PDA

View Full Version : Noob question - ending missions in PF campaign

RC_Beastly
02-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Can someone explain to me how a mission ends in a Pacific Fighters campaign? I have started 3 different pilot campaigns and flown quite a few missions but the mission ending seems to be a non event. The pilot screen never shows any completed missions either. If I remember right, in IL2 you landed and turned your engine off and were given a choice of ending or continuing a mission. ( or maybe you bailed out or crashed but were still given a choice).

In PF I have completed missions, landed on the carrier, waited till all the other planes landed and even waited at 8x speed for some time after, but never get the choice to end mission. If I esc and quit the mission it shows the air/ground kills but the pilot roster shows no completed missions or kills. What am I doing wrong? (I am running version 3.04)

Thanks for any help!

Zeus-cat
02-06-2006, 09:02 PM
You are doing it correctly. Hit escape, choose Apply and the next mission will start.

The mission counter doesn't count the mission you have just flown until you hit Apply. Since the next mission starts when you hit Apply, you don't see that mission counted until you leave the game. It makes sense if you think about it, but it is a little odd.

Akronnick
02-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Check your difficulty settings for the campaign. If you have "No Instant Success" option checked, you will have to meet whatever victory conditions exist for the mission before you can proceed to the next mission. These conditions vary depending on the mission and range from obscure to unnattainable. If you have that object unchecked you can move on to the next mission as long as you are not killed or captured during the mission.

RC_Beastly
02-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the answers. My problem was in not clicking the 'apply' button. It seemed like a strange out of context label, but I now understand it means something like 'save this mission's results and generate a new one'. I should have experimented a bit more!

Thanks again.