PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer woes: Cannot host, despite forwarding ports

Bahger1960
05-14-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm trying to be patient and constructive, especially as I like the singleplayer game very much (in spite of several hiccups caused by the always-on Internet connection requirement).

I have never experienced this level of difficulty getting MP to work in any game, ever. I forwarded the ports in my software firewall but it still appears that (i) I cannot host a game, (ii) I get a server failure notice half the time when trying to set up private games with people on my friends list and even when I connect the game often crashes and (iii) the matchmaker produces a game in about 1 in ten tries on average.

I am running SCC on a very high-end gaming PC with a good broadband connection.

I'm supposed to be reviewing SCC for a major gaming website so before I condemn the MP as completely broken, can people here let me know if my experience is typical and/or if there is any possible fix?

Many thanks.

deda_marijan
05-14-2010, 01:31 PM
You have my full sympathy, cause that's exactly what i am battling with for almost two weeks. Everything forwarded properly and still both me and my friend can't host.

Do you have a static ip address?? On portforwarding.com they mentioned it's crucial. But didn't help to me :/

SteroidFreud
05-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Bahger1960:
I'm trying to be patient and constructive, especially as I like the singleplayer game very much (in spite of several hiccups caused by the always-on Internet connection requirement).

I have never experienced this level of difficulty getting MP to work in any game, ever. I forwarded the ports in my software firewall but it still appears that (i) I cannot host a game, (ii) I get a server failure notice half the time when trying to set up private games with people on my friends list and even when I connect the game often crashes and (iii) the matchmaker produces a game in about 1 in ten tries on average.

I am running SCC on a very high-end gaming PC with a good broadband connection.

I'm supposed to be reviewing SCC for a major gaming website so before I condemn the MP as completely broken, can people here let me know if my experience is typical and/or if there is any possible fix?

Many thanks.

Sadly, yeh, the multiplayer aspect is completely broken. Despite trying the above and many many other things (like hamachi and tunngle for one), NOTHING seems to work.

I am definitely in the majority as well - the endless amount of threads and the sticky(ies) speak for that.

Still no patch and even after server maintenance.

To think, they actually charged MORE for this than the average title. Ubishaft don't deserve nothing but disdain from their customers.

deda_marijan
05-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I have a question. How come some people over Tungle and such actually CAN host?

I've played some matches with random people who can host, but that just sucks.

JasonFMTX
05-14-2010, 03:28 PM
sorry, dont have much time.

2 things

1. open all the ports on your router in the admin settings, the DMZ light has to be lit on the router.

2. Bypass the router and just hook into your modem. It will work

Bahger1960
05-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Thank you for the info, guys.

JasonFTMX, that is very helpful advice. You think maybe the settings in my software firewall are being ignored by my router? I do not know if my modem, which is connected to my desktop and works as a wireless modem for other computers in the house is a router. What do you think, modem or router? It's the only device of this type that I have.