PDA

View Full Version : Disable mouse smoothing?

Rokchant
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM
I just bought this game, and the only thing that annoys me about it, is the mouse smoothing. There is no option to turn it off and it is quite annoying. I am use to the standard mouse movements of most FPS's so it throws me off quite a bit.

Is there anyway to disable this through config or anything like that? Hopefully there is.

altezza2k2
04-27-2010, 08:13 PM
i cant believe this isnt a bigger problem with lots of people complaining about it. the game is unplayable with the mouse the way it is now. i cant find any way to disable it. can anyone help here?

my anger and disappointment is through the roof right now. a) i can't believe a game i payed for and was so excited for would so completely **** me over with the most BASIC of things. b) im prolly in the minority of the people who arent pirating this game because of what should be ILLEGAL DRM, im dealing with the fact that this game is a crappy port, i forget that fact that it cost $10 more than most other PC games but how can you **** up the most basic keyboard mouse controls??!!

Multimaster88
04-28-2010, 02:47 AM
download the cpl mouse fix, it changes ur registry to completely disable all acceleration on the whole computer

Merlin_AZ
04-28-2010, 07:07 AM
I agree.
I think this mouse smoothing needs a way to be turned off without having to mess with the registry.

RE-EMpro1
04-28-2010, 09:40 AM
what does the mouse smoothing do?

LithianLord
04-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Multimaster88:
download the cpl mouse fix, it changes ur registry to completely disable all acceleration on the whole computer

QFT

Merlin_AZ
04-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by RE-EMpro1:
what does the mouse smoothing do?
It causes your mouse cursor on screen
to lag behind what you are actually doing with the mouse on the mousepad.

FAF_DRAKO
04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeap... I noticed the Smoothing as well. Pretty annoying. Trying to find the Config file to see if they have an off setting in there. Will post any findings that may help this out.

HEAT.GRLSOV
04-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Ok, it's a very long shot, but I remember in Dead Space(that was completely different I know), if you turned V-Sync off, the mouse lag would go away.

Have you tried with V-Sync off?

FAF_DRAKO
04-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by GhostRiderLSOV:
Ok, it's a very long shot, but I remember in Dead Space(that was completely different I know), if you turned V-Sync off, the mouse lag would go away.

I never have Vsync On and I still get the Mouse Smoothing type Lag.

nazarethx
04-28-2010, 01:39 PM
I used to have serious problems using my Razer mouse in ports due to there being supposed mouse acceleration. If you own a Razer mouse, or any other third party mouse, you likely have software installed (driver included) for that mouse.

Since I own a Razer mouse, I may only be able to help those that use one. There are two parts to the solution I found: one includes installing Mark C's Windows 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix (for Windows 7 only) or the CPL Mouse Fix or Cheese Mouse Fix (for Windows XP/Vista) and one includes modifying your Razer settings slightly.

1. Go to http://razerblueprints.net/ind...mid,99/topic,8672.0/ (http://razerblueprints.net/index.php/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,99/topic,8672.0/) and read everything thoroughly so you understand how this fix works (for Windows 7). Links to the XP/Vista version of the fix are listed in the description. *IMPORTANT* Make sure you have your Windows mouse speed set to the 6/11 mark or else this fix will not work properly.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3985/windowsmouse.jpg

2. After installing and rebooting, your Windows mouse may seem a little fast or slow at first, but we will fix that momentarily. Open up your Razer configuration software as shown below and expand both sections to the left of the window to view the Win Pointer Speed and the Sensitivity. The Win Pointer Speed should remain in the middle where it is now (it is the exact same setting as the Mouse Properties setting shown above and it should mirror the 6/11 setting) so do NOT touch it. The only slider you should change is the Sensitivity slider. If your mouse cursor seems too fast, then slide the bar down. The same thing applies if it seems too slow: simply slide the bar up until you find an appropriate speed.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4334/razers.jpg

3. Reboot for good measure and then try SC:C or any other game you've commonly had mouse acceleration problems!

The CPL fix or Cheese Mouse fix will NOT work for Windows 7 users since Microsoft changed how mouse acceleration works in 7. If you try to use CPL or Cheese, it will disable mouse acceleration, but when you start up a game, Windows will re-enable mouse acceleration without your knowledge. Using the Mark C fix (which is designed for Windows 7) will fix that problem and give you true 1-to-1 mouse to pointer response (or ZERO mouse acceleration). Quoted from the first link posted above: "Exactly 1-to-1 means no discarded or delayed mouse input while game playing."

