PDA

View Full Version : Navigation in PF

tigertoo
08-20-2005, 09:30 AM
This is the sutuation:FMB and a mission with 2 section of 4 American planes each,and 10 waypoints.No enemy's.
1)Off-line: i take plane Nā?1(lead first section) and press:Red section>Navigation>next waypoint.
The Direction Finder of my Radio Magnetic compass turns to the direction of the next waypoint.
2)off-line:i take plane Nā?5 (lead second section)and press:White section>Navigation>next waypoint.
The Direction Finder of my Radio Magnetic compass turns to the direction of the next waypoint

Now it's coming:if ONLINE and i Host the game:
I take Nā?1 plane and my friend takes Nā?5 plane. For me the RMI works fine when pressing my command but if my friend presses: White section>navigation>next waypoint: HIS Direction Finder does not move at all to the next waypoint!!
If he takes Nā?1 plane and i take Nā?5: his direction finder does not work eighter and mine still does.

Is this normal,or a bug,or ???????,
Thanks for your time

|CoB|_Spectre
08-20-2005, 11:13 AM
From my less-than-perfectly-reliable memory, seems the Nav points on the RMI are driven by the Flight leader (i.e., the #1 aircraft). Granted, you'd think each "Flight" would consist of two elements, therefore the #5 aircraft would be his own Flight Leader, especially since his flight has a different designator (i.e., White flight, Blue flight, etc.). However, the game doesn't seem to look at it that way. I'd have to run some FMB checks, but I think if you set the other group as "Flight 2", that would give you another #1 Leader and would probably drive the RMI according to his/her waypoint. I do not recall having any online issues where another player flying as Flight Leader in the #1 aircraft could not navigate by waypoint and RMI. I might suggest you post this thread in the Mission Builder forums due to the large knowledge base of users there. Might not hurt to post also in Oleg's Ready Room if it looks like others report a bug, since it's a gathering place for discussions on bugs and other anomolies.

tigertoo
08-21-2005, 03:47 AM
Thanks for your reaction m8, i'll try your suggestions and come back to you with the results
cheerio
Tigertoo