PDA

View Full Version : WHERE CAN I BUY BLACK EDITION????

Revan-Risinger
05-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I live in the U.S., and i want the Black Edition. Where can i buy it. Play.com does not ship to the U.S., does anyone know where i can buy it, and i dont want to download it.

itsamea-mario
05-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Well im pretty sure it was pre-order only, so its unlikely you you'll be able to buy it. there might be some people who didnt use and are selling it on places like ebay, but its been a long time so there's little chance. sorry.
hope that helped.

EmperorxZurg
05-23-2010, 04:40 PM
it was only pre-order. Like the above poster said, your only option is either Ebay or craigslist or something. Ubi is releasing a complete edition soon though that includes everything and it will be released in the usa if you want to. It was coming out like this summer or something, can't remember exactly

NightmareGK13
05-23-2010, 06:29 PM
i bought mine and it wasn't a pre-order o.o
bought it from play.com after the game was officially launched i think

jimbo11235813
05-24-2010, 05:06 AM
I don't see why you want it. It's a waste of money. I'd just wait for the AC2 Complete Edition (AC2 game with the DLC and Lairs). The DVD, book and model aren't worth getting unless you really want them.

Although it was purchasable after it was released, it was more expensive (when I looked). Also, would the game even work on US consoles?

P.S. you say you "don't want to download it". Do you mean that you would prefer not to download the DLC or that you can't (i.e. unable to connect to internet or have no constant internet access)? Either case, Black Edition is not for you. DLC, 'bonfires of the vanities' and 'battle of Forli' both require downloading anyway (as they are not in the Black edition, except for PC which all editions of game have those). And if you don't have internet on the console then you can't activate the 3 Templar Lairs, making purchase useless (except for model, book, etc). Getting the AC2 Complete Edition (probably*) means you get all the DLC (and Lairs) without even connecting to the internet (unless you get it for PC, which requires constant internet access, I think).

In summary you are probably better off waiting for the AC2 Complete Edition to come out, rather than spending an extra 30-40 (or equivalent in dollars) on maybe and 1 and 1/2 extra hours of gameplay (and the extra stuff). Of course it all depends on why you want it. I base my answer on the fact you are cautious about the downloading.

*I say probably as I don't know all the details about it. Research it first if you decide to purchase it.

TheLeoCrow
05-25-2010, 02:15 AM
Steam has the deluxe edition which is basically the complete edition, i think that's what the OP means about the download part.

The black edition has a nice Ezio statue and some more nice extras. Play.com has it here (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/10287867/Assassin-Creed-II-Black-Edition/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0) but it more expensive now than when i got it. And i'm not sure that it ships to the USA.