If anyone has a different brand mouse with similar configuration settings, this should still apply. If you can't figure it out, just post here and I might be able to help you out.

edit: to clarify a few things

SilentAce07
04-28-2010, 02:14 PM
... *sigh*

Apollo... No, no Ill bite my tongue.

HEAT.GRLSOV
04-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by FAF_DRAKO:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GhostRiderLSOV:

I never have Vsync On and I still get the Mouse Smoothing type Lag. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see. I don't have the game yet, so I didn't know...
Well, let's hope they do something about it then.

chrkaise
04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
remember when quake first came out and everyones railgun % was low? and now, 10 years later, players can rail higher % then bots?

i think this is why you are all having a hard time aiming. yes ubisoft made it harder to aim, and this "smoothing" while frustrating is keeping you from being able to run into a room and headshot 4 guys in 2 seconds, which you will eventually have the skill to do if you play long enough.

i could be wrong, it could just be a by product of a crappy port and poorly designed pc input controls, but for now im just chalking it up to them wanting to deter ppl from going on shooting rampages. remember, the game was made for xbox whyere you must use analog sticks and we all know how well ppl can aim with those prices ofcrap lol

Ashrien
04-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by altezza2k2:
im prolly in the minority of the people who arent pirating this game because of what should be ILLEGAL DRM

Actually, in the bigger scope of things, this mode of DRM really isn't bad. No rootkits, no SecuRom taking a crap if you use Daemon-Tools for legitimate reasons, no software monitoring. Just maintains a constant connection.

Hell, they even say right on the back of the box, no CD/DVD required to play and unlimited installs. While other companies (EA/Spore, anyone?) go over the top, this is no worse than any other online-game out there. If you die in Counter-Strike, yes, you lose your progress with the bomb, have to do it all over again. Nobody's b!tching about that over at the CS:S forums. lol

simulacra
04-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by chrkaise:
remember when quake first came out and everyones railgun % was low? and now, 10 years later, players can rail higher % then bots?

i think this is why you are all having a hard time aiming. yes ubisoft made it harder to aim, and this "smoothing" while frustrating is keeping you from being able to run into a room and headshot 4 guys in 2 seconds, which you will eventually have the skill to do if you play long enough.

i could be wrong, it could just be a by product of a crappy port and poorly designed pc input controls, but for now im just chalking it up to them wanting to deter ppl from going on shooting rampages. remember, the game was made for xbox whyere you must use analog sticks and we all know how well ppl can aim with those prices ofcrap lol

The mouse smoothing drives me nuts, it feels like I'm dragging my sight at the end of a fishing line, we really have to get the option to turn it off.

Zaph31
04-29-2010, 07:43 AM
@nazarethx

Dude, thank you SO much.

You have no idea how long mouse issues have been messing with me in so many games. When I tried describing to people that my mouse is fine in some games (TF2 it's perfect) but 'weird' in others (Bad Company 2), they had no idea what I meant. Describing 'weird' isn't easy.

I've just installed the reg fix in that link you game, and the difference is insane. It's perfect now.

You rock.

Kentelyoo
04-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the link Nazarethx. But this game doesn't have a mouse acceleration problem, just a mouse smoothing problem. Anyway, I tried it just in case and I see no difference.

sinebar1958
04-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Rokchant:
I just bought this game, and the only thing that annoys me about it, is the mouse smoothing. There is no option to turn it off and it is quite annoying. I am use to the standard mouse movements of most FPS's so it throws me off quite a bit.

Is there anyway to disable this through config or anything like that? Hopefully there is.

