in and around Berlin in 1945
II./JG 26: fought in several actions over Berlin in 1945

I know...not likely to be added, but the least we can do is make the request be known.