PDA

View Full Version : why doesnt my arty fire??

richjones1977
10-06-2010, 04:00 AM
hi this is a basic question and i should know better by now but im not a big user of Artillery and i dont seem to be able to use it when i get the unit into posstion and in range of my openents building etc it doesnt fire? what do i need to do ? sorry

Brenbed
10-06-2010, 04:17 AM
Well usually they will begin to fire on their own if certain enemies are within range or they feel threaten by advancing enemies. But the best way to use Artillery is to give them a specific Target to hit. But also keep in mind that not all Artillery were created equal, so with that being said, some of them have different fire rates. Some fire off rapidly back to back and others have slow fire rates, meaning they won't exactly fire off back to back and will give the Illusion that they are not firing at all.

And when you give them a target make sure they are in range of the target. If they are not within the correct range they will move into a better position in order to connect with the intended target. But Be careful though, if they begin to move and you are not paying attention they could be moving into a sector that doesn't have recon available and will be in danger of being ambushed by troops hiding in the forest...

Hope that helps...

InfiniteStates
10-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Also bear in mind there is a game setting to automatically fire on enemy buildings, which is off by default, in case you prefer to capture them.

GunnersMate07
10-06-2010, 06:14 AM
You probably have radio silence activated in the sector with arty. All units under radio silence hold fire until they are spotted or you tell them to fire (this includes tanks that are in range of an enemy unit but have not been spotted yet).

Just give them a target to shoot and they will fire out of radio silence. And like BP_Charlie said, you should enable the setting in options that says automatically fire at buildings (this also allows you to destroy supply depots with a single unit of infantry).

airborneguy
10-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Find, Fix, and Maneuver!