PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Pilot Campaign in Single player.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:05 PM
I don't think it is a bug, which is why I posted this here. Now that we can go and configure our own Dynamic Campaign settings it the conf.ini file, when I went to go start a finnish B-239 campaign for the continuation war 1941, it just wouldn't do anything. I just kept clicking on the generate button, and nothing happened. My conf.ini DGen entry looks like this:

[DGen]
RandomFlights=5
CampaignDifficulty=Hard
CampaignLength=Long
MissionDistance=35

Any of those entries the trouble maker, or could it be something else entirely different? Thanks in advance for the help.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:05 PM
I don't think it is a bug, which is why I posted this here. Now that we can go and configure our own Dynamic Campaign settings it the conf.ini file, when I went to go start a finnish B-239 campaign for the continuation war 1941, it just wouldn't do anything. I just kept clicking on the generate button, and nothing happened. My conf.ini DGen entry looks like this:

[DGen]
RandomFlights=5
CampaignDifficulty=Hard
CampaignLength=Long
MissionDistance=35

Any of those entries the trouble maker, or could it be something else entirely different? Thanks in advance for the help.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:06 PM
After I eat breakfast I will go into IL2 and check this out.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:07 PM
Interesting... I am going to check this out too.

<center>http://www.km011a0004.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/poser3.jpg <CENTER>
<center><b/><table style="filter:glow[color=#FF0000,strength=4)"><TD><font color="#1A0000"face="americanabt">A society flexible enough to stand for everything really stands for nothing<font></table></center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Cool thanks guys. Let me know what happens to you, I really appreciate it.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:12 PM
Have you tried to take out one line at a time to see if you can pin point it?

Buzz_25th
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------47|FC=-
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/images/imglib/Vfa25.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Yeah I thought about that, but I would like to see what results other people have seen with the same lines, just so I know if it is just me, or a common occurrence.

P.S. Oh and another thing, I am not sure if you guys have experienced this as well, but I tried perfect mode, and it runs a hell of a lot better, but now the water flashes different shades of blue sometimes. For instance, I will be looking at it with one view outside the plane and it will be normal, then I will use the mouse to move the view about 30 degrees to one side, and the water changes color all of a sudden. Its bearable, but I was wondering if anyone else had seen this as well, thanks.

Message Edited on 08/13/0305:21PM by Sturmvogel66

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:29 PM
I just tried to generate a 1941 finnish campaign with the B-239 and it worked fine.

----------------------------------------
<center>I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.
</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:30 PM
OK

I've just tried the exact thing you did and it works fine for me.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes Maj_Death, but did you input the settings that I had in the Conf.ini file, or is yours different, that is what I want to know.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:32 PM
The same order Wonderduck, in the conf.ini file and everything, dang...this sucks.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:34 PM
It would be easier to figure out if you'd pin point which line is giving the problem.

Buzz_25th
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------47|FC=-
<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:36 PM
Actually, where is the conf.ini? I'll open it with notepad and tell you what my [DGen] line says.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:38 PM
You should restore them to the default values from the CD and try that.

Ill check it out as well, brb.

Fish itchy

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Well if you don't know where the conf.ini file is then yours wont say anything about the DGen campaigns, because apparently you have to enter it yourself... And as for waht BuzzU said, I have been putting in a deleting stuff in the conf.ini file, but it seems that that campaign still doesnt want to work, all the rest are working fine, I don't know whats up, did I install the patch wrong? All the other features in the patch are working fine...it just doesn't make sense. One last thing, would I have to change the conf.ini file for every campaign I make so they work, I thought it was a generic thing for all campaigns.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Okay I went in and restored the conf.ini file to default and it worked, but I was wondering if you guys could let me know if yours won't run under the same settings I put in, but at least I know it works now.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:53 PM
Your problem is the CampaignDifficulty line

Deleting that line allowed me to start the campaign. Voila

Try changing both the AI and Missions seperately.

Fish itchy

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:54 PM
It seems like that campaign won't work with any of the lines, are you sure there isn't a particular order they go in BuzzU? The thing that doesn't make sense, is that the 1942 finnish campaign worked fine with the same settings I was trying to use for the 1941 campaign, its confusing me.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Us 8th can you show me what your line looks like, so I can input it, because I already tried changing from difficulty to the two other separate ones, did I do it wrong? Just show me so I can see.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Alright I figured it out, yes US_8th_Dosiers you were right, taking out the campaigndifficulty line worked, but then also you have to take out the mission and ai difficulty, because I tried it with:

[DGen]
RandomFlights=5
MissionDistance=30
CampaignLength=Long

But with no difficulty settings...with the separate difficulty settings it did not work, so I guess I cannot tweak that in this campaign...shucks.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Like I said. Find out what lines were the trouble. I just use default settings, so I couldn't help you, but I knew what I would have done if I had the problem../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Buzz_25th
<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 07:32 PM
Ok, sorry. I couldn't get on to the Forum for a few minutes for some reason.

I tried it with seperate lines for AI and Missions as well and it did not work for me either.

Try it with just one or the other and see if it works. Could just be a bug. If doing them one at a time does not work, report it via that e-mail in the readme.

Fish itchy