PDA

View Full Version : "PCGAMER" gave Battle Of Britain II an 84%

Civil_Genius
08-18-2005, 05:34 PM
HIGHS> Lovely pyrotechnics; Superb dynamic campaign; immersive audio; huge air battles.

LOWS>Occasional stuttering and stability issues; no multiplay; diabolically touchy flight models.

BOTTOM LINE> A flawed flight-sim classic gets a very welcome overhaul.

3.JG51_BigBear
08-18-2005, 05:50 PM
It still sounds better than about 75% reviews I've read about PF http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif.

ashley2005
08-18-2005, 05:52 PM
84% good score ... hopefully it will 0wn as much as i hope it will in offline mode

VW-IceFire
08-18-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm seriously thinking of buying this...

But I'm not sure yet. I'm really hoping for a demo.

bogusheadbox
08-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Well. Like anything. It has to meet the release deadline. And it has to be released in order to not compete with Olegs BOB.

THerefore the instability issues will be sorted in a series of patches. It will be worth a look but i will wait a few months to see what the boards say here after the hype has died down before i spend my money on it.

[edit]

P.s. I have been purchasing PC gamer for quite some time. And though they generally are fairly accurate with their PREVIEWS. I find that sometimes they are biased and can't help but feel they have given a thumbs up to a game just ot get a scoop preview in their mag.

Been many a time PC gamer have a had to re-score a few games.

Be wary of the hype.