PDA

View Full Version : I thought I had seen it all..

Texas LongHorn
01-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Fellow Sim Lunatics, this will crack you up. Last night I was flying my trusty Wildcat when I went vertical in chase of a dash 21 Zero. His wingie behind me got off a beautiful shot that must have killed the piloto and not damaged the AC much, the F4 continued to climb, nosed over on its back at about ten thousand feet and screams for the deck. The goofy thing pulls out and about 1800 feet and repeats this process... TEN TIMES! (six Zero's chasing mind you) Eventually the mini-hammerheads at the top to the egg shaped loop took the toll and the AC fell off to one side and began the same routine, although no longer vertical. The pilot was dead the entire time of course. Simply amazing. I did save the track <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn

Texas LongHorn
01-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Fellow Sim Lunatics, this will crack you up. Last night I was flying my trusty Wildcat when I went vertical in chase of a dash 21 Zero. His wingie behind me got off a beautiful shot that must have killed the piloto and not damaged the AC much, the F4 continued to climb, nosed over on its back at about ten thousand feet and screams for the deck. The goofy thing pulls out and about 1800 feet and repeats this process... TEN TIMES! (six Zero's chasing mind you) Eventually the mini-hammerheads at the top to the egg shaped loop took the toll and the AC fell off to one side and began the same routine, although no longer vertical. The pilot was dead the entire time of course. Simply amazing. I did save the track &lt;ggg.&gt; All the best, LongHorn

Blackdog5555
01-21-2005, 12:41 PM
I wonder if that is a bug or if it is deliberately programmed so that if you Black out all you have to do is release the stick to avoid being a lawn dart? It seem that climb rates are a bit more generous now. Seen some gravity defying flying acrobatics. LOL...

SlickStick
01-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Controls freeze in the last position they are in when the pilot gets killed. Evident by a plane that is spiraling into the ground with a dead pilot, yet guns are still blazing.

The plane must have been trimmed well or the elevator was in a deflected position as the pilot got killed. I've seen planes fly around for upwards of 15 minutes with a dead pilot, usually bombers.

Texas LongHorn
01-21-2005, 01:37 PM
SlickStick, you are correct, the guns kept firing until running out of ammo. I didn't think of it at the time. Truth be told too, I tend to trim the ship perfect for long distance level flight and was in a vertical climb at the time with VERY little elevator deflection. That explains everything. Sounds good to me, All the best, LongHorn

F4U_Flyer
01-21-2005, 09:58 PM
I had something similar in the ph mission. I was looking through the trk to see where i went wrong ( again ) and while looking around the enemy planes i found this zero just flying circles with no pilot. So i reload the trk and find zero #5 and follow his flight. Over the first strip they cross he gets hit by flak , which sends the fuel streaming then the pilot bails! so the plane climbs a little then dives a little then climbs etc , all the while its just circling around the same area. This went for a good 3 minutes until my trk ran out.
Bug or no bug it's still a little strange!

AFJ_Locust
01-21-2005, 10:16 PM
You think thats amazing get a load of this one...

Im trailing a bandit geting close, real close to shooting range, a bandit swoops in behind me didnt know he was there... right when I pull the trigger everything goes black Dam Im PK'ed

Next thing I know the guy I was chasing gets his wing blown clean off buy my dead pilot still squezzing the trigger, this was in a server that had externals that how I seen it...

man that guy didnt have any luck that day http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif