PDA

View Full Version : Game Time

roostersrule2
10-11-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.playstationpure.be/...ker-AC-Revelations/0 (http://www.playstationpure.be/blog/item/7726/Interview-Falko-Poiker-AC-Revelations/0) (its in Dutch but just use Google translate) its a good interview but says the game with no side missions is only 10-13 hours with Desmond and Altair getting 3 hours each that means ezio gets 4-7 hours(with no side missions) . That's only as long as brotherhood and ACR seems a lot bigger will it be rushed like brotherhood's story was, but with side missions and random side missions which are hopefully RDR style the game should be 17-20 hours.

*edit-also off-topic there is mention of a new ancestor of Desmond in the game maybe.

LightRey
10-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Sorry to tell you this, but this was already posted in a different thread.

roostersrule2
10-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Sorry to tell you this, but this was already posted in a different thread. I know, the interview was there to confirm not to show.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 03:13 PM
If the game with side missions is only 20 hours I'd be sad. That's shorter than AC1.

AC1 was 30 for me, AC2 and ACB were 40 for me.

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
If the game with side missions is only 20 hours I'd be sad. That's shorter than AC1.

AC1 was 30 for me, AC2 and ACB were 40 for me. 0_o you sir have great Patience, AC I took me 11 hours, AC II took me about 19 and B took 15

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm used to playing 50-100 hour RPGs...

LightRey
10-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I have no idea how long all the story missions added together took for me for any of the games. I always make sure I've done every little thing that I'll have to do eventually before moving on with the story.

Assassin_M
10-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm used to playing 50-100 hour RPGs...
Well Me too, but AC doesnt take me that much during my first play through, my second playthrough though can last for a good few months..

roostersrule2
10-11-2011, 03:20 PM

AC1 was 30 for me, AC2 and ACB were 40 for me. That's only like Templar agents,courtesan,thieves,mercenary and assassin tombs but whatever the called in ACR not collectibles like feathers

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 03:20 PM
:P

On my first playthrough in the AC games I do everything. Then on my other playthroughs I just do the stories and main side missions. (Or the side missions I jsut randomly come across.

LightRey
10-11-2011, 03:22 PM
:P

On my first playthrough in the AC games I do everything. Then on my other playthroughs I just do the stories and main side missions. (Or the side missions I jsut randomly come across.
lol, I wouldn't be satisfied if I didn't do everything there is to do first. I just can't help myself :P

johnnyhayek
10-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I played AC1 7 times, AC2 4 times, ACB 4 times... I don't think I'll have a problem with ACR either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sarari
10-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
I played AC1 7 times, AC2 4 times, ACB 4 times... I don't think I'll have a problem with ACR either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
How did you beat AC1 7 times??? It's so repetitive!

SleezeRocker
10-11-2011, 06:56 PM
though ACB was short, took my time with it by doing the side misisons/memories

But I still find all the AC games at fair length for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kudos17
10-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
How did you beat AC1 7 times??? It's so repetitive! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:O This!!!

I've tried to play AC1 over and over, but I just can't do it. Loved it the first time though.

I've played through AC:B a couple times, but I must say AC2 is my favorite so far - played through it a solid 3 times now. Probably gonna do that and Brotherhood again right before AC:R comes out.

kriegerdesgottes
10-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyhayek:

Because it's still an amazing badass game that gets much less respect than it deserves. I've only replayed the story 3 times or so but I used to play it for a while every day or close to it until ACII came out just free-running/killing.

Black_Widow9
10-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
lol, I wouldn't be satisfied if I didn't do everything there is to do first. I just can't help myself :P
I so agree. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Calvarok
10-11-2011, 10:20 PM
It's difficult to know what he's really speaking in: is he overestimating the average skill of players, or underestimating it?

I've seen game reviewers post wildly different times that they think the games can be completed in, I find that the only true test is to do it myself. AC1 was not actually very long, I found, a bit longer than Brotherhood. AC2 is still the longest. I'm hoping that in actuality it will be about AC2's length.

It's important to note that what you guys are referring to as side content (Desmond and Altair missions) are actually nessesary to progress the story, and so should be counted as full on content. The Assassin's Dens and Templar agents and random events and Assassin recruiting/graduation missions seem to be more of the side content stuff.

The Seals are the new lairs/Tombs, so they're officially a port of the main story.

I guess they wanted to tie the reward at the end to the story more. I'm glad, now they can actually make other characters comment on it and stuff.

ProletariatPleb
10-11-2011, 10:32 PM
well AC:B only took me 11hrs to go 100% hopefully AC:R will be much longer.

LightRey
10-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
Well lemme see. I played both AC1 and AC2 10 times and ACB 5 times (I'm currently working on my 6th).
So, I don't think I'll have a problem with ACR either :P

Jexx21
10-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:

..how? o.o

I'm not even 100% yet in Brotherhood and I have 40 hours on my first play-through.

ProletariatPleb
10-12-2011, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

..how? o.o

I'm not even 100% yet in Brotherhood and I have 40 hours on my first play-through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

40hours?!!?!?!? I didn't even spend that on Witcher 2! (and it's 100% complete[player on patch 1.0 the whole game, then again on 1.35..planning to replay with 2.0 patch])

DavisP92
10-12-2011, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

..how? o.o

I'm not even 100% yet in Brotherhood and I have 40 hours on my first play-through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

40 hours is crazy ha, at least ur playing it and still have more to do. I beat it (dlc's too) all under 25 hours. and Ubisoft said it was suppose to be 50+ hours (and even professional gamers didn't get 100% sync)

SixKeys
10-12-2011, 06:03 AM
I never pay much attention to play time estimations because AC games always take me longer to finish. I always do every side mission and tend to be pretty meticuluous about collectibles as well. The biggest reason though is my own play style. I like to immerse myself in the world completely, act like I imagine the assassin would have acted in the story. I rarely run if there are guards around, even if they're not suspicious of me, because I just feel like it's not something Alta´r or Ezio would do. In Rome I avoid horse travel in the cities because I hate accidentally bumping into civilians with my horse (I can't see Ezio trampling over innocent people), so I'm forced to ride at a snail's pace, lol. I change my outfit color every time I've done a big mission because I like to pretend Ezio dyes his clothes to ward off suspicion (if the guards are looking for a man in bright white robes, confuse them with Florence crimson). I only pickpocket from people who look rich and randomly go around throwing money at people who look poor. I stop to examine a particularly nice-looking building and make up stories about the kind of people who might live there. Sometimes when I've taken down a Borgia captain during the day, I just sit and wait until sundown until burning the tower because it looks more dramatic blazing against the night sky.

All these small things are what really creates the AC experience for me. I don't understand people who just plow through the most necessary plotpoints of the story as fast as they can and then complain about how short it is. To me AC is all about taking your time to lose yourself in your surroundings. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing AC2 had going for it above ACB was the amount of different locations to explore.

johnnyhayek
10-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by kudos17:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

:O This!!!

I've tried to play AC1 over and over, but I just can't do it. Loved it the first time though.

I've played through AC:B a couple times, but I must say AC2 is my favorite so far - played through it a solid 3 times now. Probably gonna do that and Brotherhood again right before AC:R comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys seriously underestimate AC1. Sure, I won't deny you did the same things for every target, but AC1 had something that AC2 and ACB lacked. It had atmosphere. Its atmosphere was SO well done, the cities were alive, the music was fitting for each, the escape sequences felt so exciting, you actually felt you did something after killing a target since you start hearing the bell toll in the background, it had better quality overall. Also, Al Mualim's speeches sometimes really interested me. Also, its setting is so good. You felt you were making a difference since those were serious political times(Crusades). AC1 was the ultimate Assassin feeling. That is what got me hooked.

AC2 and ACB were too non-serious for my taste. While the Renaissance is amazing, it just felt too cheerful for an Assassin game, and the targets were really meaningless IMO. They just didn't feel that important, more so in ACB. But, I love them all ofcourse. They made an amazing series these 3 games, and ACR is looking to better than ACB and AC2 for me. Can't wait.