PDA

View Full Version : shrunken heads help????

jonny5isalive15
06-17-2011, 02:42 AM
i know this has been discussed before but i want to know that after selling one of the shrunken heads is there any way to get another shrunken head? i've heard that there is only 2 in the game but i was just wondering if they had put more in with the updates to the game. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Blind2Society
06-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Nope, only 2. Kinda makes you wish the game had a manual save system doesn't it?

lukaszep
06-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Well that sucks. I've been looking for another shrunken head for ages, cause i sold one aswell. So that means we can't finish the shop quest?

jonny5isalive15
06-17-2011, 05:07 AM
thanks for letting me know blind2society. Guess I have to start a new game. Doesn't matter i'll enjoy it anyway and I know not what to do.

Blind2Society
06-17-2011, 07:08 AM
I think everyone must have sold at least one of those or some other hard to find item on their first playthrough. I know I did. Fortunately, for me, it wasn't a shruken head I sold.

Blind2Society
06-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
So that means we can't finish the shop quest?
Yup. It's a bummer, I know.

Eric_490
06-18-2011, 02:47 AM
I ran into this problem and could not for the life of me find the second head then I realized I had sold it. But then I also found out that by killing bandits and then searching them I could get another one!

So go fight the bandits that sometimes attack you and do it over and over searching them and you will eventually find one. A little known fact.

It may take a while, I was lucky enough to find one the second time bandits attacked me after I started looking.

Also you may try sending all your master assassins on the hardest missions. You sometimes get em' from that but it seems to be a lot rarer find than finding one on a bandit.

Blind2Society
06-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Those are good thoughts. I never thought of them. Then again I've fought many a Cento Occhi and have not got a shrunken head from them. But who knows, they are good for rare items so it's worth a shot over starting a new game.

Black_Widow9
06-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=corfrm&cf=9011039408)

AU7thGear
08-23-2011, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by jonny5isalive15:
i know this has been discussed before but i want to know that after selling one of the shrunken heads is there any way to get another shrunken head? i've heard that there is only 2 in the game but i was just wondering if they had put more in with the updates to the game. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Yeap unfortunately the third one is sitting in the ubisoft offices. It does annoy me that Ubisoft do this though. I mean i didn't know that i needed it and i sold it along with other items i thought i didn't need. So Ubisoft would know we want a third but yeah they cant release a patch? Its as if they are punishing us.

Krayus Korianis
08-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by AU7thGear:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonny5isalive15:

Yeap unfortunately the third one is sitting in the ubisoft offices. It does annoy me that Ubisoft do this though. I mean i didn't know that i needed it and i sold it along with other items i thought i didn't need. So Ubisoft would know we want a third but yeah they cant release a patch? Its as if they are punishing us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh they are, because we're too stupid to know better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PurpleHaze1980
09-08-2011, 04:02 AM
I know there are two different types of shop that offer the shrunken heads as investment rewards (Bank is one, I think possibly the other is the tailor?) but I know there is at least ONE other shrunken head somewhere in the game.

I found one accidentally, and I'm not sure where exactly I did find it as I tend to play while watching television and I don't pay too much attention while I game. I hadn't finished either of my investment quests to get the head (I'm barely 10% into getting the bank's shrunken head this way) and I suddenly found one in my inventory while I was checking the shop quests to see if I could obtain the last few armour items from the smithy.

How I could have gotten the shrunken head, not entirely sure. I do all of the following though:

* Search out every treasure chest
* Deliberately go chasing after pickpockets and Borgia messengers (best place they can be found I think is around the Thieves Guild area).
* Loot bodies as often as can.
* Completed all the Guild challenges (don't think it came as a result of this).
* Have killed all the Thousand Eyes Thugs I could find (there may be more, it's hard to say).
* Have done all of the Romulus Lairs (it could be a treasure within those?).
* Have completed Da Vinci Disappearance.

If it hasn't come from any of those methods, I have no clue how it ended up in my inventory but it definitely is a welcome addition judging by the time it's going to take me to get the other one.

SnowTiger
09-22-2011, 02:13 PM
I think it would be beneficial to all of us if we were Unable to Sell Shop Quest Items OR at least be given ample warning that the item we are about to sell will be needed later in a Shop Quest !!

I made the same mistake early in the game myself, although, thanks to this forum, I was able over time to recover my sold items.