This mouse bull**** is unaceptable. I can't even play the ****ing game. It's impossible to keep the cursor on the enemy. If there is no fix for this then I'm going to remove this piece of crap from my computer, make a video of me shredding the ****ing DVD and put the video on You Tube with.

x3cPeasant
04-29-2010, 08:06 PM
short of using a registry fix, up the sensitivity of your mouse so that you can follow targets more closely.

i use a logitech MX518 with dpi buttons above and below the wheel, this helps me immensely in every game i have... need a precise OSOK, lower it, just another day at the office (normal playing)m turn it on medium... need crazy fast reflexes? turn it on high.

Multimaster88
04-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Limerick_:
short of using a registry fix, up the sensitivity of your mouse so that you can follow targets more closely.

i use a logitech MX518 with dpi buttons above and below the wheel, this helps me immensely in every game i have... need a precise OSOK, lower it, just another day at the office (normal playing)m turn it on medium... need crazy fast reflexes? turn it on high.

Thats not a very good thing to do, in fact that wont improve how you aim it will only make you inconsistant. Most pro fpsers use 0 accel for consistancy, and stick to the exact same sensitivety (one way to check is do a 360 degree turn in ___ inches of sliding the mouse on every game); so they are able to use crazy fast reflexes and know exactly where the cursor will stop.

grobvolk
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Alrigt, I'm not gonna buy this game.
Shame though, I was really looking forward to it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Necrophilic
05-01-2010, 05:17 AM
Hey guys, I followed what was on this website and it pretty much got rid of 90% of my mouse smoothing problem on SCC. There's no program you have to download. Just some adjustments to mouse settings. Try it out.

http://www.puttputt.ca/?p=188

simongie
05-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Giys, just do some digging around.
Got your games install directory\SRC\System
Look for the following files.
conviction.ini has an option called reducemouselag
default.ini has an option called reducemouselag

First undo the read only attributes of the files by rightclicking and properties and unchecking readonly.

The change the reducemouselag=True to
reducemouselag=False

Give it a go, haven't tried it yet but will keep you posted.

simongie
05-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Both files are the same, so I don't know which one the game uses, but I suspect it's conviction.ini

simongie
05-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Similarly if you play with the profiledefaultsPC file, and look for the [KT_X360] section, you can remap an Xbox controllers keys if you are having issues.

lowkee33
05-02-2010, 03:41 AM
nazarethx

Nice find nazarethx,I have been trying to find a fix for this since battlefield BC2 came out. That game was unplayable as well. I have been using my controller,which isn't bad at all compared to the mouse smoothing,but back to mouse and keyboard. Thanks again
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jax_za
05-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Its Always teh Unreal Engine powered games that have this annoying mouse lag problem. Literally ALL of them. In fact...its been around since the days of the first unreal engine!

Dear Tim Sweeny (or whatever your name is), fix your bloody engine: mouce accel/filtering = bad...really...it just sucks, remove it ffs.

James-24
05-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I'd like to see mouse smoothing as an option.
I don't mind, but at times I'd like to see how it handles with it off completely.

Seeings
08-26-2013, 01:58 AM
Edit these 2 lines to fix the mouse acceleration issue
m_MinPushForce=0.020
m_MaxPushForce=0.900
Edit to the same value to remove acceleration.

(for example i changed the m_MaxPushForce=0.900 to 0.020)
so it looks like this:
m_MinPushForce=0.020
m_MaxPushForce=0.020

The lines can be found in a file called inputTranslations.ini and can be found under <Useraccounts>\Documents\Ubisoft\Blacklist folder

x3cPeasant
08-29-2013, 05:30 AM
Thats not a very good thing to do, in fact that wont improve how you aim it will only make you inconsistant. Most pro fpsers use 0 accel for consistancy, and stick to the exact same sensitivety (one way to check is do a 360 degree turn in ___ inches of sliding the mouse on every game); so they are able to use crazy fast reflexes and know exactly where the cursor will stop.

It does improve how i aim... i play on hardest difficulty without mark& execute... when a different game has a different level of smoothing or acceleration, i adjust the acceleration until it fits with the same movements that all my other games do...

And if you expect to go pro playing Splinter Cell Conviction i feel bad for you... I'm a serious gamer and find that all different types of games require different types of settings, adapt and win, not cry because you don't know how...